• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Here you go DTL...

Its from Aunt Tits

dTVRiDl.jpg

upandaway

Haikyuu 46

He's the best character, he has the funniest reactions, and he has easily the coolest plays ever in the entire universal cosmos. I don't even know.

I don't even know.

It's ridiculous.

Where is your avatar DTL?

Where will Manga-gaf get their weekly severing of :"Wait those are men?" reactions?
I don't think anyone here on ManGAF still questions if the persons in his avatar are men. In fact, I'd be shocked if they weren't.

It does suck when assholes on Twitter tell them "Dur I already read it, it not simultaneous" not realizing that telling them that is a bad idea.
But to be honest, it is confusing for the casual reader, who doesn't know about the scene. I bet if it weren't for Ignis or God's Beard, many here would be just as surprised.

upandaway

But to be honest, it is confusing for the casual reader, who doesn't know about the scene. I bet if it weren't for Ignis or God's Beard, many here would be just as surprised.
I think you're exaggerating a bit there. They're pretty clearly illegal fan efforts, even if a particular person won't know if they're uploaded before or after the official release.

That said the crew there would do well to put a little "Jump normally comes out in Japan on monday. Information about the contents is sometimes uploaded illegally a few days before then. Please support etc etc" copypaste message in key locations.

You should listen to the anime OST when you're reading it. The feels man.
I was talking about the anime! The music is the best thing ever.

Fox318

I don't think anyone here on ManGAF still questions if the persons in his avatar are men. In fact, I'd be shocked if they weren't.

QbZYBis.jpg

upandaway

I don't even know why the title of that chapter is for Asahi. Makes no sense!

But no, no Asahi in my side of the court. He's a swell guy sure, but Nishinoya has feet.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think you're exaggerating a bit there. They're pretty clearly illegal fan efforts, even if a particular person won't know if they're uploaded before or after the official release.

That said the crew there would do well to put a little "Jump normally comes out in Japan on monday. Information about the contents is sometimes uploaded illegally a few days before then. Please support etc etc" copypaste message in key locations.

I think the last thing they want to do is to tell the few readers they have that the content is out elsewhere earlier.

upandaway

I think the last thing they want to do is to tell the few readers they have that the content is out elsewhere earlier.
Well I tried to word it in the least offensive way but I'm not a professional worder, I don't know. Maybe even leave the middle part out (with a "this issue comes out in Japan today, we swear in our gokus" or something), the message should still kill some of the twitter messages that way.

Kurita

It does suck when assholes on Twitter tell them "Dur I already read it, it not simultaneous" not realizing that telling them that is a bad idea.

Some people are still doing this?
Jesus... I'd kill for something like the Shonen Jump Alpha (or whatever is the new name).

15: Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu Oneshot & 1-10
Sports manga about rugby, the manliest of sports. The one shot reads and looks like a BL. The author tones it down when the actual chapters start but you still get panels like this... Also, Akira (the main character) is friends with the ball. It has the typical starting as any other sports manga. A unknown loner genius enrolls into a high school and joins their rugby team. Tournaments and games ensue. Nice twist early on where it turns out the genius is being weighed down by his team.

Sports manga about rugby, the manliest of sports. The one shot reads and looks like a BL. The author tones it down when the actual chapters start but you still get panels like this... Also, Akira (the main character) is friends with the ball. It has the typical starting as any other sports manga. A unknown loner genius enrolls into a high school and joins their rugby team. Tournaments and games ensue. Nice twist early on where it turns out the genius is being weighed down by his team.

Been waiting for all three volumes of that to be done in english before started...theyve been kind of slow in doing it.

Kurita

WTF at that panel :lol

I'd like a good rugby manga, this sport deserves it. Not a generic shounen sports manga though. Something like REAL or Giant Killing.

Ippo 1004 - HAHAHAHAHA. About time we got some foul play. Can't wait to see what Mike does about this. As much as I want Volg to win, I don't want Mike to suddenly play fair and let Volg win. The whole point of the fight was that Mike had an unfair advantage to begin with.

bigkrev

I read the one shot. You weren't kidding when you said its a BL. I'll probably read the series, but I do hope they at least try to explain the rules of Rugby, because it incomprehensible to me.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ippo 1004 - HAHAHAHAHA. About time we got some foul play. Can't wait to see what Mike does about this. As much as I want Volg to win, I don't want Mike to suddenly play fair and let Volg win. The whole point of the fight was that Mike had an unfair advantage to begin with.

Cold blooded man, just cold. I was smiling and then tears...

Piecake

City of Darkness

Full color art is pretty cool, but man, what the hell is up with all of this telling, not showing? I can't fathom why a comic needs a 3rd person narrator box in every freakin panel. I dont think im going to stick with it

Kreed

Hajime No Ippo 1003-1004:

I shake my head every time I type out 4 digits for chapter numbers.

Anyway both of these chapters were bad for different reasons. Vorg getting a knock out blow was ridiculous, even if they were building towards that for weeks now. He should have just lost the fight after trying his best to get his knock out move and it should have ended with that. At the very least, his attack shouldn't have knocked out the champ vs maybe causing him to stumble a bit.

And the fact that now we have the guy who was winning the fight now being forced to cheat and once again make the US fighters seem foul/unhonorable...just completely unsatisfying.

Magi 173:

Yeah, I'm ready to see Aladdin go nuts, even though I still don't think he should be on the side of the Wizards. But seeing the Wizards getting dominated (and rightfully so) has gone on too long. Looking forward to seeing when Alibaba shows up again and what he decides to do.

Sold.

World Trigger 1
tumblr_inline_mi2hz8b3Wa1qz4rgp.png

Really great start. I hope Yuma and Osamu quickly become friends having shared that bullying experience. Replica is a neat little mascot type thing in its animal like form I think. I do like the Trigger abilities (though Osamu so weak). Perhaps Yuma can help him along.

WORLDTree

So I've been directed here and in short, my general manga/anime knowledge has fallen behind dramatically since I've caught up with video games, and while I stumbled on the new season list, I saw Shingeki no Kyojin was getting an anime, and after some research I saw that the series got REALLLL popular since the last time I read it.

Can anyone fill me in, I'm really curious considering how niche it was before?

You guys making it like I am such a cruel person or something like that ;__________;

You should've embraced it. Now people won't recognize his posts (because no one reads the username) and try to discuss with him. Right before the release of the big 3.

What have you done.

thank god his new avatar is easily recognizable

One-Punch Man 4
tumblr_mi34od42uR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was pretty suspenseful, to think he would be taken off guard like that against the subterranean creatures and worst to be bleeding so intensely, but then to have such power flowing through him, enough to make him scream out and blast his shirt off. Epic. If he can continue to win against these insurmountable foes (that boss creature looked stunning), then he may swiftly become one of the best characters in the genre.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One-Punch Man 4
tumblr_mi34od42uR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was pretty suspenseful, to think he would be taken off guard like that against the subterranean creatures and worst to be bleeding so intensely, but then to have such power flowing through him, enough to make him scream out and blast his shirt off. Epic. If he can continue to win against this insurmountable odds (that boss creature looked stunning), then he may swiftly become one of the best characters in the genre.

You realize the part where he was losing was a dream right? Reality was when he one shot everyone with minimal effort.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You guys ever experienced a feeling like everything that you try to do is meaningless in the end and all you can do in the end is just sighing in defeat?

Sorry, just a random thought.

Need a good manga to cheer me up. Guess I'm gonna read Yotsuba or My Girl again for the 100th time.

dramatis

So I've been directed here and in short, my general manga/anime knowledge has fallen behind dramatically since I've caught up with video games, and while I stumbled on the new season list, I saw Shingeki no Kyojin was getting an anime, and after some research I saw that the series got REALLLL popular since the last time I read it.

Can anyone fill me in, I'm really curious considering how niche it was before?
I don't know how long ago you read it, but SnK's volume sales exploded in Japan around volume 3. Word probably got around the west too, considering it's been a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom