• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

gFV9TzB.png

Well, here is your mana dork at 1 CMC

0zW2Nyi.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
None of these cards are good.

Hierarch is especially bad

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All of the spoiled cards are simultaneously bad limited and constructed. This has to be a record.

bigkrev

If you can cast Dark Petition with a active Pyromancer Ascension on the battlefield, you can end up with 5 cards of your choice, and 9 Black in your pool. I'll be curious if anyone can build this for modern or Legacy.

bigkrev

Opalescence then Humility = Your enchantments are 1/1s

Humility then Opalescence = Your enchantments are cmc/cmc s

Why? Layers and timestamps.

Now lets say I cast Replenish, and have both cards enter play simultaneously.

Now lets say I cast Replenish and have 2 Opalescence and 1 Humility Enter play, or 2 Humility and 1 Opalescence.

Angry Grimace

There's Languish, the PWs, and! ... and! ... and!.... yeah I got nothing.

There's apparently a 10-part land cycle or two 5-parters.

Can't see your quote Krev.

I mean today's. Kytheon and Liliana are good, Languish is good (but shitty for MTG) and everything else is garbage.

The drawback is pretty big.

I could see this being an asshole card in a Modern Affinity deck, though. Vomit your hand, Timetwister, vomit a second hand onto the Battlefield T2. Probably not though. Waiting a turn to do anything is pretty dumb.

My Nekusar deck really didn't need another draw 7, but I'll take it. It's also a cute way to duck an end of turn trigger, though I don't have one in mind at the moment.

Crocodile

Tainted Remedy and Flameshadow Conjuring are actively good for casual constructed and Starfield of Nyx should be good in my Enchantment Cube so today could've been much worse *shrug*

re: Day's Undoing

Shuts down Spell Mastery and Delve, while restocking your hand, plus the decks running this will probably pass the turn to counter stuff anyway. This is gonna see play.

EDIT: And we can skip the Dragon's eot discard your hand trigger! /jank

ultron87

Now lets say I cast Replenish, and have both cards enter play simultaneously.

Now lets say I cast Replenish and have 2 Opalescence and 1 Humility Enter play, or 2 Humility and 1 Opalescence.

If they enter play all at the same time you pick the timestamp order so there's a bunch of possibilities. :p

Written before checking Gatherer:

Opalescence -> Humility -> Opalescence gets you all cmc/cmcs again, I think.

Humility -> Opalesence -> Humility gets you 1/1s. Whenever Humility is last everything is a 1/1.

I think it is always just whatever the last one to come into play that takes the p/t precedence, because they all start to apply before anything loses its abilities.

*checks gatherer* Okay, so for O -> H -> O it says the first Opalescence and Humility are 4/4s but the second Opalescence is a 1/1 but I'm not actually sure why. Because I thought it should in the P/T setting layer get set to CMC, then to a 1/1, then back to the CMC.

Angry Grimace

Tainted Remedy and Flameshadow Conjuring are actively good for casual constructed and Starfield of Nyx should be good in my Enchantment Cube so today could've been much worse *shrug*

I mean, I guess if "casual constructed" is a format you care about, every card is probably good.

I guess Day's Undoing is good in Modern Faeries (every spell in the deck other than Bitterblossom and Thoughtseize is a Flash card or an instant)

OnPoint

Day's Undoing is a terrible name. But the card is at least interesting.

As for Commander, here are my current decks:

• Grixis Marchesa
  • UG Kruphix
  • WB Ghost Dad 2.0
  • Mono B Balthor
  • Naya Uril
  • UR Niv Mizzet
  • 5-Color Group Hug (Karona)
  • Grixis Precon
  • Bant Precon
  • All 5 of the newest mono-colored precons

bigkrev

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169509356]I'm talking to Ivan Jen right now about how he feels about the card in ascendancy combo.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a nonbo? With Jeskai Ascendency, you get your loot and your untap, but then your turn just ends. And it's sadly worse for Pyromancer's- the resolution of one copy of the spell will exile all the other copies :(

Angry Grimace

This set looks pretty bad so far. Seems like since they had less development time they made everything vaguely bad as insurance against under-testing stuff, e.g. a mechanic like Renown can't really be broken ever because by nature its only going to be good in limited.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
http://www.starcitygames.com/article/31073_Magic-Origins-Preview-Card-Dayrsquos-Undoing.html

(quote isn't working, and the image is gigantic)

Day's Undoing 2U
Sorcery Mythic
Each Player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into their library, then draws seven cards. If it's your turn, end the turn

This card is perfect for blue Affinity decks. You want to throw out your hand asap and its always been weak to sweepers. Now, it's really not. How often are you going to cast a sorcery of this type without you being at the end of your turn anyway? It's also shuts down all the Delve cards, as a nice little side bonus.

Huh. This is a risky one, but I think I'm going to buy a set if they preorder for cheap.

Isn't it a nonbo? With Jeskai Ascendency, you get your loot and your untap, but then your turn just ends. And it's sadly worse for Pyromancer's- the resolution of one copy of the spell will exile all the other copies :(

To find the combo, not go off with it. Combo decks have a lot of dead draws by their nature.

kirblar

This card is perfect for blue Affinity decks. You want to throw out your hand asap and its always been weak to sweepers. Now, it's really not. How often are you going to cast a sorcery of this type without you being at the end of your turn anyway? It's also shuts down all the Delve cards, as a nice little side bonus.

Huh. This is a risky one, but I think I'm going to buy a set if they preorder for cheap.
It's bulk. And they give the good ones to Evan anyway.

Jhriad

So, outside of some okay EDH stuff and the planeswalkers this set has produced essentially nothing. Not even sure if I'm going to bother with the prerelease for this turd or if I'll just spend that money picking up the few singles I'll be interested in. Maybe the rest of the set is better.

y2dvd

Hierarch is terrible. You cast it t1, hopefully they don't cast a t1 creature so you can then attack with it. And then by t3, you can tap for Mana. That ain't the explosive ramp you are looking for. I'm guessing they will have a spell that gives renown, but it won't be worth playing for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom