• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good spoilers so far.

635711592986423686.png

Has a place in Standard Goblins?

G.ZZZ

That look good! The new mull rule i mean. Shouldn't favor too much combo and shit, but at least If u need a land you get a significantly increased chance to draw 1

bigkrev

That new mulligan rule is insane, and I really hope they at least test it in Modern (I'd prefer legacy) before they make it a permanent rule. Just seems like it makes a mull to 6 a freeroll, especially for decks like Infect and Hexproof

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That new mulligan rule is insane, and I really hope they at least test it in Modern (I'd prefer legacy) before they make it a permanent rule. Just seems like it makes a mull to 6 a freeroll, especially for decks like Infect and Hexproof

It's totally a free roll with Infect.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure what to think about the mulligan change but thank god they decided to make the game more Twitch friendly. The lands above creatures shit was always ridiculous.

Wish they emphasized people having to tap their cards at 90 degree angles. I can't stand it when the cards are tapped at something closer to a 45 degree angle to the point where its actually kind of hard to tell what is tapped and what isnt

ultron87

The Judge Video thing isn't going to change anything with stuff like the Chapin situation it is presumably stemming from.

Installment plan Seismic Assault seems like it could be nice:

en_GiNSBDZCEr.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Am I completely wrong in thinking that the Thopter thing might have fit into affinity as a way to refuel if it wasn't for Day's Undoing coming out in the exact same set?

ultron87

Am I completely wrong in thinking that the Thopter thing might have fit into affinity as a way to refuel if it wasn't for Day's Undoing coming out in the exact same set?

I think it is too expensive for that purpose. If multiple artifacts are hitting on Turn 4 the game should hopefully be over. Also the double blue mana cost is really rough to cast with the way the mana base is currently set up.

Edit: Oh, and you only ever get one card from it for an attack with any number. Unless an artifact has first strike.

An-Det

Super skeptical about the mulligan change in formats with combo, and the video investigation thing needs to be universal for any tournament with video coverage above a certain level (Scg and grand prix), but I love the mandated card placement.

I remember saying in this thread that you should be able to scry when you mulligan back during Theros block. Super, super pumped about this change! Can only do good things for Standard-level Constructed tournaments.

WanderingWind, up for some games?

OnPoint

I love the new mulligan rule.

Another thing Hallowed Moonlight affects that nobody has said yet (that I've seen):

The DFC Planeswalkers.

ultron87

I do wish they had extra super emphasized that the mulligan change is just for this Pro Tour right now. Totally gonna get people saying "but I saw it on the website that it is the new rule! It even says 'FNM' right in the article!" at stores.

Notably, if your opponent has Stony Silence the goggles do nothing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIrUgSoUAAAL0I5.jpg[/IG]

Kinda sad the spell has to be red for the doubling to occur, would have loved to see Sphinx's Rev with this card[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/imagen0ses.jpg

Thopter Spy Network is awesome.

The Judge Video thing isn't going to change anything with stuff like the Chapin situation it is presumably stemming from.

Installment plan Seismic Assault seems like it could be nice:

en_GiNSBDZCEr.png

Tap your lands for mana, bounce them all to your hand with Pearl Lake Ancient, cast Master the Way then discard your hand to Molten Vortex.

Also, Pyromancer's Goggles plus Mindswipe. We've got a Counter Burn brew cooking!

ultron87

U/R Thopters for Limited?

Kind of want to try it for Standard. Spy Network is pretty great if you have 4 Darksteel Citadels. Obviously need a bunch of removal to deal with early stuff, but if you keep getting Thopters to stall you'll eventually be able to Shrapnel Blast em out.

Jhriad

I love the new mulligan rule.

Another thing Hallowed Moonlight affects that nobody has said yet (that I've seen):

The DFC Planeswalkers.

I was about to post that the card looks like a direct response to Liliana. It doesn't affect them entering the battlefield from the flip though since it only affects creatures but it sure does hose her two minus abilities. Seems like it was put in because they were worried about her and CoCo being too powerful without a lot of regard for it's impact in Modern. Also with Hallowed Moonlight and Tainted Remedy I imagine Whip of Erebos is just plain dead in the water at this point.

You get to scry if you mulliganed.

HappyBigLebowski.gif

This rule will make its debut at Pro Tour Magic Origins, which takes place July 31–August 2. This is the only tournament during which this rule will be in effect for now. After the Pro Tour, we will have more information regarding when this rule will be implemented everywhere else.

:(

Whoa at that mulligan change. As a player of 20 years, I applaud it for now but reserve the right to hate it if someone builds a deck that abuses it beyond belief.

OnPoint

I was about to post that the card looks like a direct response to Liliana. It doesn't affect them entering the battlefield from the flip though since it only affects creatures but it sure does hose her two minus abilities. Seems like it was put in because they were worried about her and CoCo being too powerful without a lot of regard for it's impact in Modern. Also with Hallowed Moonlight and Tainted Remedy I imagine Whip of Erebos is just plain dead in the water at this point.

Yep, I didn't read the card fully enough a third time to realize I'm a dope.

Honestly kind of surprised it's not an enchantment.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I love the new Mulligan rule!

All those times you have a really good 1-land hand (particularly as a base green deck) and all you need to keep it is a land from on top, follow by elvish mystics into coursers, etc.

LUB IT.

OnPoint

Chandra mentions Jaya Ballard in flavour text, thanks WotC.

My thoughts are we'll see her in a Commander set.

My fantasy is she'll show up in standard and show us that during her absence she was learning a deeper meaning to red and she'll introduce these new additional red mechanics and/or ideals into the game. You know, since we all keep (rightly) complaining that red has an identity problem and WotC (Maro) has acknowledged it, what better character to bring back and inject some life into the narrow-minded color?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I can see Tainted Remedy giving Whip some trouble, but Hallowed Moonlight is the same as vs. Twin, ruins it for 1 whole turn. (Oh NoOoOo)

Kieli

Usually like $12.99 and $19.99 respectively but it might depend on the Duel Deck. Which are you looking at?

What the what @ bolded price.

There were a whole ton (some Core 2015, some Tarkhir, and some others I don't recognize) as well as one double-deck at my local grocery store. They were $20 CAD and $40 CAD, respectively.

:'( :'( :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom