• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Draft last night was interesting. 4 of the 8 people in my pod ended up in Monocolor. Of course, as the one in mono red (with some forests for my 2 Kird Chieftains), I took the rest of them down pretty handily.

I agreed to be the 8th person in the draft last night. Then it was announced/agreed to be a chaos draft (only standard legal product was available). Drafted my cards and dropped. Shit format for chaos.

I built and played my rabble hate deck for last night. Only 1 showed up and I was paired with him round 1. He knew I was playing a hate deck for him and played around it but I still ended up not letting him keep a creature on untap except once. It was pretty effective. The only deck that took me down was a weird ass Gru devotion deck in the finals. He managed nut draws both games and on the last game I died with 2 land on board and 3 hero's downfall in my hand.

ngower

As an addendum to yesterday’s post going to my first (well, in over a decade) FNM, I wonder if I can get some deck help?

I lost my first match 2-1, second 2-1 and the third 2-0. Fourth round was a no-show and I was tired, so I dropped.

It was fun overall, but I noticed some pacing issues with my deck—which is basically a slightly modified version of the Infernal Intervention deck based on some cards I got in the deck builder’s toolkit.

First, there were too many lands. I dropped from 26 to 24 and subbed out some Mountains and Swamps for Evolving Wilds. I may drop down to 22, getting rid of another of each of the basic lands.

I also noticed a lack of creatures, so I dropped some more expensive spells I had like Blastfire Bolt and tossed in some early game stuff like Child of Night and Goblin Roughrider.

Caustic Tar and Cone of Flame were awesome and saved me quite a bit. They’re a bit expensive though mana-wise, but Cone of Flame cleared the board for me once and kept me in the game to eventually win that round.

I wonder if there are any cheap fixes I could make to this deck to make it more competitive—not in the sense of I want to win FNM, but just making it an easier deck to hang with some of the other decks currently out there?

I know there’s an expansion coming, so strategies are going to change…should I hold off on any fixes until then?

Additionally, are there any cheap decks to build out there right now? I don’t mind dropping a little money into the game, but I don’t want to spend $100 on a deck right now. Still just trying to have fun more than win tournaments.

Land
10x Mountain
10x Swamp
4x Evolving Wilds

Red
4x Lightning Strike
3x Heat Ray
2x Thundering Giant
2x Minotaur Skullcleaver
2x Goblin Roughrider
1x Deathbellow Raider
1x Cone of Flame
1x Magma Jet
1x Sering Blood
1x Burning Anger
1x Inferno Fist

Black
4x Typhoid Rats
3x Crippling Blight
2x Flesh to Dust
2x Child of Night
2x Nightfire Giant
1x Indulgent Tormenter
1x Hero’s Downfall
1x Mind Rot
1x Caustic Tar

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129839429]I finally got to pull off my combo in EDH yesterday, it felt good:

knPAagb.jpg
G01RZ4n.jpg

It was nice to have something fun happen after the worst FNM ever. I swear, the gods of the coast have decreed that I not be able to defeat mono-blue in the finals of a tournament. Double verdict in my hand at the end of game one and never draw a fourth land despite keeping a 3-land hand. Game two I lose the game with 4 counters in my hand and 7 lands on the field and only one blue source. I didn't even know that was possible with 18 blue sources in my deck.

It's variance and I accept that as a part of magic, but man. I'm not saying I would have won because I have no idea, but losing like that is sad times.[/QUOTE]

Its your fault for playing control

Land
10x Mountain
10x Swamp
4x Evolving Wilds

Red
4x Lightning Strike
3x Heat Ray
2x Thundering Giant
2x Minotaur Skullcleaver
2x Goblin Roughrider
1x Deathbellow Raider
1x Cone of Flame
1x Magma Jet
1x Sering Blood
1x Burning Anger
1x Inferno Fist

Black
4x Typhoid Rats
3x Crippling Blight
2x Flesh to Dust
2x Child of Night
2x Nightfire Giant
1x Indulgent Tormenter
1x Hero’s Downfall
1x Mind Rot
1x Caustic Tar

First of all, in a two color deck, Evolving Wilds isn't really a good card to include. As a cheap option, I'd instead recommend to replace them with Rakdos Guildgate for little time left before rotation, or Bloodfell Caves if you wait a bit. With Evolving Wilds, the land you fetch enters the battlefield tapped, but you only get to tap for one color afterward since you have to get a basic land. These other lands enter the battlefield tapped but can tap for both colors you are using, so in this deck, they are better. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to you as to what feels best.

ngower

First of all, in a two color deck, Evolving Wilds isn't really a good card to include. As a cheap option, I'd instead recommend to replace them with Rakdos Guildgate for little time left before rotation, or Bloodfell Caves if you wait a bit. With Evolving Wilds, the land you fetch enters the battlefield tapped, but you only get to tap for one color afterward since you have to get a basic land. These other lands enter the battlefield tapped but can tap for both colors you are using, so in this deck, they are better. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to you as to what feels best.

Yeah, I just had four of them. They weren't exactly life-changing, just could help me if I needed a certain color in the early goings.

I'll look into the Bloodfell Caves card, though. Looks pretty useful.

alternade

So I just preordered savage knuckleblade, the RUG mana dork, temur ascendency and charm, icy blast, mindswipe, and craters claw. Trying to go against my natural inclination to go the jeskai control route. I'll pick up sarkhan and the legandaries in a week or so and the fetches once they hit $11-$12. Between the scry, tri and pain lands I think I'll be OK for a while.

Gotta say just buying singles and not playing the game of chance with boxes feels good.

The Adder

Banned
One of my favorite matches ever happened last night.

Long story short:

I wad playing my B/W Enchantments. He was playing W/G Archangle of Thune. We didn't get past game one, went to turns. Turn 4 we decided he'd ultimate Garruk and swing in with everything he had in his stupidly large assembly of creatures with counters on them that now all had +5 and trample. If he'd either kill me or we'd draw. I had 64 life, he had 156. All my creatures (Erebos, Heliod, and 4 Heliod tokens) had lifelink and were buffed in various ways.

He swung in for 135, I absorbed (through blocking or lifelink) 58 of it.

I lost, but that shit was spectacular.

Its your fault for playing control

It's fine, I'll be as midrange as everyone else at the end of the month. I did get to ultimate jace and play nissa and elspeth together in an earlier round, so that was my preview for Khans Standard.

So I just preordered savage knuckleblade, the RUG mana dork, temur ascendency and charm, icy blast, mindswipe, and craters claw. Trying to go against my natural inclination to go the jeskai control route. I'll pick up sarkhan and the legandaries in a week or so and the fetches once they hit $11-$12. Between the scry, tri and pain lands I think I'll be OK for a while.

Gotta say just buying singles and not playing the game of chance with boxes feels good.

Myself and everyone else have been freaking out over how good Abzan is, but honestly I think once the dust settles Temur is gonna be the new king of Standard. Knuckleblade, Temur Charm, Stormbreath Dragon, super cheap counterspells are all set up to destroy everyone.

alternade

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129868058]

Myself and everyone else have been freaking out over how good Abzan is, but honestly I think once the dust settles Temur is gonna be the new king of Standard. Knuckleblade, Temur Charm, Stormbreath Dragon, super cheap counterspells are all set up to destroy everyone.[/QUOTE]

My thinking too. The shell is just too good. Abzan hasnt wowed me yet and i would not touch mardu with a pole. Although I know at some point I'll force UWx control :(

f0rk

I've been running some sealed deck simulators...

...Is it just me, or is every sealed pool just really awkward?

It's hard to know if I'm picking the right colours when I'm naturally drawn to the 3 colour rare.
Graveyard hate seems quite important, there are great delve cards in pretty much every supported colour combination except R/W.

What simulator are you using? The first one I found isn't easy to make your deck or sort what you have.

Lucario

I've been running some sealed deck simulators...

...Is it just me, or is every sealed pool just really awkward?

Sealed simulators tend to just randomly distribute cards instead of following the common/uncommon print run. This almost always results in awkward pools.

I'm guessing things will make more sense at the prerelease. The seeded pack will definitely help.

kirblar

Kirblar, please be nice and post your pre-order list so I have a guide, lol

I have 70 dollars of Amazon credit from CC rewards I'm blowing on Pre-orders.
Go back a page or two, lol. It has the gist of it.

Amazon has the cheapest fetch preorders though- can't go wrong there.

Won a GPT today. Yay two byes for NJ.

Firemind

Noice. What deck did you play?

With everyone talking about shards, I believe mono red has a half-decent shot at taking down decks that are going to fumble about their mana bases and such post rotation.

4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Firedrinker Satyr
3 Frenzied Goblin
4 War-Name Aspirant
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
3 Rattleclaw Mystic
4 Goblin Rabblemaster

4 Lightning Strike
4 Stoke The Flames
3 Howl of the Horde
3 Titan's Strength

14 Mountain
1 Forest
4 Wooded Foothills
1 Mana Confluence

Sideboard:
2 Destructive Revelry
4 Searing Blood
4 Satyr Firedancer
2 Hall of Triumph
1 Harness By Force
1 Chandra, Pyromaster
1 Sarkhan, The Dragonspeaker

Firemind

RIP

Archangel, Ball Lightning, Elder Land Wurm, Hymn to Tourach, Illusions of Grandeur, Ivory Gargoyle, Nettling Imp, Pyromancy, Tundra Wolves, Vesuvian Doppleganger, motherfucking Wrath of God. Legend.

red13th

At least Therese Nielsen still gets one or two cards per set, shame they scrapped Rebecca Guay. I loved (most of) her art. I miss different styles, artwork is amazing now in general but a bit less special.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Turn 1: Land + Elvish Mystic
Turn 2: Land + Face Down Rattle Claw Mystic
Turn 3: Land + Face up Rattleclaw into Scuttling Doom Engine.

After a few rounds of attacks, play your favorite choice of destroy artifact and blow up your own scuttling doom engine. Probably at the end of turn 5 after you get 2 swings in. That seems painful.

What decks are everyone looking out for? Here's the four general archetypes I'm expecting to be strong:

• Abzan Superfriends: the defining midrange deck, plays a bunch of ramp, indiscriminate removal and the two best planeswalkers in the format, nissa and elspeth backed by genesis hydra to spin through the deck. Spends the early turns setting up, but has a brutal engine in the mid-game

• Temur Aggro: super oppressive but resilient and flexible, the Temur decks are based around knuckleblade, stormbreath dragon, temur charm and counters. Probably somewhere between GR monsters and Mono-U in terms of playstyle. Very good at killing the courser/planeswalker decks.

• Mono-Black Aggro: the premier mono-colored deck, 12 one drops and the best removal package in the format. Surprisingly annoying creatures come out of the gates to punish the 3-color decks stumbling on experimental mana bases.

• GB/Sultai Dredge: A synergy-based deck that wants to abuse the absolute strongest cards in the format, Swords to Plowshares and Ancestral Recall. Taking advantage of the weakened removal suite in standard to generate their engine, the Sultai finish their opponent with cards like nemesis of mortals, nighthowler, Pharika and Necropolis Fiend.

Honorable mentions: I don't know if the cards are there for a full deck, but anything that can run Ride Down and Chained to the Rocks has a huge advantage. Same goes for Jeskai and their crazy cards here and there.

Zocano

Yah I'll be running a BUG graveyard deck for a while. Too much fun and hopefully will run into decking myself a few times since it'll be funny.

Probably mess around with some BUG superfriends just cause I love Ashiok.

The most challenging thing will be preparing post sideboard to deal with, what presumably will be, a long of graveyard hate. There's already a good amount of it that will probably be mainboard (Anafenza).

Swan's Song and Searing Blood are cute together. Compliments the slower Mindswipe too. Shame Swan's Song can't counter planeswalkers and most creatures, though countering Courser for one mana seems sweet. I'll probably put Rabblemaster in there somewhere.

Doesn't it counter course because enchantment?

I've been blowing it up on cockatrice with this deck.

Oh my bad haha. I was playing a Mardi warrior deck with it last night. Guy swings at me with a buffed zurgo for 8 and I deflect it back to him and kill him. Was great.

I'll keep testing it throughout the week.

lol Sorin and Setessan Tactics is busted

• declare blockers
  • setessan tactics on courser and siege rhino
  • fight two duders, gain 10 life
  • damage step, gain 10 life

duxstar

I feel like we are being pigeon holed with the 5 colors

its like we each have a choice to make of 5 of the colors; or mono color. I'm starting to wonder if the mana base is there to support different color combinations; something that no one has thought of yet; like a new version of naya, or bant or esper.

The problem is most of the strongest cards are in colors that don't really fit. For example in any G/R monsters deck would probably love the Sarruk, but has to worry about that last mana cost.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Melissa deTora's Abzan deck is something similar to what I was going to run, but I was thinking of running Ajanis in there (and less Elspeths since Ajani MOH can dig for whatever) and trying to get some value out of the counter-sliver duders.

2 Anafenza, the Foremost
3 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Fleecemane Lion
4 Siege Rhino
4 Sylvan Caryatid

4 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor

2 Banishing Light
4 Thoughtseize
3 Utter End

4 Forest
2 Llanowar Wastes
1 Plains
4 Temple of Malady
4 Temple of Plenty
4 Temple of Silence
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Windswept Heath

Despite Kirblar's burning hatred for Sorin, I keep seeing him in a bunch of people's builds.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129974018]50% of your lands entering the battlefield tapped doesn't really seem worth it.[/QUOTE]

That's just her list. I would run Confluences and a full set of Wastes and lower the temple count myself. Especially with Rhinos and Sorins. The other issue is that Anafenza kind of is a nonbo with Brimaz since he has Vigilance and thus never taps.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with that list the more I look at it. 4 Elspeths and no Elvish Mystics. A bunch of super efficient creatures but also courser caryatid. Courser Caryatid but no Nissa. It's just weird.

If you want an aggressive Abzan plan, at least stay on course.

4x Bloodsoaked Champion
2x Sunblade Elf
4x Soldier of the Pantheon
4x Fleecemane Lion
4x Pain Seer
3x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
3x Anafenza the Foremost
4x High Sentinels of Arashin

2x Sorin, Solemn Visitor

3x Hero's Downfall
4x Thoughtseize
2x God's Willing

3x Mana Confluence
2x Llanowar Wastes
4x Caves of Koilos
3x Sandsteppe Citadel
4x Windswept Heath
1x Forest
4x Plains
2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129977843]Yeah, I don't know what's going on with that list the more I look at it. 4 Elspeths and no Elvish Mystics. A bunch of super efficient creatures but also courser caryatid. Courser Caryatid but no Nissa. It's just weird.

If you want an aggressive Abzan plan, at least stay on course.

4x Bloodsoaked Champion
2x Sunblade Elf
4x Soldier of the Pantheon
4x Fleecemane Lion
4x Pain Seer
3x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
3x Anafenza the Foremost
4x High Sentinels of Arashin

2x Sorin, Solemn Visitor

3x Hero's Downfall
4x Thoughtseize
2x God's Willing

3x Mana Confluence
2x Llanowar Wastes
4x Caves of Koilos
3x Sandsteppe Citadel
4x Windswept Heath
1x Forest
4x Plains
2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth[/QUOTE]

Its not supposed to be an aggro deck, I think, she's saying its midrange.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129978641]aka "throw stuff at the wall"[/QUOTE]

I'm going to give her at least some of the benefit of the doubt given that she plays Magic professionally. I'm not sure how I feel about Utter End in this type of deck, it hits everything but so does Banishing Light.

I kind of like the midrangey Abzan deck as more of a superfriends deck trying to get to Elspeth and huge High Sentinels. I'm not sure if the Falconer that gives your counter duders flying is good enough to run, but it sort of sounds good.

Angry Grimace

I had two Goblin Rabblemasters sitting out and my cat just ate them both.

Angry Grimace

Second pass at an Abzan Midrange:

Deck: Abzan Rhino Midrange
w.gif
b.gif
g.gif

//Lands
2 Caves of Koilos
2 Forest
3 Llanowar Wastes
4 Mana Confluence
2 Plains
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Temple of Plenty
4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
3 Abzan Charm
2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2 Hero's Downfall
4 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
3 Anafenza the Foremost
3 Courser of Kruphix
4 Fleecemane Lion
2 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Siege Rhino
4 Sylvan Caryatid
2 Wingmate Roc

//Sideboard
2 Hero's Downfall
2 Utter End
3 Nyx-Fleece Ram
1 Garruk, Apex Predator
2 Drown in Sorrow
2 Erase
3 Mistcutter Hydra

I think the Wingmate Roc is a lot better than its 4 dollar pricetag is suggesting. Its 6 airpower for the cost of a Stormbreath Dragon plus lifegain to offset the painlands and Confluences. Not sure about Sorin or potentially, M15 Ajani. They both could work, but I think if I were doing that, I'd run them together to increase chances of ulting out Sorin on the second turn. Probably want some Sheep in the board and more Hero's Downfall since Stormbreath Dragon would fucking wreck this deck. I considered some split of Anafenza and Brimaz, but I decided to just stick with Anafenza because careful consideration led me to believe Anafenza is a 5 dollar card and Brimaz is a 20 dollar card. I hope you guys are ready for Rhino-mania, because that Rhino is going to be everywhere.

The other problem is whether Hero's Downfall is really something I should be running vs. Murderous Cut given its double black requirement.

ElyrionX

What apps do you guys use for cards lookup and prices? Currently, I am using MTG Familiar on my Android phone and the app is very good and it's free. I use Decked Builder on my iPad which I paid for and while it's been quite good as well, MTG Familiar just seems better as a reference source.

I am going back to the iPhone soon and Decked Builder is not a universal app and I'm not sure about ponying up again for the same app. Are there better alternatives on the iPhone?

inthrall

What apps do you guys use for cards lookup and prices? Currently, I am using MTG Familiar on my Android phone and the app is very good and it's free. I use Decked Builder on my iPad which I paid for and while it's been quite good as well, MTG Familiar just seems better as a reference source.

I am going back to the iPhone soon and Decked Builder is not a universal app and I'm not sure about ponying up again for the same app. Are there better alternatives on the iPhone?

Our locals all use mtgprice.com, not sure where it gets its numbers from though.

Zocano

Shoulda got Mana Confluences earlier. Now it's $15

Oh well. I can make do without.

edit: I'll make a BUG graveyard/superfriends/etc. deck but I might buckle and make a silly Junk deck, too, even though I don't like and don't have most standard necessary white cards (primarily Elspeth and Fleecemane).

Second pass at an Abzan Midrange:

Deck: Abzan Rhino Midrange
w.gif
b.gif
g.gif

//Lands
2 Caves of Koilos
2 Forest
3 Llanowar Wastes
4 Mana Confluence
2 Plains
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Temple of Plenty
4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
3 Abzan Charm
2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2 Hero's Downfall
4 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
3 Anafenza the Foremost
3 Courser of Kruphix
4 Fleecemane Lion
2 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Siege Rhino
4 Sylvan Caryatid
2 Wingmate Roc

//Sideboard
2 Hero's Downfall
2 Utter End
3 Nyx-Fleece Ram
1 Garruk, Apex Predator
2 Drown in Sorrow
2 Erase
3 Mistcutter Hydra

I think the Wingmate Roc is a lot better than its 4 dollar pricetag is suggesting. Its 6 airpower for the cost of a Stormbreath Dragon plus lifegain to offset the painlands and Confluences. Not sure about Sorin or potentially, M15 Ajani. They both could work, but I think if I were doing that, I'd run them together to increase chances of ulting out Sorin on the second turn. Probably want some Sheep in the board and more Hero's Downfall since Stormbreath Dragon would fucking wreck this deck. I considered some split of Anafenza and Brimaz, but I decided to just stick with Anafenza because careful consideration led me to believe Anafenza is a 5 dollar card and Brimaz is a 20 dollar card. I hope you guys are ready for Rhino-mania, because that Rhino is going to be everywhere.

The other problem is whether Hero's Downfall is really something I should be running vs. Murderous Cut given its double black requirement.

4 Mana Confluenece is way way too many in a midrange deck. Having 4 Mana Confluence and 7 tapped lands is also a bit of a problem, as well as only having 4 basics to 4 fetchlands. Try to cut half the confluences and at least two tapped lands and add one more basic. You definitely want less than a quarter of your lands to enter the battlefield tapped if you want to be able to play thoughtseize into a two drop reliably.

Also, you have 11 3-drops, so you might want to consider shaving two to complete the playset of Wingmate Roc. The card is definitely insane.

If you're playing black, there's very little reason to not run one copy of murderous cut. But it's a card with massive diminishing returns. I use a playset of Banishing Light instead of Hero's Downfall, but I have more ramp than you and Genesis Hydra to cascade into it.

For comparison, here's my most updated version of the deck:

Creatures(18):
  • 4x Elvish Mystic
  • 4x Sylvan Caryatid
  • 4x Courser of Kruphix
  • 4x Siege Rhino
  • 2x Genesis Hydra

Planeswalkers(8):
  • 1x Sorin, Solemn Visitor
  • 2x Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
  • 2x Nissa Worldwaker
  • 3x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Spells(8):
  • 4x Thoughtseize
  • 4x Banishing Light
  • 2x Abzan Charm

Land(24):
  • 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
  • 4x Windswept Heath
  • 2x Mana Confluence
  • 4x Llanowar Wastes
  • 3x Caves of Koilos
  • 3x Temple of Plenty
  • 2x Temple of Silence
  • 4x Forest
  • 1x Plains

Sideboard(15):
  • 4x Mistcutter Hydra - For the Jeskai control and Temur aggro decks
  • 4x Fleecemane Lion - For any aggro, replacing Nyx-Fleece Ram
  • 2x Drown in Sorrow - For red and black aggro
  • 2x Arbor Colossus - For Stormbreath Dragon decks and mono-black aggro
  • 2x Setessan Tactics - for opposing midrange decks and aggro
  • 1x Stain the Mind - mirror-breaker for opposing midrange decks and anti-tech

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";130064036]4 Mana Confluenece is way way too many in a midrange deck. Having 4 Mana Confluence and 7 tapped lands is also a bit of a problem, as well as only having 4 basics to 4 fetchlands. Try to cut half the confluences and at least two tapped lands and add one more basic. You definitely want less than a quarter of your lands to enter the battlefield tapped if you want to be able to play thoughtseize into a two drop reliably.

Also, you have 11 3-drops, so you might want to consider shaving two to complete the playset of Wingmate Roc. The card is definitely insane.

If you're playing black, there's very little reason to not run one copy of murderous cut. But it's a card with massive diminishing returns. I use a playset of Banishing Light instead of Hero's Downfall, but I have more ramp than you and Genesis Hydra to cascade into it.

For comparison, here's my most updated version of the deck:

Creatures(18):
  • 4x Elvish Mystic
  • 4x Sylvan Caryatid
  • 4x Courser of Kruphix
  • 4x Siege Rhino
  • 2x Genesis Hydra

Planeswalkers(8):
  • 1x Sorin, Solemn Visitor
  • 2x Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
  • 2x Nissa Worldwaker
  • 3x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Spells(8):
  • 4x Thoughtseize
  • 4x Banishing Light
  • 2x Abzan Charm

Land(24):
  • 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
  • 4x Windswept Heath
  • 2x Mana Confluence
  • 4x Llanowar Wastes
  • 3x Caves of Koilos
  • 3x Temple of Plenty
  • 2x Temple of Silence
  • 4x Forest
  • 1x Plains

Sideboard(15):
  • 4x Mistcutter Hydra - For the Jeskai control and Temur aggro decks
  • 4x Fleecemane Lion - For any aggro, replacing Nyx-Fleece Ram
  • 2x Drown in Sorrow - For red and black aggro
  • 2x Arbor Colossus - For Stormbreath Dragon decks and mono-black aggro
  • 2x Setessan Tactics - for opposing midrange decks and aggro
  • 1x Stain the Mind - mirror-breaker for opposing midrange decks and anti-tech
[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the Confluences, but I don't think the format is going to be fast enough that I'm terribly concerned about the amount of taplands. Can probably drop a tri-land or two, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom