• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making the Videogame - Halo 2: MTV Tonight @1100 ET/PT

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Looking at the preview online, it seems that it is going to be a good show. Looking at the making of the game, talking to artists who worked on it, looking at a Halo2 competition, but since it's MTV, they are going to throw some stupid looks at celebs playing the game. Like anyone cares.

Ramirez

Nah,from what I've seen they rarely show anything outside of the game on this show...I remember they had some bits on the bands when they did Madden,but seems like I remember Spider Man 2 being totally about the game.

Good god there had BETTER NOT be any footage of Master Chief dancing around to some fucking Hoobastank song. Heads will roll, goddammit.

And DREAMER! Where the fuck you been man? I thought you died or something! Turn your phone on!

dskillzhtown

Sho Nuff said:
Are those music videos with game characters every bit as retarded as they sound?

dunno, I have been meaning to watch that show to see what exactly it is all about.

The show is about to start on MTV.

okay up until it was "talk to the band time" it was pretty good. Hopefully it will get better as they go to the "exclusive look"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Lemming said:
okay up until it was "talk to the band time" it was pretty good. Hopefully it will get better as they go to the "exclusive look"
If you've never seen these "Making the ____" shows, the exclusive scene is the very, very last thing they show. And it will be short.

dskillzhtown

Mr. Lemming said:

I figured that would suck and this "celebrity" crap coming up is going to suck I am sure. Showing the competition should be pretty fresh though.

Matlock

Banned
:lol

Holy shit, that popup...I wonder if that little bit of cinematic was early code or something...'cause that was ugly.

Awesome clip. I'm fucking stoked. GAWDDAMMIT I need this game! *sigh* only a few more days........must hold out...........

I'm fucking stoked. Did I say that already? That clip was awesome. It brought me right back into the best memories of Halo 1. I can't wait for Monday. Me and my bud are gonna go buy a buncha frozen pizzas, a metric fuck-ton of soda, some snackables, and then make our way to Gamestop at midnight so we can pick up our copies of Halo 2 and play through the entire game on co-op in one sitting. Its gonna be fucking AWESOME. I cannot wait.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Matlock said:
:lol

Holy shit, that popup...I wonder if that little bit of cinematic was early code or something...'cause that was ugly.
I find it odd how ass-tacular that last cutscene was when the game footage at the beginning of the show was pristine as hell.

Matlock

Banned
Yeah, really. I mean, there was clipping in the camera when they first cut to MC, just a little glitch. I could have attributed that to some sort of regular error...

But then the marines turned forward, and the bump-mapping didn't show up until a second or two later.

...then the entire city took about a second to pop through pure white.

Bleh.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Matlock said:
Yeah, really. I mean, there was clipping in the camera when they first cut to MC, just a little glitch. I could have attributed that to some sort of regular error...

But then the marines turned forward, and the bump-mapping didn't show up until a second or two later.

...then the entire city took about a second to pop through pure white.

Bleh.

And they've GOT to find better voice actors for the smaller roles.

dskillzhtown

Deku Tree said:
I missed it! Was it any good?

1st segment was great talking to the makers of the game.

They had a segment at a Halo 2 competition, which was alright. Kind of put you in that spirit to jump online and play against people.

The rest of it was well done, but not really something I cared about. The rest was interviews with bands providing music for the game and looking at celebs play and talk about Halo. At the end there was a cutscene from the game that lasted about 20-30 secs.

As far as the music that was provided for the game, gamespy had an interview with Nile Rodgers and the music that is used is an instrumental, or more like a deconstruction of the music. Kind of what like what NIN did on 'Fixed.' That is what he made it sound like anyway.

In all a pretty good show, but not enough of the stuff I really care about. It did get me pumped for the game.

edit - This is where a channel like G4 really could be valuable with a special that really digs deep into the making of Halo 2. They had it for X-Men Legends and Riddick, but they don't do nearly enough of those specials. Like I said in #ga today, G4 is the Ryan Leaf of Cable. So much potential, but they let it all go to waste.

Well whatever then. I guess you are just one observant son of a bitch. Maybe I was just too interested in the story, setting, and sounds to notice. :p

dskillzhtown

I didn't really notice, but then again I really am not as anal about such things. I just don't really look for graphical flaws or they just don't bother me I guess. I just was looking at what was going on in the scene. I guess gameplay trumps everything for me.

fart

Savant
oh great, just what we needed. case's fat ass on mtv.

yah jj, you're a rockstar. :/ whatever dude.

fucking sellouts

epmode

neptunes said:
Didn't they hint at downloabale content?
of course there will be downloadable content. this is microsoft's flagship live game. they need something to get the new customers to actually subscribe to the service, as opposed to just using the 2 months free card.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
cool_dude_2049 said:
they purposly toned down the graphics to reduce lag on XBL
Except the multiplayer footage they had looked MUCH better than that cutscene they showed.

It's not like I was looking for graphical flaws. They just showed the scene and I said "ew, what the hell did they do?"

The video quality itself also looked almost like it was from a second gen VHS or something. Especially when compared to some of the footage they showed earlier in the show which was clear and sharp as hell.

Ramirez

I liked the show,the part towards the end was alright with the celebrities who I actually think care about the game like Tony Hawk,Jimmy Fallon,Xzibit,etc. but people like Hillary Duff,I'm sure they had to sit her down and explain what the start button does ;) :p

The clip at the end was fuckin awesome,I can't believe you people are bitchin about the graphics,I was like OMG I must play this :D 3 more days! :O

shuri

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
they purposly toned down the graphics to reduce lag on XBL

what does lag have to do with stuff? I was playing halo on my p2-450 back then and it ran alright, yet with 40-50 of ping.

Noob be gone!

shuri said:
what does lag have to do with stuff? I was playing halo on my p2-450 back then and it ran alright, yet with 40-50 of ping.

Noob be gone!

That's awesome. Why aren't you a programmer at bungie?

Top Bottom