• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Manage 20

Final match only lasted two pages. Im going to assume is swiftly ending soon considering the romance card seems to finally be in play.

Seki and Wakamoto were funny.

Nisekoi: False Love 61

Probably the best chapter thus far. Raku was really impressive with all he did and even managing to keep up and be ahead of the workload. The mom was so annoying and aggravating, if she makes the wrong choice she will be as worst as the worst character in this, ugh.

Reading the actual manga for Love Hina has me wishing they had alternate stories for the other girls.
I felt the anime was near perfect but im liking the girls in the manga much more.

You guys ever experienced a feeling like everything that you try to do is meaningless in the end and all you can do in the end is just sighing in defeat?

Sorry, just a random thought.

Need a good manga to cheer me up. Guess I'm gonna read Yotsuba or My Girl again for the 100th time.

New Inari, Konkon Iroha and Sengoku Youko is up.

flawfuls

You guys ever experienced a feeling like everything that you try to do is meaningless in the end and all you can do in the end is just sighing in defeat?

Sorry, just a random thought.

Need a good manga to cheer me up. Guess I'm gonna read Yotsuba or My Girl again for the 100th time.

Noramimi.

Sono Mama De 1
tumblr_mi3cuyeni31qbxqfpo1_250.png

Often alot of the stories I tend to read do have the same basic plot. So as usual another of the best friend has liked his friend during grade school and planned to forgo confessing his feelings once they graduated and moved away but that didnt happen and both stayed in town and hang out constantly. One day he decides to confess his feelings but then they dont know how to handle it and break the friend/relationship barrier. I guess I like in these when the one who was confessed to has to battle feelings but then sort of likes them and to please them goes along with what they want to do. Anyway fun chapter going through the progress, wonder how things will evolve next.

Soul Eater

Asura is the second of Shinigami. Kid looks exactly like him. I wonder if he can use the Sanzu lines like Kid can. And Kid becoming a shinigami, means Shinigami will die. Dammit.

Lain

Giant Killing volume 4
M8l.jpeg

By now I was expecting some wins, given all the hype being Tatsumi and the stupid giant killing idea. Instead I got to see the group eat loss after loss, which doesn't make for an interesting watch.
I guess that, with the turn around anticipated for the next volume, it should make the victory all that much more powerful, but I'm not so sure.

It's interesting to see the individual players grow up psychologically (the defender duo was really becoming annoying), though the characters I like the most, right now, are the female reporter (I pity her for believing Tatsumi) and the old fans with their "feud" with the new fans.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

It's good to know that I am possibly not the only one thinking that way.

If hot anime girls are accepted as avatars than I say hot anime dudes should be accepted too.

Which is fine, of course, but my very distinct impression about him is that he's doing it not because he genuinely likes them but more because he's trying to bait for comments and reactions or such.

Ah well, I guess I'd better stop right now; the last thing I want to do is to transform this "manga thread" into a "DTL thread."

Plus I don't want to be called a bully ;___________;

bigkrev

15: Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu ch 1-6.5
rsz_img000032_zpsad3d7ec5.png

While there are still some elements present, I can't call this a BL like the one-shot was. The art is more shoujo than shonen, which is really apparent in the characters. The story is a lot of fun if totally predictable, as long as you can handle the absurd amounts of "friendship" the story dishes out. I will commend the book for doing a decent job trying to explain rugby, even dedicating an entire .5 chapter at the end to explain all the positions in RPG terms. I really hope that this gets a finished translation, im going to read the rest of it tomorrow.

Which is fine, of course, but my very distinct impression about him is that he's doing it not because he genuinely likes them but more because he's trying to bait for comments and reactions or such.
I'm pretty sure he's sincere. If this was a gimmick, he would have cracked by now. Also, im positive that he once posted that he didn't like it when stuff got too wordy, and that he was only reading manga for action and hot guys (or something like that).

fertygo

Oh I like Kira too, he tied with Pucci as my fave.. Dio are no doubt the most iconic, but I found Kira and Pucci more intriguing.

I don't think DTL actually reads chapters.
He does read the big three at least, but no one is checking up on him on the yaoi stuff, for obvious reasons.
If hot anime girls are accepted as avatars than I say hot anime dudes should be accepted too.
That's shouldn't even be a debate, but I can see how some people might feel uncomfortable, when they see two shirtless anime men blushing and making out. I thought the JoJo one was pretty funny.
He doesn't even answer most of the time.
Not everyone likes to get into arguments and he was way more talkative back then, so maybe he's tired of it. It was even frowned upon to respond and discuss with him.
It's good to know that I am possibly not the only one thinking that way.

Ah well, I guess I'd better stop right now; the last thing I want to do is to transform this "manga thread" into a "DTL thread."

Plus I don't want to be called a bully ;___________;

Yaoi bully!

Whatever happend to Anti-DTL? You know, the fresh junior who was like DTL, but posted yuri instead and everyone welcomed him with open arms, because he included pictures of big tits and all that in his posts?

Kissing/sex/whatever in mangas often look bad regardless the persons involved.

Looks still better than in video games. Most of the time, anyway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kissing/sex/whatever in mangas often look bad regardless the persons involved.

I don't know... some of those hentai artists can be amazingly talented...

>___________>

Seriously though, sometimes hentai mangas can produce really great art.

Not that I am an expert or anything....

<___________<

With manga you can get lucky and the art really makes up for it and turns it into a beautiful moment, much like a photograph. But with anime and video games I cringe 99.9% the time, because the animation always ruins it, when it's a close-up shot.

Then again, I've probably seen more "kissing" in video games than in manga. The stuff I usually read doesn't include any romantic scenes.

I don't know... some of those hentai artists can be amazingly talented...

>___________>

Seriously though, sometimes hentai mangas can produce really great art.

Not that I am an expert or anything....

<___________<

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom