• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 6

Well it had its moments when Hiruko came up with the plan and such but I don't know how I feel about them staying around.

Of the three new series, Hungry Joker had the best sixth chapter progress and developments, Shokugeki no Soma is pretty good too, and Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san is probably the least enjoyable one, just cant care for any of this manga.

Akito

My Girl
2 chapters in and it's already heart-wrenching on a pretty dangerous level. At least it seems like fluffy raising kid time is next in line.

Haikyuu!! x Nisekoi
tumblr_mfwoqdASWz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

what an infuriating chapter for what it id, surely the guys could have scored even once or something. Poor Kageyama and Hinata. Though liked the bonding with Tanaka, Raku, and Nishinoya at the end there.

survivor

Banned
I believe just some random kids living on the island, serving as a parallel to Kaoru and Sentarou.

Makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of another time skip and one of them was Kaoru's kid.

The extra volume was really good. One of my main problems with the manga was the lack of focus on Yurika and Junichi especially after they went to Tokyo so I was glad we got a story about them. I'm hoping Kodama's next manga, Tsukikage Baby, gets some translations soon. It has a kickass cover and premise

Dynedom

My Girl
2 chapters in and it's already heart-wrenching on a pretty dangerous level. At least it seems like fluffy raising kid time is next in line.

My Girl definitely tugs at your heart strings but not nearly as badly as say Aisheteru ze Baby (which is also charming but ;_; at times)

Puchitto Hajiketa 00b
tumblr_mft535FUF01rshzuyo1_500.png

Well the drinking game was funny but then the love hotel and so close. Guess his bottom trauma is so severe that even while recovering under the influence still alert enough to evade and try to make a move himself. Anyway was a really good addition to the first part of the chapter and wonder where it will go from here as no progress was made on this front and one left angry and so they did nothing unfortunately. The art for the characters is really good but for these two and their friends.

Sakamichi no Apollon Bonus Track

That was a very satisfying selection of side stories, especially the epilogue. Though expected, the closing developments for
Kaoru and Ritsuko's relationship
were perfect. I also really enjoyed the heightened focus on Junichi and Yurika.

Nisekyuu!! (Haikyuu!! x Nisekoi)

I chose to read this because it had Nisekoi in it. I'm not sure how that makes me feel.

Anyway, this was pretty entertaining. Though I couldn't imagine ever reading a proper volleyball series.

Kusagari

Nisekyuu!

I haven't read Haikyuu, but seeing those guys hate on Raku the whole chapter makes me want to.

The whole thing was definitely pretty fun. And I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Raku was looking directly at the reader when he questioned himself being popular.

I appreciate this post. I too liked the character art in the series, but I stopped reading when the rap scene started. I heard about how it goes on for a long time, and I decided to wait for more chapters to come out so I could marathon through that part. Well, I never got back to it. I guess I'll finish it now. The pacing was slow enough, I remember everything up to where I stopped. PEACE.

You're welcome. To be honest, I'd skip the rape drama and start from chapter 85, where he FINALLY starts saving the teacher. If I had known this, I definitely would've done it.

survivor

Banned
Basara vol 1
xzs92.jpg

I love this manga's ability of jumping between fantasy action and shoujo. One page you have a village being burned down and massacred, and then the next page you jump into a hot bath with the MC and the antagonist. I guess this being a shoujo means we do need this kind of romance plotline. It should be interesting to see how long it will last seeing how Sarasa is set on killing the Red King.

The first volume was pretty good. It appears to be a large scale epic fantasy series full of wars, deaths, and classic shoujo romance. It can't get any better than that.

Basara vol 1
xzs92.jpg

I love this manga's ability of jumping between fantasy action and shoujo. One page you have a village being burned down and massacred, and then the next page you jump into a hot bath with the MC and the antagonist. I guess this being a shoujo means we do need this kind of romance plotline. It should be interesting to see how long it will last seeing how Sarasa is set on killing the Red King.

The first volume was pretty good. It appears to be a large scale epic fantasy series full of wars, deaths, and classic shoujo romance. It can't get any better than that.
Goddamnit. I guess ill give it a read during the weekend. Have you tried 7 Seeds Survivor?

flawfuls

Basara vol 1
xzs92.jpg

It does. It's called Princess.

Fukurou-kun to Kare 1
tumblr_mfwrvel1eU1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really good start to this story with a new reporter who has to follow an up and coming baseball player for a week for a write up for a news story. To think it would go off into a romance between the two, and really good at times how he inspires him to do better and then the confession scene. Next chapter I think is a really good length so I wonder what trials they may face and how their relationship grows. Odd idiom.

scy

Nyotai-ka - I ... what. Just ... what. I think it even shounen'd itself eventually. I'll just leave this synopsis:

Manaka Makoto, a 24-year-old salaryman without a girlfriend, wakes up one morning suddenly changed into a female, and a knockout at that who attracts just about everyone of the opposite sex. And when he learns through a magical being that the only way he’s going to become male again is by getting aroused (as a woman) he tries to find a way back without any success. But when success finally comes and he switches back, he discovers that he will switch back and forth ANY time he gets close to someone sexually, and there are exceptions…

These things I read. Why.
Main pairing is cute, I'm confused a little by the second guy that's fucking everything that moves (as a girl) but it looks like that arc is wrapping up soon

Edit: Oh yeah, definitely NSFW to look into.

upandaway

Nisekyuu

That was pretty fun. Team HQ made it for me. Kageyama's sand boner :lol

Ubel Blatt

So basically the politics and war are out the window and it's a couple of insanely strong individuals fighting each other. Where did that Guts guy come from?

Looks interesting but I can't really form an opinion without knowing why any of these guys are doing what they're doing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nyotai-ka - I ... what. Just ... what. I think it even shounen'd itself eventually. I'll just leave this synopsis:

Manaka Makoto, a 24-year-old salaryman without a girlfriend, wakes up one morning suddenly changed into a female, and a knockout at that who attracts just about everyone of the opposite sex. And when he learns through a magical being that the only way he’s going to become male again is by getting aroused (as a woman) he tries to find a way back without any success. But when success finally comes and he switches back, he discovers that he will switch back and forth ANY time he gets close to someone sexually, and there are exceptions…

Main pairing is cute, I'm confused a little by the second guy that's fucking everything that moves (as a girl) but it looks like that arc is wrapping up soon

Yea, I had thought about posting that here but it seemed like a bit much even for ManGAF. Anytime him and the main girl do it they swap genders, which just brings it to a whole 'nother level of weird.

scy

Aunt Tits 62 - Guy route unlocked?!

Yea, I had thought about posting that here but it seemed like a bit much even for ManGAF. Anytime him and the main girl do it they swap genders, which just brings it to a whole 'nother level of weird.

smutGAF knows no bounds. I'm actually a little surprised I posted it here.

Yeah, the main pair have swapped genders a lot. I'm not entirely sure what's their current situation to be honest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits 62 - Guy route unlocked?!

smutGAF knows no bounds. I'm actually a little surprised I posted it here.

Yeah, the main pair have swapped genders a lot. I'm not entirely sure what's their current situation to be honest.

I don't think they know what their current situation is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1002

I feel like if Volg was going to lose, he would have already.

Honestly I was expecting that sideways upper to come out this chapter. I cannot believe that the old man would teach him the jab but not the upper. I really expect to see that punch at some point, if anything is going to win this it'll be that.

survivor

Banned
It does. It's called Princess.
Does the hiatus happen on a cliffhanger? I will probably end up reading the manga eventually.

Edit: Oh yeah, definitely NSFW to look into.
Skimmed through it. Too much talking and plot and not enough sex.

scy

Skimmed through it. Too much talking and plot and not enough sex.

The sex is pretty light and tame.

Except for some of the middle chapters.

And the recent arc (which is about a guy turning into a girl to have sex with random dudes for popularity or something?).

I regret typing that.

Rei > Chihiro. Not that I've read this or anything.

She flat out fucking disappeared. Not that I mind, though, Chihiro wins out eventually. Except not sure how I feel about her as a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom