• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's not a lick of constructive conversation here and just bunch of immature shitflinging, I guess I'll take my leave now then.

The thread can be legitimately enjoyable when Jump series aren't being discussed. I understand how you feel, but I do recommend that you not write it off based off of some Big 3 blather.

pretty much every person who posts in this thread already knows each other and is just in on a long, sarcastic joke.

I don't know, I can think of a few people who probably mean everything they post.

Stulaw

Hunter x Hunter 1-340

I have to say I'm impressed, the manga's great, I really like it, shame that the Mangaka's taking a break, I guess he needs it. My favourite characters so far outside of Gon and Killua are Hisoka and Biscuit, although I guess that's to be expected since they've had loads of screen time (so to speak). I didn't expect the Chimera Ant arc to be so long either. Neither did I expect that
Gon would meet Gin before the manga was reaching an end

Still, I can see why some people like it over "The Big Three", it's become one of my favourites.

That's a street car thank you very much.

lol, also another one here for an explanation of your tag.

Actually, nobody is being serious at all. Its basically just an in-joke - pretty much every person who posts in this thread already knows each other and is just in on a long, sarcastic joke. Not that it is, in fact, funny if you have to explain it.

Sometimes i wonder man, sometimes i wonder.

Kurita

I think if you were to look at the Venn diagrams, people who like Manga is a subset of people who like shit. (Me included) What were you expecting! ^_^

Also, are there any-free pixely avatars lying around? My one is kinda old and outdated now.
I'm not sure since Neoriceisgood did them for MangaGAF regulars a few months ago.

EDIT : oh well he answered!

The Big 3 summed up.

Bleach: Rule of Cool, the manga.
Your mileage may vary on the "cool"

One Piece: The Lore and Background is FAR more interesting than the actual plot.

Naruto: Orochimaru should've stayed the main villain, not these pussy ass muthafuckas crying about peace and sad because he didn't get to tap that before said girl tapped out.

Do you think anyone would want a bird as an avatar?

tumblr_mj7fahKr5n1qhbar8o1_1280.png

http://neorice.tumblr.com/image/44646646313

I've got a few birds to spare.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
OK, I didn't realise some casual fans liked current Nardo. Whatever floats your boat. Guess people are into villains with dumbass motives due to dumbass reasons, a war where only one named good guy dies, whose death meant jack all since he hasn't done anything since the last time he nearly died, Kages getting off paneled, unnecessary flashbacks, Sasuke's sudden shitty personality change, contrived plot devices, Itachi wank, etc.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on people that like Bleach.
Nothing wrong with Bleach fans. Cool by all standards.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You need to explain your tag, because it doesn't have a link in it.

There's nothing to explain. He cries in his car. I can't say if it has something to do with Bleach or not.

OK, I didn't realise some casual fans liked current Nardo. Whatever floats your boat. Guess people are into villains with dumbass motives due to dumbass reasons, a war where only one named good guy dies, whose death meant jack all since he hasn't done anything since the last time he nearly died, Kages getting off paneled, unnecessary flashbacks, Sasuke's sudden shitty personality change, contrived plot devices, Itachi wank, etc.

Nothing wrong with Bleach fans. Cool by all standards.

Well okay, perhaps this guys dead serious.

People dont like Sasuke when hes acting all world against him (which it is) then they dont like him when he is acting like the understanding little brother, and then when he is trying to do the right thing people still dont like him :/ Sasuke is a good character, Naruto too, and the war has been going well, much better than Bleachs, I mean we have all sorts of various ninja from various nations being active and showing their jutsus, and even have all our Kage/Hokage, what more could anyone ask for, even kid Madara,Hashirama.

Akito

I see Wednesday GAF is being Wednesday GAF once again, there's no way the chapters tomorrow can live up to this, is there?

I stopped using King Bradley for the time being, but still those are all awesome. I never knew you put them all together in one image. I may have found my new ipad wallpaper.

Ya I think I posted it in here when it was all complete, but the thread goes by fast sometimes.

/edit

Ahahahah, people actually wanna use bird sprites as avatars? Maybe I should make some of them avatar-sized then.

Lain

How many different manga do you buy, and do you have place for all of them?

A lot (all those are different series). Probably too much.
I do need to buy new shelves.

Damn... That's dirt cheap compared to France's prices.
Your average shounen costs at the very least 6.69 (really, that's the lowest price you'll see, thank you based Kurokawa for such low prices).
Vagabond costs 9.35, Punpun 7.45... So expensive...

Though ordering on Amazon is cheaper since there's a 5% discount.

Yeah, as cheap as they are here, without the Amazon discount (which is as high as 15% on Amazon.it) and other discounts on other online stores, it wouldn't be possible to buy so much.

Stinky

Spoilers are out

One Piece

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Luffy becomes da pirate kingu________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Naruto

______________________________________________________Hokage or somethin_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bleach

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________THE HEART________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Spoilers are out

One Piece

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The Heart.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Naruto

______________________________________________________The Heart._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bleach

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________THE HEART________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corrected

Wiseblade

Spoilers are out

One Piece

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Luffy becomes da pirate kingu________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Naruto

______________________________________________________Hokage or somethin_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bleach

imkwAkK59jNOP.gif

Spoilers are out

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

Bravo sir

Honestly it feels like this is the big "welcome back" party for Grimace, without him mangaf just isn't the same.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This is some next level ManGAF shit up in here. We are legion. Best community cause other motherfuckers don't measure the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom