• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out to get some thai food and filled up my gas can just incase (I do my driveway and the elderly lady across the street). I think I'll make 4 passes tomorrow at both my driveway and her's. I've got an obsession with having the driveways be as little snow as possible while the others are piled high. Have a dick neighbor kitty corner to my house and I take a small sense of pride doing my driveway, doing my neighbor's, clearing out the old lady next to her, and then watching him suffer.

My work cancelled for tomorrow which is only the 2nd time in our 30 year history. Not that I'd be coming in what with the travel ban in Massachusetts, but this prevents me from having to work from home too and keep up that farce.

Girlfriend just made it safely from MArlborough -> Worcester so that's good. We're up on the north side in the hills, so we tend to get more snow than down town. But when it's cold all over the city today.. No hope for rain.

FTF

How Far East are you? I'm in Northport, wind's picking up, been slow but steady accumulation but snow hasn't been going Ham yet

Port Jeff…getting some good, frequent gusts. As long as the power doesn't go out I'm cool. But worried about that :/

Basically keeping my phone plugged in until Wednesday ha

Totally offtopic but since there seems to be a lot of people from Philly here, I just moved out here...anything cool to do? Only thing I've done is gone to Tony Lukes for a cheesesteak lol.

XOMTOR

I love how everyone is looking for lots of snow; same here. No sense having winter without snow. We normally have way more of it on the ground at this time of year so bring it on mother nature. Of course, the wind and possible power outages we can do without.

esms

Won't be a bust, but not going to be a monster here. It was never really supposed to kick in until later tonight with the real stuff starting after midnight.

Never expected a monster, haha. Used to live in Boston, so anything that happens is gonna seem miniscule. Here's to hoping tomorrow's night class is canceled.

I dunno. Didn't they say 3 inches today? *looks out window* Yeah, that didn't happen.

A dusting at most. Ah, whatever.

Totally offtopic but since there seems to be a lot of people from Philly here, I just moved out here...anything cool to do? Only thing I've done is gone to Tony Lukes for a cheesesteak lol.

You got any friends out here? If so: bars, all day. This city has really, really fun bars. When it's nicer out, there's the zoo that's really close. There's always live shows down near Chinatown. I've been here for a very short time as well (5 years). Maybe the born and raised people can help you out more.

I dunno. Didn't they say 3 inches today? *looks out window* Yeah, that didn't happen.

Considering how long the snow fell? It's not super unlikely that we had an inch (I remember them saying 1-2 inches over night), it's just that none of it stuck because it wasn't cold enough. When I left work it was in the high 20s, so it's definitely cold enough now. We'll see what happens at around midnight.

You got any friends out here? If so: bars, all day. This city has really, really fun bars. When it's nicer out, there's the zoo that's really close. There's always live shows down near Chinatown. I've been here for a very short time as well (5 years). Maybe the born and raised people can help you out more.

Nope.

KalBalboa

Banned
Was at North Station when three trains to Rockport got canceled. A bridge was out in Beverly, so they had to do some emergency re-routing.

I was able to catch a train home to Salem, but anyone heading further north needed to get off there and take a bus. Here's a pic from North Station ~5 pm. There were hundreds of people waiting.

15754353484_47ca7183ce.jpg

Mully

Where's the God damned snow?! I WANT TO GET POUNDED HARD. HARD.

Easy. The totals from the clipper that was with us for most of the day already reached the numbers predicted by a few of the "eastward," North American models for this storm.

It seems like the EURO and the short term NAM numbers from today are likely going to be the numbers for this storm.

Central Jersey here. Snow is pouring on and news here is saying 1500 people already lost power in my city.

Charging all my handhelds/phone/laptops and getting textbook hw out of the way just in case though my neighborhood has been pretty good with electricity.

br3wnor

Port Jeff…getting some good, frequent gusts. As long as the power doesn't go out I'm cool. But worried about that :/

Basically keeping my phone plugged in until Wednesday ha

I hear ya, I actually bought a portable charger today that's supposed to have enough juice for a good amount of phone charges if it comes to that. Praying we don't lose power, Sandy was terrible

I work at a power utility company. Some of my coworkers probably have to sleep at work. The subway stop at 11pm.

And I have no idea how to get to work tomorrow.

Pepiope

You went to a horrible place to get a cheesesteak. It's all about Pats Cheesesteak and John Roast Pork.

Sanjuro

They've been doing all the time lately. It's fucking sad.
Every time I see a sign with a MA accent being used I cringe.

They have been doing it a lot lately. I forget the drinking and driving one that has been plastered all over RI. It's pretty close to "Be smaht. Don't fackin drink'n drive!"

Wag

Holy shit. Here in the Boston area the local news stations are going wild with this. Wall to wall coverage. They won't fucking shut up about it.

Alucrid

Banned

i mean there's the art museum, franklin institute, mutter museum. tons of music venues like the TLA, electric factory, the church, the trocadero, some random building's 3rd floor in fishtown, etc. go eat places, tons of good stuff. i like green egg cafe in northern liberties for breakfast, go to the reading terminal market, etc.

John Roast Pork:
14 E Snyder Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19148
They usually close at 3 PM.

Pat's Steaks:
1237 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19147

pats is just as shit as ginos. just go get a $3 from some food truck and save yourself money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom