• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
"God's Beard" better not watch the video of the SDCC panel or he'll see some kid get a Liliana signed by Karla Ortiz and die of jealousy.

I'm not sure it makes much sense to do a new thread, necessarily, but we can try an experiment and bounce it back for a week at the BFZ launch if you guys remind me.
Two things
* I feel like it would make more sense to have the topic in OT during the spoiler weeks, since that's where all the news is.
* Since part of the goal is to bring in new people, the OP would have to be overhauled both to better introduce the game and direct people to the point where discussion of the new block starts. Not sure if I want to put this burden on The Technomancer.

Otherwise, I'm fine with that deal.

So here's a sentence I didn't think I'd read: "Abzan Ascendancy + Evolutionary Leap is just retarded. I have a feeling by posting this list I might be leaking a few pro teams secret tech"

I had this "tech" in my troll Abzan Elves deck.

"God's Beard" better not watch the video of the SDCC panel or he'll see some kid get a Liliana signed by Karla Ortiz and die of jealousy.

^_^

Bandini

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172135376]So here's a sentence I didn't think I'd read: "Abzan Ascendancy + Evolutionary Leap is just retarded. I have a feeling by posting this list I might be leaking a few pro teams secret tech"

^_^[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty good, but you're gonna have to run a ton of 1-2 drops... which I guess is ok

Two things
* I feel like it would make more sense to have the topic in OT during the spoiler weeks, since that's where all the news is.
* Since part of the goal is to bring in new people, the OP would have to be overhauled both to better introduce the game and direct people to the point where discussion of the new block starts. Not sure if I want to put this burden on The Technomancer.

Otherwise, I'm fine with that deal.

We could break off from |OT4| early if someone wants to do the heavy lifting to put that kind of OP together.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172135376]So here's a sentence I didn't think I'd read: "Abzan Ascendancy + Evolutionary Leap is just retarded. I have a feeling by posting this list I might be leaking a few pro teams secret tech"

^_^[/QUOTE]

You know, I seem to remember that she allows for fans to mail her cards for signature. It may have been some time ago. Maybe just email her and see?

FeD.nL

Went to get two intro packs for my GF and me since we're away for the weekend and got a Chandra and Archangel out of 2 boosters from the same intro pack. Pretty happy when we pulled those.

I have to say that we've been having a ton of fun playing the decks against each other (bought the Thopter and the Elf one).

Gurrry

My first ever booster box is being shipped to me and should be here Saturday! As lame as this sounds, even back in my pokemon days, I used to want to buy an entire booster box. So this has been a "dream" of mine for awhile.

I cant wait to crack these origins packs!

MTGO streamer event last night. Holiday Cube. Scotty Mac drafts a Storm deck with Brain Freeze as the only win condition. He plays against Kenji, who figures this out due to winning game one with Sword of Body and Mind, and in game three decides to board in 1200 lands. :lol

https://youtu.be/8i-x-raHlPU

duxstar

First FNM after the new set comes out, always feels like no one knows what they are doing and just throw 1 or 2 random cards they opened at pre release into the decks they played last week.

If I had my choice I would just draft the first 2 or 3 Fridays the new set comes out. I hate buying cards during this time because I draft alot and will probably end up with 1 or 2 copies of any rare/mythic the set has to offer.

WanderingWind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172172894]That was funny but goddamn do I dislike camwhore game streaming.[/QUOTE]

...what do you think "camwhore" means? lol.

WanderingWind

Still not what a camwhore means though. Can't call an actor a prostitute because they get paid to pretend to have sex, guys.

WanderingWind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172176194]More importantly than the phrases I use to express my distaste for a person, why aren't we playing on Cockatrice right now?[/QUOTE]

Cause I'm at work and won't be home for an hour and half. I wish I was a camwhore, tbh.

Cause I'm at work and won't be home for an hour and half. I wish I was a camwhore, tbh.

tumblr_inline_nrf8kpnqxrth.gif

Gurrry

What are the chances of the origins deckbuilders tool kit being on walmart shelves today? I wanna pick one up On my way home

Matriox

What are the chances of the origins deckbuilders tool kit being on walmart shelves today? I wanna pick one up On my way home

From my experience with Walmart in rural Ohio, they have them at release at midnight, so unless they're sold out or my particular Walmarts are superstars at getting product, you should be good to go.

Yeef

Well I let them know, along with a few choice comments about the planeswalkers.

I mean, is anyone ever going to activate Jace's ultimate ever?
Casuals love mill. It's bound to happen.

Took me awhile to narrow down my favorite card from the set, but I finally settled on Scab-Clan Berserker.

160.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172178615]You'd be surprised. Jace is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he's good, but no-one's ever going to get him to his ultimate and even if he does he's never going to win the game with it.

Firemind

That's what I'm saying all along. A two-mana planeswalker that can gain actual value. With Delve in the format. You only need to compare pre-spark Jace with Tibalt's +1. The difference is night and day.

The Technomancer

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172179833]You'd be surprised. Jace is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

...I'll believe his ultimate is good when I see it. The other two abilities are good

The Technomancer

are there any ultimates that are actually cool and practical? it might as well be flavour text.

Elspeth and Ugin as mentioned. Original Garruk. Kiora's was a bitch to get off but at least it actually meaningfully basically won you the game. New Sorin also.

They're not all awful.

Firemind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172185680]Elspeth and Jace, Architect of Thought's both hit a lot. Also Jace the Mind Sculptor.[/QUOTE]
JAOT was only made possible because of Planar Cleansing Sphinx's Revelation durdle draw go. JTMS was practically impossible when bloodbraid, pulse and blightning were legal. I've only seen it happen once. In the next block, yeah, I suppose. Didn't hurt that Gideon was a great partner.

I don't find Elspeth's and White Sorin's ultimate to be that rad. Kiora's, never seen it happen. Garruk is great. That I agree with. Still the OG GOAT green pw.

Yay, more Jace, what everyone wanted

magistermystax asked: Does the move towards a main cast mean we'll have the Origins planeswalkers in every block?

It does. Not forever, but for the time being. These are the main characters who we are going to be following. That doesn’t mean we won’t see other planeswalkers (because we will) but these five will be the focus.

We did mention at the panel that all of the Origins 5 save Liliana (who we’ll see soon) is in the Battle for Zendikar block story.
To be fair, this isn't too different from how it was, and it makes sense now that they can't reprint the same characters in core sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom