• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Safety

I hope everyone in the Northeast has bread and milk. For some inexplicable reason, the mere mention of snow causes a panic where everyone rushes out to compete with their fellow man to hoard bread and milk.

They may never make another loaf again!

DoubleD

Just got home from work. Roads in southern CT are slippery, just have to take your time. About 3 inches on the ground.

Tom Penny

Pretty much same hear. This storm is a fraud.

Meet you at Trinity!

They already cancelled work for me tomorrow paid. Yipee. It Sucks. My buddy wanted me take out Wednesday to go snowboarding but I don't want to go into Thursday with 3 days work on my plate. I already have my Buffalo Trace for the snow in :)

asdad123

North Jersey here. Looks like weather channel downgraded it to 5-8 inches tonight and 1-3 tomorrow. I was really hoping for the 18-24 it was originally showing lol.

Alucrid

Banned
I hope everyone in the Northeast has bread and milk. For some inexplicable reason, the mere mention of snow causes a panic where everyone rushes out to compete with their fellow man to hoard bread and milk.

it's because if you dip the bread in milk and cover yourself in it when the storm comes and the power goes out the grains in the bread when combined with the calcium in the milk create an organic stasis pod so that you can survive the 2 days of being able to go outside of your house but not really wanting to

Ravijn

it's because if you dip the bread in milk and cover yourself in it when the storm comes and the power goes out the grains in the bread when combined with the calcium in the milk create an organic stasis pod so that you can survive the 2 days of being able to go outside of your house but not really wanting to

Eggs, milk and bread. Everyone knows that snow storm panics = French Toast.

Juat got home after wandering through midtown and even central park, i will try to post pics. It was crazy around 4-5 but it had slowed down now, wasn't it supposed to start around 6 ? And what is this talk of just <15 inch in nyc now. This deal is getting worse all the time :(

Down with the deflatethon !

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Weather update showing 4.3" in Central Park so far.

It's pretty rough out there. Worse than I was expecting it to be by evening rush, and that was with me leaving the office before 4.

terrisus

Eggs, milk and bread. Everyone knows that snow storm panics = French Toast.

A Loaf of Bread, a Container of Milk and a Stick of Butter

Wth son, you really don't know ? Overlord cummo said no vehicles or mta after 11.

"cummo"

deadp.gif

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Snow has stopped falling here in Uptown Manhattan, but it's this weird "calm before the storm" vibe I'm feeling has me fearing the worst.

supergiz

Number bumped back up....woohoo pound me blizzard.

Which number are you referring to? And what web page is that on? Anyone have any good streams for news on the weather? I always like following the weather when crazy storms like this hit.

Jag

Snow has stopped falling here in Uptown Manhattan, but it's this weird "calm before the storm" vibe I'm feeling has me fearing the worst.

Scariest part about the storm of 96 in NYC was that you could hear people talking on the opposite side of the avenues. Very surreal for the city to be that quiet.

Not really getting much in northern NJ right now. It was coming down pretty good a few hours ago but has since stopped.

Almost feels like a bust. I want my 2 feet, dammit!

MattyG

Banned
Holy crap. Local news just said 55-65 mph gusts expected in southern Maine. I better get my generator ready.
Heyyyyy, a fellow MaineGAFer! Nothing's started here in Windham yet, I'm guessing that we've got another 1.5-2 hours until it starts.

I really hope we don't lose the power, but CMP seems to hate my road lately, so it's pretty much inevitable.

Shouta

Only 12-24 inches of snow? Weak. I've seen more drop in one night when I lived in Japan!

But seriously, stay warm East Coasters and drive slow.

Alric

Lake Hopatcong, NJ and the snow is blanketing me. On the upside, my Siberian Husky loves the backyard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom