• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

pats is just as shit as ginos. just go get a $3 from some food truck and save yourself money
Pat's is a pretty good steak, but have you been to John Roast Pork? Easily tops them all.

Supposedly Delessandro's is good as well. I've never been there.

dkeane

Holy shit. Here in the Boston area the local news stations are going wild with this. Wall to wall coverage. They won't fucking shut up about it.
It's an enormous storm that's shutting down the city for more than a day.
Is it surprising? They just spent over a week talking about a football missing 1.5 PSI.

Alucrid

Banned
Pat's is a pretty good steak, but have you been to John Roast Pork? Easily tops them all.

Supposedly Delessandro's is good as well. I've never been there.

never been to john roast pork, but i liked dinics in reading terminal when i worked in center city. delessandros was decent the one time i had it but it's way too out of the way for just a cheesesteak

oh, and fluffly, try out something like termini bros bakery and cacia's bakery. great pizza / strombolis / bread

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
So uh it seems this shit won't do jack shit to nyc and has "busted" wow if true, fuck this shit.. So much hype for nothing.

Pepiope

never been to john roast pork, but i liked dinics in reading terminal when i worked in center city. delessandros was decent the one time i had it but it's way too out of the way for just a cheesesteak

oh, and fluffly, try out something like termini bros bakery and cacia's bakery. great pizza / strombolis / bread
I ate at Dinics for the first time this past weekend, pretty good meatball. A lot of good food at the terminal.

It's already pretty shitty in Dorchester. I volunteer in Newton on Tuesdays. Is there really a driving ban?!

Edit: in before "dorchester is always shitty" I mean for snow 😒

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It better snow b/c we're all staying home to WFH tomorrow. If it just farts then a) no one will ever believe this shit again and b) I am gonna have to go in.

terrisus

So uh it seems this shit won't do jack shit to nyc and has "busted" wow if true, fuck this shit.. So much hype for nothing.

nothing.gif

esms

It better snow b/c we're all staying home to WFH tomorrow. If it just farts then a) no one will ever believe this shit again and b) I am gonna have to go in.

This happened for us in Philly during Sandy. Everybody was prepared for actual hurricane destruction in the city and gave us two days off and it turned out to be nothing. Employers were pissed.

MattyG

Banned
Class is cancelled for tomorrow already, and the professor who teaches my only Wednesday class said to not bother coming in if there's even a tiny bit of snow, because he'll "probably be sick anyway". Woot woot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Huh? There's a reason nothing in NYC is shutting down until 11 pm. The blizzard part isn't even supposed to START until after midnight. It's not even here yet.

Also, a lull around 8 or 9 pm has been on the Weather Channel's forecast all day long.

Loxley

This could be the gif of the morning tomorrow in Philly and NYC.

Yep. I'm in Philly and we've gotten practically nothing. Some flurries here and there but almost nothing is sticking around. So much for that "One inch of snow every hour until Tuesday" like our local news was reporting. We're supposedly getting snow tonight and into mid-day tomorrow, but I have a hunch it won't amount to much.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The storm isn't a "bust", it did not miss us. It's gonna start slamming us in a couple of hours and stay slamming until some point on Tuesday.

FTF

I'm not sure why so many think the storm is a bust, etc…the worst parts of the blizzard were supposed to be overnight till like early/mid afternoon tomorrow.

effzee

Just saw the Weather Channel say NYC is going to be more around 8-12 inches.

that's still a lot but not the near 30 inches we were expecting

Marylander here. First part of the strom missed us completely. I was saying lol bust all day today. Then 7 hit and it has been non stop since then. The roads are currently super slick. I am stuck at work trying to find a way home. Wish me luck.

John Roast Pork:
14 E Snyder Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19148
They usually close at 3 PM.

Pat's Steaks:
1237 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19147

Why would anyone who lives in or around Philly go to Pats for a cheesesteak? Jim's, Steve's, Tony Luke's, Jimmy G's, D'alessandro's, Campo's... they are all better than Pat's.

You are super right about John's Roast Pork though, it's just impossible to get there when they are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom