• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Did not realize until a tweet last night that Worlds (the real one, not the fake one) was starting today. Boy, they've got 0 awareness on this - all the focus is on the other PAX stuff.

Jhriad

Did not realize until a tweet last night that Worlds (the real one, not the fake one) was starting today. Boy, they've got 0 awareness on this - all the focus is on the other PAX stuff.

Yeah, didn't realize it started today until I got linked to the PAX schedule via a Reddit post about BFZ.

*Shrug* I've been looking forward to it all week! It's been a great week of Magic coverage; I caught up on Eternal Weekend (Vintage was great!) and now it's time to watch lucky Shahar go for a three-peat!

bigkrev

Wait, I thought it was starting tomorrow. Why are they starting on a Thursday?!?

I like it a lot more now that it has Jace. I've been playing a version with Hangarbacks and Ascendancy, which helps bring Jace online a turn or two earlier and ramps up your Hangarback growth (and then makes your tokens fairly dangerous). Flashing back your burn with Jace puts it over the top quite often.

BTW, PAX schedule.

Note that the cards tab at the top says "Coming 8/27", so we may get preview cards today too.

And new Friday Night Magic promo
c4rd_09b1vGHdZs.png

hort

Neo Member
I can't stand listening to this Jackie Lee lady, something about her voice and the way she talks, I dunno, I can't explain it.

I missed the draft. What happened?

Shahar Shenhar stubbornly refused to draft affinity cards and ended up with a mediocre pile.

Mike Sigrist was to his left and happily drafted the affinity deck that Shahar passed him. Sigrist also drafted an Emrakul and foil Ulamog for value with approximately 3 and 7 cards left in the pack respectively.

Yuuya gets paired against affinity.

Wins game without taking damage.

Not bad.

I loved his attack into the Glint Hawk Idol. Maybe I have something. Maybe I don't. I dare you to block. I double dare you. You know you're just supposed to take the damage. I know you're just supposed to take the damage. So it's a free attack. I'd attack if I had nothing. So I probably have nothing. So just block. Oops, I had a Sunlance. Your turn.

bigkrev

I loved his attack into the Glint Hawk Idol. Maybe I have something. Maybe I don't. I dare you to block. I double dare you. You know you're just supposed to take the damage. I know you're just supposed to take the damage. So it's a free attack. I'd attack if I had nothing. So I probably have nothing. So just block. Oops, I had a Sunlance. Your turn.

Yeah, that was pretty sick. It's a play that only works on brand new players and the highest level players- nothing in between

Toxi

Banned
The moment someone plays Heartbeat of Spring in EDH, I am gunning for them.
milling usually takes way longer and doesn't involve any kind of interaction tho
Generally you have to interact because milling takes way longer. Otherwise you get stomped by aggro.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah - Twitch died, then Youtube died, then Twitch finally came back.

EDIT: Elesh Norn is a totally fair Magic card.

Twitch never died, it was probably on your end, I was watching for the last hour without any hiccups.

EDIT: Ulamog is also a fair card. Especially with Apostle's Blessing backup.

Twitch never died, it was probably on your end, I was watching for the last hour without any hiccups.

*shrug* Piles of people in chat were saying that Twitch had died, and the YouTube chat was full of people talking about it too. So sure, it was just on my end.

Twitch is full of very strange behavior today. Lots of people in chat keep complaining that the sound is bad too, despite it being perfect for me (whenever the stream was up).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
*shrug* Piles of people in chat were saying that Twitch had died, and the YouTube chat was full of people talking about it too. So sure, it was just on my end.

Twitch is full of very strange behavior today. Lots of people in chat keep complaining that the sound is bad too, despite it being perfect for me (whenever the stream was up).
Maybe it was just a regional issue? It seems fine to me in all respects and I have a pretty crummy connection at the office.

Angry Grimace

lol PV wrote an entire article that Grixis Twin sucks more than UR Twin and he's on Grixis.

Angry Grimace

Spoiler after this round!

(lol if its a full art land)

Wow, you'd think video ads would have better sound than the commentary, not worse.

Also, they really need to make it easier to tell what cards are in hand and what each player is doing.

EDIT: And display which game they're on! Is this game three for those guys? It isn't complicated!

bigkrev

Wow, you'd think video ads would have better sound than the commentary, not worse.

Also, they really need to make it easier to tell what cards are in hand and what each player is doing.

EDIT: And display which game they're on! Is this game three for those guys? It isn't complicated!

It displays the match score between the players hand/card spotlight area and the Magic World Champs logo (Currently reads "Watanabe leads 1-0")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom