• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I assume that World Trigger is the "new" Trigger Keeper, a one-shot published in 2009 in WSJ by the same author.
Yeah, though I didn't really think that was relevant, since they're both from oneshots anyway; doesn't really matter what it was called before. Editors probably recommended a name change for serialization or something.
vXr1yw0.jpg

Edison
eYHbvop.jpg

World Trigger

TokiDoki

Wow finally got my account approved by Gaf . This is the first thread I'm posting on after reading here for years .

There's one manga I read sometime ago(introduced here) that I couldn't remember the title anymore . It's about a country that got invaded and their natives are locked inside the country without being able to escape . There is a gate to prevent this , and most of the rebel who try to get pass it would be executed . The story setting is somewhat fictional past Europe .

Would love to see the progress of it now , if someone knows the name perhaps ?

Damn, was thinking they were similar enough to be the same writer. I knew about Molester Man, but was figuring there were some liberties taken with the adaptation.

I don't know any Japanese, so I can't read the thread, but my guess is that the artist took some liberties with things like Lord Molester Man, but not really with the story.

Reknoc

Wow finally got my account approved by Gaf . This is the first thread I'm posting on after reading here for years .

There's one manga I read sometime ago(introduced here) that I couldn't remember the title anymore . It's about a country that got invaded and their natives are locked inside the country without being able to escape . There is a gate to prevent this , and most of the rebel who try to get pass it would be executed . The story setting is somewhat fictional past Europe .

Would love to see the progress of it now , if someone knows the name perhaps ?

Wolfsmund?

Yeah, though I didn't really think that was relevant, since they're both from oneshots anyway; doesn't really matter what it was called before. Editors probably recommended a name change for serialization or something.
Hopefully wsj us gets world trigger, looks cool. I guess Cross Manage will be next to be crossed off and in this tournament would be easy to write an ending to wrap it up at anytime.

duckroll

One Piece - Thriller Bark

That was pretty good. It did feel like a side trip, but it was an extremely fun one. Feels a lot like a Nightmare Before Christmas world in the Kingdom Hearts games. There were nice hooks to earlier points in the story too with Laboon and the paper Ace gave Luffy. The battles at the end were pretty damn cool too, with lots of scale escalation - kinda like Gurren Lagann. It was really funny seeing stuff just get bigger and bigger. It's too bad Robin is such a spoilsport, or we would have seen the legendary DOCKING 6. Looooooooool. :(

I'll probably watch Strong World tomorrow, and take a break from One Piece for a while. Don't want to get completely burnt out. I still have about a full month before Z opens here, so I should have plenty of time to catch up. :D

Kurita

That was pretty good. It did feel like a side trip, but it was an extremely fun one. Feels a lot like a Nightmare Before Christmas world in the Kingdom Hearts games. There were nice hooks to earlier points in the story too with Laboon and the paper Ace gave Luffy. The battles at the end were pretty damn cool too, with lots of scale escalation - kinda like Gurren Lagann. It was really funny seeing stuff just get bigger and bigger. It's too bad Robin is such a spoilsport, or we would have seen the legendary DOCKING 6. Looooooooool. :(

I agree, that's why I loved this arc so much. The atmosphere was brilliant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'll probably watch Strong World tomorrow, and take a break from One Piece for a while. Don't want to get completely burnt out. I still have about a full month before Z opens here, so I should have plenty of time to catch up. :D

It's too bad, if they had done it their victory would have been simple.

Anyway, you picked a good spot to take a break. You're almost at the half-way point and shit only gets real from here on out.

fertygo

Strong World weren't very good. btw DON'T WATCH the introducial OVA, just DON'T if you planning to watch it. just read the manga chapter (forget what its called)

Is it really that bad? I'm morbidly curious now.

Thought it was decent until after the Behemoth fight.

Then it started to go downhill.

Time for Weekly Shonen Jump to do some early new year's cleaning! Newer series Retsu!!! Date-senpai gets the axe already, along with mid-carder Kurogane. To fill the void, joining the lineup will be two new series, Koi wo Suru Edison and World Trigger.

Have been staying away from Kurogane for awhile, will keep my eye on the ending to see if I should finish it or not.

Reknoc

That was pretty good.It did feel like a side trip, but it was an extremely fun one. Feels a lot like a Nightmare Before Christmas world in the Kingdom Hearts games. There were nice hooks to earlier points in the story too with Laboon and the paper Ace gave Luffy. The battles at the end were pretty damn cool too, with lots of scale escalation - kinda like Gurren Lagann. It was really funny seeing stuff just get bigger and bigger. It's too bad Robin is such a spoilsport, or we would have seen the legendary DOCKING 6. Looooooooool. :(

You're good people.

The animation could be better but the music and the voice acting make the whole thing amazing.

I see. I was thinking about going with the anime, when I'm done with part 2, but the art style is one of the reasons I enjoy JoJo and from what I've seen (which isn't much, other than the trailer and pictures), they didn't do a great job.

vareon

Man I wish I could wipe my memory of One Piece and enjoy it from zero again.

(actually that sounds like a plot from a movie but I forgot the name)

upandaway

I see. I was thinking about going with the anime, when I'm done with part 2, but the art style is one of the reasons I enjoy JoJo and from what I've seen (which isn't much, other than the trailer and pictures), they didn't do a great job.
I'm not sure if the anime follows past part 2.. but either way, I love the anime and I think it's really good for the manga. I'm not seeing the poor animation either. If I had to choose which way to go first I'd go anime in a heartbeat.

Just watch the first few episodes of part 2 and decide for yourself. If only for the audio I'm sure you'll love it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Last 10 Millimeters

Nice, sweet short story about a girl named Saitchi who makes it her obligation to return a stick of lip balm to a high school girl after she unknowingly left it on the bus. Quite the feel good one-shot.

ive been watching the magi anime and i thought it was pretty cool so i decided to check out the manga. so after binging on it over the weekend and catching up this morning, i must say its an awesome series. lots of cool stuff i cant wait to see animated.

170 was great, cant wait to see finalis corp wreck shit. wish they had more of the conversation between yunan and morg but i guess well see that later. all the finalis characters have been badass so far.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Liberation!

7 Seeds 72
This manga just keeps on giving!
At first, I was a little miffed the author added a psychic character, Hibari, who I assumed would be used as a plot device, but luckily she's been keeping it toned down. The Ryugu Shelter arc was pretty heart breaking. I was really misty eyed when Maria lead the victims into the freezer, and especially when Mark commited suicide. It was really cool how he used his talents of ventriloquism to fight the Acari X's power over him. Loved Team Summer A's arrival too. These guys don't fuck about at all.

Also, Bleach, One Piece, and Toriko were all great this week, especially Toriko. Shit son!

upandaway

ive been watching the magi anime and i thought it was pretty cool so i decided to check out the manga. so after binging on it over the weekend and catching up this morning, i must say its an awesome series. lots of cool stuff i cant wait to see animated.

170 was great, cant wait to see finalis corp wreck shit. wish they had more of the conversation between yunan and morg but i guess well see that later. all the finalis characters have been badass so far.
I think I'm having a relapse from lack of Mor. At first I read the sentence and did a "what is this guy talking about we got plenty of-" face then realized that WE FREAKING DIDN'T

Where is she :(

I think I'm having a relapse from lack of Mor. At first I read the sentence and did a "what is this guy talking about we got plenty of-" face then realized that WE FREAKING DIDN'T

Where is she :(

it has definitely been a long time since she has been around. i read all of the chapters together and i still missed her, must be even worse reading them weekly.

maybe she'll show up during this war? alibaba is already here and it would be a perfect opportunity to show the readers her new powers in comparison to these other finalis. seems like a nice point to reunite them.

Moosichu

Just out of interest, how soon are Bleach and Naruto going to end? Because Ichigo is basically already the strongest character in Bleach and Naruto will be once he beats
Madara

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just out of interest, how soon are Bleach and Naruto going to end? Because Ichigo is basically already the strongest character in Bleach and Naruto will be once he beats
Madara

Not soon if you're talking within a year or less. Both are on the final arcs, but neither of them are particularly close to the ends of those arcs. Naruto probably could be if Kishimoto felt like it since all he has to do is have Naruto win this fight and then have Sasuke show up for no real reason to fight Naruto. Last I heard he was still looking for something like 2 years of chapters because he wasn't going to be able to make it in the 18 months he'd told people.

Not soon if you're talking within a year or less. Both are on the final arcs, but neither of them are particularly close to the ends of those arcs. Naruto probably could be if Kishimoto felt like it since all he has to do is have Naruto win this fight and then have Sasuke show up for no real reason to fight Naruto. Last I heard he was still looking for something like 2 years of chapters because he wasn't going to be able to make it in the 18 months he'd told people.

Does he need the money that badly or what?

Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo 4
tumblr_mgzwss13DX1qgj46po1_500.png

Junko draws some of my favorite faces. This whole chapter was really good and funny and the way the other characters reacted. To think an answered letter as a kid could have this much of an effect and the confessional scene was really good.

Karakuridouji Ultimo v8 (chps 29 - 33?)

Not exactly sitting with my copy of the volume to see if it did end at 33 or 34, but Orgullo on the cover and some Akira was really great. Liked the battle he was about to engage in. Even more than that, the shocking revelation of Sayama's true being and that Nanosuit upgrade was mindblowing. Though it kind of takes out part of the fun of the series when the get naked when they henkei. Regardless I guess not most other characters have such a strong bond to do it like her, or perhaps Ultimo and Yamato, Rune and Jealousy, and potentially Chibikun-Jun (better name than his canon name) and Vice (anyone but K, ready for K to croak over and leave the plot) could do it. Anyway ready for even more fights in the Hundred Machine War thing. v9 cover looks amazing, and I hope this gets an anime someday.
tumblr_mh052iDgVU1qgc30wo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mh052iDgVU1qgc30wo4_500.png

Kurita

I'm done with the first season of the drama version of Liar Game. That was pretty neat. I'll watch the second season and the movie before starting the manga. They seem to have several differences so it might be a good idea to read it.
Akiyama is just a boss. A lot of twists might look ridiculous but it's entertaining as hell to see the reactions of the characters.

Cage of Eden

Oh my fucking god the best friend is back. Sigh.

edit: head injury limit breaks? come the FUCK ON

*monster is able to jump out of a 20 foot hole*
*is completely shocked when it jumps during the fight*

Akito

Given how much shit everyone was and is giving Cage of Eden I remember having read EX - Shounen Hyouryuu by the same author not a long time ago and that was pretty shitty and also a survival story. Can somebody who's read both make a comparison between the two? I might pick up CoE if it somehow manages to be much worse than EX :lol

scy

I have returned from various other obligations,
what is up mangagaf?!

God's Beard is 7 or 8 chapters away from a full mental breakdown and begins murdering the Cage of Eden cast somehow in his own recreation of the island.

In retrospect, that may be the plot to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom