• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Just so we're fool-proof, how many hours from now is it midnight in Translator Man timezone? Or uh, the timezone he's most likely to be in.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The sex is pretty light and tame.

Except for some of the middle chapters.

And the recent arc (which is about a guy turning into a girl to have sex with random dudes for popularity or something?).

I regret typing that.

She flat out fucking disappeared. Not that I mind, though, Chihiro wins out eventually. Except not sure how I feel about her as a guy.

Yea the whole thing is just freaky. I'm a bit shocked it hasn't become a smutgaf flavor of the month yet.

survivor

Banned
I post more than survivor in one thread and suddenly he's rebelling

here you go upandaway, now I made it easier for you to know when the new chapter will be released

t1357005600z2.png

Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu vol 1 (END)
I don't think I've ever come across a really good collection of short yuri stories, but this was probably the closest so far. I prefer it when the stories are all interrelated rather than when it jumps around to a different setting/characters every time. Art was decent too. 4 lilies out of 5.

She flat out fucking disappeared. Not that I mind, though, Chihiro wins out eventually.
Funnily enough, I largely lost interest in the series at that point!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Naruto
I skipped all the chapters after Sasuke freed Orochimaru or whatever, and read the last 2. So Sakura got shafted big time or what? She is on par with Ten-ten at this point in terms of relevance to the plot, maybe once Sasuke is back in the picture but man she got shafted big time. Deserved, though, I hated her character ever since the fake confession.

How's the current arc in Bleach? I need to catch up, and in One Piece too.

whoa new Vinland Saga chapters, too.

Aunt Tits 1-62

Because of all the hullbaloo on the last page I was forced to go read it.

I didn't even know it was that kind of manga but whatever I'm in too deep now.

The last chapter was quite the twist.

Naruto
I skipped all the chapters after Sasuke freed Orochimaru or whatever, and read the last 2. So Sakura got shafted big time or what? She is on par with Ten-ten at this point in terms of relevance to the plot, maybe once Sasuke is back in the picture but man she got shafted big time. Deserved, though, I hated her character ever since the fake confession.

How's the current arc in Bleach? I need to catch up, and in One Piece too.

whoa new Vinland Saga chapters, too.

I don't know if you missed the Pain arc (Sasuke is barely in this manga anymore, so I can't tell when he did what), but I wouldn't put my hopes too much on this. Hinata almost died once protecting Naruto, told him that she loved him and Naruto never gave a meaningful response.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know if you missed the Pain arc (Sasuke is barely in this manga anymore, so I can't tell when he did what), but I wouldn't put my hopes too much on this. Hinata almost died once protecting Naruto, told him that she loved him and Naruto never gave a meaningful response.

tbf apparently when she saved him in the Pain fight, after going kyuubi he didn't remeber what happened. not like the last 2 chapters, where he saw her dedication to him in first person and she was the one that knocked some sense into him when he was about to, for the very first time in the whole manga, go back on his word and ninja motto or whatever. he realized then she's been there the whole time for him, Sakura is fucked.

unless kishimoto decides to kill Hinata for whatever reason, which would be absolutely stupid at this point.

Neji sacrificed himself for the Naruto/Hinata ship, how fucking sad. One of the best characters in the manga :sigh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
tbf apparently when she saved him in the Pain fight, after going kyuubi he didn't remeber what happened. not like the last 2 chapters, where he saw her dedication to him in first person and she was the one that knocked some sense into him when he was about to, for the very first time in the whole manga, go back on his word and ninja motto or whatever. he realized then she's been there the whole time for him, Sakura is fucked.

unless kishimoto decides to kill Hinata for whatever reason, which would be absolutely stupid at this point.

Neji sacrificed himself for the Naruto/Hinata ship, how fucking sad. One of the best characters in the manga :sigh

Neji hasn't done jack shit since part 1. If he had to die for Hinata to wind up doing something then so be it. Not like any other girl has ever done anything.

scy

Yea the whole thing is just freaky. I'm a bit shocked it hasn't become a smutgaf flavor of the month yet.

I'm a bit surprised too. That's probably mostly why I posted it.

Funnily enough, I largely lost interest in the series at that point!

I liked her when she was introduced but it quickly became evident she wasn't going to be relevant in a triangle setup or anything. And then the whole "what? Date you?" thing. And then Chihiro's big confession.

But then, I'm not sure WHAT direction the story is going in anymore. I mean, now Chihiro has gender swapped too but we have a new guy-turned-girl that's randomly fucking everything that moves.

Then again, I also think a big part of my confusion is that there's an entire half a volume I'm missing! NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Edit: The god playing an MMO makes me laugh.

scy

Nyotai-ka, Volume 2 - See, not having an entire volume really fucks with my perception of things; then again, the fact that things flowed relatively well from Chapter 16 -> Chapter 25 is weird. Anyway, I missed the reintroduction of that triangle element and it being settled. So ... go figure, I guess? Rei needs a happy ending now.

Though now I'm even more perplexed with why Volume 3 is what it is. Still, expecting that Kei/Saki finish for this pairing, though no idea what Nanashi will end up doing.

Also, there was a lot of random sex in that bit I had apparently skipped. :lol

So yeah, I couldn't get past the first few pages of Molester Man.

The art is simply atrocious.

:/

I actually find the art really good for how rough the sketches are. I dunno.

Full Metal Alchemist 32-65

Do all monthly manga pack so much content into each chapter? Honestly this series has been a blast to read though so far another series I really shouldn't have waited so long to experience. The relationship between Ed, Al, and Roy is the highlight of the series, and how the plot is beginning to tie all the secondary characters into the main plot is great. Bradley makes a great villain, allowing both the brothers and Roy to continue pursuing their objectives while keeping them in permanent check is pretty spectacular.

Not a big fan of Ling becoming the 2nd Greed, then again I'm not a big fan of Ling's character at all. Compared to a lot of the well written supporting characters like Hawkeye, Barry The Chopper, and Havoc I feel the whole plot line with the east continues to go nowhere fast outside of introducing a convenient way for Ed/Al/Roy to power up their alchemy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Full Metal Alchemist 32-65

Do all monthly manga pack so much content into each chapter? Honestly this series has been a blast to read though so far another series I really shouldn't have waited so long to experience. The relationship between Ed, Al, and Roy is the highlight of the series, and how the plot is beginning to tie all the secondary characters into the main plot is great. Bradley makes a great villain, allowing both the brothers and Roy to continue pursuing their objectives while keeping them in permanent check is pretty spectacular.

Not a big fan of Ling becoming the 2nd Greed, then again I'm not a big fan of Ling's character at all. Compared to a lot of the well written supporting characters like Hawkeye, Barry The Chopper, and Havoc I feel the whole plot line with the east continues to go nowhere fast outside of introducing a convenient way for Ed/Al/Roy to power up their alchemy.

Fullmetal Alchemist is special.

Hakamori Majo Bianca 1-3 (END?)

Oneshots about an 'ugly', timid witch who guards a graveyard. Not usually big on shoujo, but the setting and characters are interesting/unusual enough that I'd follow it if it went any further. Also her love interests are a lycanthrope and her undead uncle (no, really).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just marathoned up to the latest Oyasumi Punpun chapter...

Molester Man better have a good ending or its going to be depression city :(

The only reason I could imagine it would go for the bad ending is to intentionally differentiate itself from Densha

thetechkid

So over the weekend I ended up finishing up Reborn and it ended the way I thought Reborn would end. Now to catch up Molester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom