• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Ha! I still can't believe Scion of the Ur Dragon is worth so much right now. And I paid pennies for a foil one. Buncha edh tryhards I tell ya.

PS. Goblin Guide still hasn't been spoiled yet, right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ha! I still can't believe Scion of the Ur Dragon is worth so much right now. And I paid pennies for a foil one. Buncha edh tryhards I tell ya.

PS. Goblin Guide still hasn't been spoiled yet, right?

Ban Goblin Guide (=V)

Goblin Guide is funny on modo because they sell a precon with 4 Goblin Guides. Hence it costs like 3 bucks online :lol

Awesome new spoiler from the same site that spoiled Magmaw
krenkos-commandwmk.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
9QrDXCN.jpg

("How dare WOTC print this card in MY $10/pack set")

ironmang

At least now there aren't many cards needing a reprint that are being overlooked. MM1 having bulk rares taking spots of essential cards like Noble Hierarch and Fulminator Mage was a little frustrating. Also just omitting random common/uncommon staples like Serum Visions and Remand felt a little careless.

Angry Grimace

Am I misunderstanding this conversation?

On Bitterblossom:

"It is not mythic to keep its financial value. It's mythic because it is one of the most important cards in the history of the game. For almost 4 years it defined 2 separate formats. And this is coming from a guy who owns 0 'blossoms and needs 2 for various reasons."

Response: "So, you'e be OK with them deciding that Sol Ring should now be mythic because it was always such a defining card? Mythic rarity is justified in this case because of Limited potential, which is one of their given reasons for making a card mythic. Mythics were supposed to be either big, splashy spells or ones that you don't want to see often in Limited (even less often than Rares...) BB makes the cut for the second reason. Of course, there were other cards that Maro at least has admitted were made Mythic to avoid bringing down their prices, a policy that doesn't sit well with a lot of people. Tarmogoyf is the poster child for this terrible decision to "hold the future hostage to the past" and people are expecting to see it everywhere."

Am I high? Isn't Sol Ring literally the most powerful Limited card ever?

Firemind

Mythics don't have to make sense. At the beginning I was naive enough to believe mythics weren't supposed to be 4-of staples.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| My Life For Goyfs

Yeef

Sol Ring has always been uncommon except for in FTV where everything is mythic. Sol Ring will never be in a (paper) booster product, so it's rarity doesn't really matter much.

But yes, I think if Sol Ring were in a draft format, it'd have to be mythic (which it is in Vintage Masters).

Not to interrupt our regularly scheduled rarity debates, BTW, but it's almost time for |OT4| so... y'all figure out who's posting the OP.

Angry Grimace

Sol Ring has always been uncommon except for in FTV where everything is mythic. Sol Ring will never be in a (paper) booster product, so it's rarity doesn't really matter much.

But yes, I think if Sol Ring were in a draft format, it'd have to be mythic (which it is in Vintage Masters).
VMA and Cube. In related news: Sol Ring is the card most associated with winning in VMA and in Holiday Cube, actually.

Angry Grimace

Not to interrupt our regularly scheduled rarity debates, BTW, but it's almost time for |OT4| so... y'all figure out who's posting the OP.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Far // Away the best thread on NeoGAF

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| All Posts Inside are Mythic Rare

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Fetch Can't Happen Twice.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Strictly Better than OT3

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Cardboard 401(k) Discussion

Magic The Gathering OT4: To Zendikar and Beyond!

Magic the Gathering OT4: Cards against Budgeting

Magic the Gathering OT4: Masters of Modern but Mediocre at Money

I don't know any others that I think work.

Angry Grimace

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Show Me The Receipts, God's Beard.

inthrall

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| ft. Raptors, Actors and Tutors
Magic: the Gathering |OT4| This is the Endrek
Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Where else can you get someone to touch your deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom