• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably playing the badness up. Wouldn't be the first time (comparing Shingeki to Gantz). Had it not been for the incredibly shitty non-ending, Cage of Eden would be a pretty good manga. There are enough reputable members in here that like it to at least make clear it has entertainment value.

Lol talk about a plea for attention.

He's probably playing the badness up. Wouldn't be the first time (comparing Shingeki to Gantz). Had it not been for the incredibly shitty non-ending, Cage of Eden would be a pretty good manga. There are enough reputable members in here that like it to at least make clear it has entertainment value.

I sum it up to opinions. I hate Katekyo Hitman Reborn with all my heart but DTL loves the hell out of it. 7 Seeds is one of my favorite mangas but some hate the art, etc.

I think it's fine if we sum up our general opinion about the mangas we read, just as long as we don't personally attack those who have a different opinion about it.

That said there are some people I take extra notes on what their favorite mangas are; seeing as our tastes seem to be the same.

Akito

Kind of interested to participate.

Alright GAF, recommend me the shittiest manga that you can think of! I will endure reading them and post my impression!

And before some smart-ass say it, no, I don't accept Naruto.
W's
It's worse than PoT in spite of being only 3 volumes long.
And Hetakoi

flawfuls

Alright GAF, recommend me the shittiest manga that you can think of! I will endure reading them and post my impression!

Everyone Loves Marutarou. Well maybe it's not the worst, but it is the most "wtf why does this exist."

Edit: Now that I think about it the actual worst thing I've ever read a significant amount of is probably Sakura Diaries.

Overall Freezing is more mediocre, but one arc in particular is REALLY rage inducing.

I apologize for having my own opinions on acceptability. You are free to decide who is and isn't reputable and what is entertaining to you. If you don't need consistency or coherence to enjoy a comic book, then I have no right no judge you. There are also people who enjoy freezing their own shit to use as dildos, and that's a perfectly valid way to spend their own time. Your opinions on Attack on Titan are of relatively little consequence.

I apologize for having my own opinions on acceptability. You are free to decide who is and isn't reputable and what is entertaining to you. If you don't need consistency or coherence to enjoy a comic book, then I have no right no judge you. There are also people who enjoy freezing their own shit to use as dildos, and that's a perfectly valid way to spend their own time. Your opinions on Attack on Titan are of relatively little consequence.

Uh and other people are free to say your rhetoric and opinions are ridiculous.

Dresden

Try Chinbutsu.

Toride has always loved his cute classmate, Ayase. Due to an accident, Toride's spirit went to Ayase's penis, a weird couple then was made. They both have feelings for each others, but is it really a blissful thing for a relationship such as this? The accident not only changed Toride and Ayase's life, but also Iwabuchi- the emotionless, and Kamiya- the playboy? Unlike Toride and Ayase's situation, Iwabuchi and Kamiya have their penis switched, and their penis can talk?

It has talking dicks, what more could a man want?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks for the recommendations folks.

I am going to read them starting from the shorter ones first and save the real long ones like Katekyo Hitman at later date.

Will be interesting to see mangas that the folks in this thread consider as absolute worst.

Akito

Yandere Kanojo
Tanaka is a man of great taste. He also handled the Nanami situation like a pro.

Genshiken
Oh shit Madarame what are you doing? I wouldn't mind seeing Ohno sticking around for a while longer.

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 0-7
haganai7.png
haganai7a.png

haganai7b.png
haganai7c.png

I have to say that this is tremendous step up from the above average at best anime series. What stands out most is just how much better the art is in this, especially the character designs which are just absolutely awful in the anime. The other good thing about the art is that it's effectively used to further enhance the humor which is definitely delivered far more effectively thanks to the overall better pacing and comedic timing. Hell, even the annoying little Chuuni sister comes across as a far more likeable character and I'll be simply stunned if the same is true with the Index clone. Great stuff.

Thanks for the recommendations folks.

I am going to read them starting from the shorter ones first and save the real long ones like Katekyo Hitman at later date.

Will be interesting to see mangas that the folks in this thread consider as absolute worst.
You still need to check out the 20 page masterpiece that is Beethoven (Popinikan)!

Jintor

Haganai 0-7

I have to say that this is tremendous step up from the above average at best anime series. What stands out most is just how much better the art is in this, especially the character designs which are just absolutely awful in the anime. The other good thing about the art is that it's effectively used to further enhance the humor which is definitely delivered far more effectively thanks to the overall better pacing and comedic timing. Hell, even the annoying little Chuuni sister comes across as a far more likeable character and I'll be simply stunned if the same is true with the Index clone. Great stuff.

Well, i know what I'm reading soon

Didn't mean anything offensive by it. Just found it interesting how overly negative you can be about it without dropping it. You've always kind of come off as the "grumpy" member, so reading your impressions is amusing, but imo, hard to take seriously. I apologize if you are being 100% genuine here and legitimately hate it as much as you're making it seem.

Tizoc

JoJo Part 6, Vol. 7
Made it to the chapter where the Planet Waves Stand gets introduced and its User's background made me facepalm.

Jintor

Didn't mean anything offensive by it. Just found it interesting how overly negative you can be about it without dropping it. You've always kind of come off as the "grumpy" member, so reading your impressions is amusing, but imo, hard to take seriously. I apologize if you are being 100% genuine here and legitimately hate it as much as you're making it seem.

There's nothin' like a good old hatewatch/hateread

just because you're fascinated by something doesn't mean it's any good. There's a reason The Room or Plan 9 have fandoms.

Cage of Eden

I like how their strategy for saving their friend that got swallowed by a monster is getting under it and stabbing it dozens of times in the stomach.

Tizoc

The only manga I would consider to be the worst is Claymore. I can't think of any other manga that's so completely unreadable. I can never tell who is who and what's going on.

The heck you rambling about? The characters are distinguishable, I may not remember the names but I can tell one character from the other.
This is the dumbest troll post if it was one, and if it isn't get your eyes checked ya crazy dellusional geezer.

The heck you rambling about? The characters are distinguishable, I may not remember the names but I can tell one character from the other.
This is the dumbest troll post if it was one, and if it isn't get your eyes checked ya crazy geezer.

I never got this complaint about Claymore. All the important characters have recognizable hairstyles. If you don't recognize the hairstyle, then they're not important.

Tizoc

I never got this complaint about Claymore. All the important characters have recognizable hairstyles. If you don't recognize the hairstyle, then they're not important.

Ophelia is still one of my fav. characters...and she scares the living shit out of me *shivers*

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is the dumbest troll post if it was one, and if it isn't get your eyes checked ya crazy dellusional geezer.

I dunno, as more and more characters are introduced I lost track of who is who.

Sure they have distinguished hairstyles but I can't recall their characters or purpose in the story most the time, except for Clare.

Akito

I dunno, as more and more characters are introduced I lost track of who is who.

Sure they have distinguished hairstyles but I can't recall their characters or purpose in the story most the time, except for Clare.
I don't see this as a problem since 2/3 of them will die a horrible death anyway. The recurring cast of Claymore is not that big.

Honestly, all the absurdly anti-science stuff he's quoting sounds flat out creepy to me.

I actually am pretty lenient towards series that clearly have their own litlte universe like One Piece, Naruto ,FT as far as bullshit powers and logic are concerned. (as long as the morals are sound, which is my big problem with a lot of shonen.. cause they're clearly not)

But on the flipside, if a series is clearly trying to have a bit of a realistic or more scientific-basis and it even gets the most fundamental basics wrong ... that's just unforgivable to me.

(The best example is the stupid weight of the soul & characters falling to their knees crying when they're confronted with just being matter bullcrap in Gantz, that was just painful to read)

I like your poop analogy.

One can make fun/snarky posts for the mere entertainment value, even if their dislike/hatred is genuine no?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't see this as a problem since 2/3 of them will die a horrible death anyway. The recurring cast of Claymore is not that big.

That is true, and I guess that I could follow the main group pretty well, but everyone else still kind of got lost in the periphery. I find it very hard to follow the story of most mangas once a lot of characters are introduced, with a few exceptions.

Also I haven't really read claymore ever since the "ending" so it has been awhile.

Onani Master 21-End

This and Molester Man with all it's feels, they're just so good. I actually thought Molester Man was more gripping of a story overall, but I think Onani had more tear up moments. The confession, to the handshake, to the meeting in the library, to the amazing change in Kurosawa, so many feels were had.

I have to give it to the writer, when Kurosawa had that interaction with Segawa in cram school I kind of rolled my eyes but within a chapter or two I honestly cared about her and Kurosawa already.

So is this the same writer as Molester Man or just the same artist? If it's the same writer I need more of his work.

Liked Claymore, but stopped reading when every started to get too confusing, and the main character disappeared just like that, without the impact that should follow after.

Honestly I don't know who's fighting who at the moment, even about the Abyssal. The problem with the Abyssal is they have this statue-like look, that makes them seem pretty forgettable.

Onani Master 21-End

This and Molester Man with all it's feels, they're just so good. I actually thought Molester Man was more gripping of a story overall, but I think Onani had more tear up moments. The confession, to the handshake, to the meeting in the library, to the amazing change in Kurosawa, so many feels were had.

I have to give it to the writer, when Kurosawa had that interaction with Segawa in cram school I kind of rolled my eyes but within a chapter or two I honestly cared about her and Kurosawa already.

So is this the same writer as Molester Man or just the same artist? If it's the same writer I need more of his work.

Same artist. Molester Man was an adapted story from a 2chan thread. Basically a Girl-Age thread turned into a manga.

Articalys

Time for Weekly Shonen Jump to do some early new year's cleaning! Newer series Retsu!!! Date-senpai gets the axe already, along with mid-carder Kurogane. To fill the void, joining the lineup will be two new series, Koi wo Suru Edison and World Trigger.

Articalys

Looks like both the new series are from mangaka that have been serialized in WSJ before, though not for long -- Daisuke Ashihara (World Trigger) had a four-volume series back in late 2009, while Kizuku Watanabe (Edison) had a two-volume series in mid-2011.

Reading Air Gear was like crapping in the toilet. Felt good for a while, but then it starts to sputter and before you know it everything is covered in shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom