• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Male Birth Control, Without Condoms, Will Be Here by 2017. (Daily Beast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

It makes us gain weight too. Which is awesome. /s

Aside from the pill, IUDs can be incredibly painful too. My sister had such a horrible reaction to hers. Ugh, glad I never tried it.

Also once again wanting to do a sex ed thread on Gaf because I apparently know more about penises than most of the men that post here.

YES YOU WILL STILL EJACULATE LOADS.

image.php

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
If it cuts off the sperm, then only half of the semen mixture will come out. Is the sperm the bitter or the weird tasting half? Inquiring minds need to know.

EDIT: I was beat to the question of taste.

Yrael

Sperm actually makes up only a very small fraction of semen (2-5%) - the majority is made up of secretions from the other glands (for instance, the fructose in semen comes from the seminal vesicles). I don't believe the vasectomy would really make much of a difference, if any, to the taste.

Platy

So ... where is the non hormonal equivalent for women ?

I don't understand why they don't want to make an hormonal one for men ....

velociraptor

So when you have a vasectomy do you still ejaculate? Obviously since the vas deferens are tied up no sperm will come out but what exactly comes out? Is it just seminal fluid? How much?

To me, this is BS. Just try different ones. I don't have a problem either way.

Different ones? The issue is that you are not actually touching the vagina, not necessarily the condom itself. They create a massive disconnect for me and most other men. Yes you are technically having sex by doing the actions but the condom cancels out the best part.

Pullout has worked fine for me over the years. I also find most girls hate condoms too so this new male contraception sounds like a good thing for everyone.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal_ligation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragm_(contraceptive)

1) Shit is hard.
2) Hormonal remedies WILL fuck with your mood and may also affect your general health. Messing with the chemistry that governs the workings of your body tends to have significant side effects.

A needle anywhere near that part of my body? No sorry. Condom usage shall continue.

I'd have no problem with a pill or a patch but no needles. I'd probably be okay with this if I was married and we didn't want kids.

Just curious why do so many here hate condoms?

Too short of an expiration date.

LifeStyles Brand Lubricated Condoms have a five-year expiration date from the time they were manufactured and our Spermicidal Lubricated Condoms have a three year expiration from the date they were manufactured

Barely gave me any breathing room to get a second date with m'ladies.

Antagon

What's up with all the pussies that are affraid of getting a shot up their dick? If that's the only thing needed for a reversable birth control, I'll be first in line.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What's up with all the pussies that are affraid of getting a shot up their dick? If that's the only thing needed for a reversable birth control, I'll be first in line.

Not a shot up/in your dick. Two shots through your sack between your 'nads and your dick.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Anesthesia takes care of any pain.

I wouldn't care how much it hurt personally. I didn't even take shots for my fillings because that weird numb feeling is way more uncomfortable to me than pain.
Even if I did care anything would be better than an accident with the wrong person.

Only if you turn it up loud.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Speaking from experience, the kind of anesthesia used in these kinds of procedures is so much better than the one used by the dentist. There no numb feeling, but an absolute absence of any kind of feeling. It's just like your junk had vanished from your body. Then the surgeon lifts your gown so you don't see him manipulating your soft bits and gets to work. I wish going to the dentist were that easy.

There's also no itching/antsy feeling once it starts to wear out.

I needed six shots and the needles themselves were rather uncomfortable (the first three of them anyway), but that was only the pricking itself, which lasts a couple of seconds and it's much less noticeable than than the injections used in dental anesthesia. It's no big deal.

heyf00L

Hopefully it will be covered by insurance.

I'm sure cost of baby > cost of procedure. So I would hope so.

This seems to be aimed at the same crowd that get vasectomies.

No. This would be great for young, monogamous men that don't want kids yet but want kids later. Vasectomies are for older, monogamous guys that already have kids and don't want any more.

Monogamous because it doesn't prevent STIs/STDs.

But if you're young and not monogamous, nothing will replace condoms.

Part of the joy is feeling the honey sweet milky cum erupt up from my penis and having it go to its destination.

Does this block this?

So when you have a vasectomy do you still ejaculate? Obviously since the vas deferens are tied up no sperm will come out but what exactly comes out? Is it just seminal fluid? How much?

For the dudes who are having trouble understanding the procedure; after the injection, you don't shoot this:

But you still shoot this:

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

*highfive

While the picture of fish and delicious pie can be used as learning materials. Imagine you have a 10 gallon bucket with 10 neon tetras in it. You throw this bucket at the face of your significant other. She slaps you. You now throw the bucket without the neon tetras ... she still slaps you because there is barely a difference.

M3d10n

Because it's very hard to stop the sperm production without chemically castrating the person.

entremet

The female reproductive system is way more complex than the male reproductive system.

The non-hormonal options for women include tubal ligation and IUD. There are more, both those are the ones I'm aware of. Also female condoms.

Both mentioned above are invasive due to female anatomy. But they can also cause problems for some women. A tubal ligation is major surgery.

Foxix Von

*shudder* yeah I don't like the idea of anything involving a needle going down there to inject anything.

My girlfriend have to do some serious convincing to get me anywhere near a doctor's office for this.

Call me back when there's a pill ready. Then sign me up.

JC Lately

Sperm actually makes up only a very small fraction of semen (2-5%) - the majority is made up of secretions from the other glands (for instance, the fructose in semen comes from the seminal vesicles). I don't believe the vasectomy would really make much of a difference, if any, to the taste.

According to my pre-vasectomy doctor visits, its closer to 5-15%, but even then it barely noticeable. I can’t tell, and neither can my wife. Though she has reported a difference the, I guess viscosity would be the best word. But even that turned out to be a plus as it also resulted in additional um pressure? force? when ejaculation does take place, which she finds extremely pleasing.

How is it so many guys don’t know how their own bodies work? I mean, c’mon, we’re all on the internet here.

Kisaya

Ouch, I don't think my SO would be okay with this at all. Still cool that there's something like this being made. Birth Control just sucks in general and I'm a bit wary of getting on it myself.

JohnDoe

Banned
This is perfect even if you're not monogamous, condoms and this Vasalgel shit would make the chance of impregnating a random chick incredibly low.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

FoxSpirit

Really the saddest part of this news :(
Why should this in any way or shape prevent any STD? Use a condom, use this, be 100% safe from unwanted children and 99% safe from STDs.
I haven't had sex in ages because I am not looking for a relationship but very, very certainly don't want to have any accident with the wrong person.
My life was/is difficult enough.

So bring it on.

I got a special little guy. To be fair, though, the women say that they prefer the texture and warmth of my penis skin too.
Not even extra thin Durex stuff?
edit: aparently Durex new has a new "Feeling" condom line for "skin-on-skin" feeling made from a stuff called Polysoprene. Give it a try and report back :)

I'm waiting for this since like 2 years. 2017 is still too far away, just shoot it in my nuts already, damn it. Not getting any younger!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/09/we-ll-have-male-birth-control-by-2017.html

Interesting stuff. Especially the non hormonal aspect. And unlike the Pill, it's one injection only. Another injection to reverse.

Should be a requirement for all rookies entering professional sports leagues.

Still this seems more aimed to those in monogamous relationships. It won't protect against STDs, just pregnancy.

why would anyone think this was possible thru a pill!?

shoplifter

With the hilarious lack of anatomical understanding in this thread it's no wonder there are so many unplanned pregnancies.

No problem with doing this but I'm not waiting three more years so coin purse punch it is.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ouch, I don't think my SO would be okay with this at all. Still cool that there's something like this being made. Birth Control just sucks in general and I'm a bit wary of getting on it myself.

I honestly don't get the fear. As a man whose softest bits have been pricked more times than would like to (read: every single one of them) it's not a big deal. It's a small moment discomfort that goes away very quickly.

If I were into a committed relationship I would jump in an instant.

You must have the most sensitive penis ever, you hamster!
Regardless of how sensitive you are, the plastic bag effect is real and fucking awful. I hate it.

I know you're joking, but I found this lol:

I've definitely relied on the pull out method! Just ask my two year old son!
-- Age unknown, Queens, NY

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/pullout-method-contraception-my-story_n_3881396.html

At least one poster has already said ITT that pulling out has worked fine for him.

I personally group advocates of pulling out along with drunk drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom