• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
post of win

Pretty much.

If it was stuck at the Mangekyou it wouldn't be as bad (though still OP as fuck) but once it went with the Eternal version,etc it was just like bleh

He ought to be free from bondage, this is the final arc after all!

Lets see if the war will reach a point where the Shinigami gets desperate enough.

He needs to own this fodder for talking trash about him.

I'm in *wipes out fodder* I'm out.

gunbo13

Not like the end really matters, since there will just be another asspull by the author.
I don't know how a manga that started as an ecchi harem ended up with such a convoluted story. Ikeda just adds new family members when he gets stuck. Oh yea, this is her "other" sister and she is also a bitch. Even side characters get family members popping up to join canon. I miss the days when the moms came to school and tried to get their daughters to give their virginity to Tsukune. Now they are on an island in the sky or some shit. Everyone and their mother knows where they are. They send out enemies one at a time for no reason besides to look like some gladiator game. Moka is like cuddling with a giant thing straight out of Alien to like wake it up, while her yandere sis-con sister is being stupid. Then you even have immediate traitors, old school-mates showing up, and everyone showing off their lame shit after a training arc.

The only thing worse is the piece-wise bullshit that is Negima. And being stated to be similar to Negima is not a fucking compliment.

Magi 89

I bet those merchants of the Rem empire are for the dungeon capture.

This Toran empire sounds like that lost civilization from One Piece therefore will hear more about the future.

I want my dugeon capture already.

scy

I don't know how a manga that started as an ecchi harem ended up with such a convoluted story. Ikeda just adds new family members when he gets stuck. Oh yea, this is her "other" sister and she is also a bitch. Even side characters get family members popping up to join canon. I miss the days when the moms came to school and tried to get their daughters to give their virginity to Tsukune. Now they are on an island in the sky or some shit. Everyone and their mother knows where they are. They send out enemies one at a time for no reason besides to look like some gladiator game. Moka is like cuddling with a giant thing straight out of Alien to like wake it up, while her yandere sis-con sister is being stupid. Then you even have immediate traitors, old school-mates showing up, and everyone showing off their lame shit after a training arc.

The only thing worse is the piece-wise bullshit that is Negima. And being stated to be similar to Negima is not a fucking compliment.

lol panty shots -> whoamg fights -> whoamg zombievampirewtfhappenedtotheMC? -> I have no idea what's happening now.

Zetman 1
very different from the first episode of the anime.

regarding the art, I misjudged it from the few images that I've seen before. the anatomy and perspective are decent, I'm just not too fond of his style is all. it's hard to describe why I don't like it o I'll put it the best way I can. It's like a blend of traditional manga and anatomy that he learned from a book. I feel like he hasn't really practiced figure drawing extensively(from live models or pictures) and he's creating poses and gestures(and faces) from his knowledge but they don't look natural even though they might be technically correct.

gunbo13

lol panty shots -> whoamg fights -> whoamg zombievampirewtfhappenedtotheMC? -> I have no idea what's happening now.
It is so stupid. And yea, his whole ghoul/vampire thing is ridiculous. That is straight out of Kore wa Zombie Desu except the problem is that Ikeda is being serious. Not only that but he also got what, unlocked to be more of a ghoul when he was part ghoul/vampire? The process was acupuncture IIRC as well...

R+V wasn't even a good harem except for inner Moka who hits all the right chords for me. But at least the story made sense even if it was 10 ways from stupid. Monster school, normal kid goes there like a shithead, gets a female monster harem, school battles, and we're off. But that couldn't last for a fucking sequel...ugh...so Tsukune was going to be found out. Then he became part vampire...also part ghoul...Moka's cross broke...and then Moka got kidnapped....then we found out Moka is like her mom and inner Moka is the real...then we dream dived to pull her out of some sleeping beauty shit...then she got kidnapped again or something...then we have Chinese mob wars for forget what reason...then we have zombie sisters...then old master sage dude who is a pervert and can also turn into a young guy when he wants...then training arc...then diabolical underworld monster organization who is trying to awaken a monster that Moka's mom sealed...but we don't know why they want to fuck shit up except they are crazy assholes...oh and Moka has two sisters there...the dad was involved earlier...had a training arc where Tsukune got turned into some weird fucking thing...and...ugh...Ruby is sexy.

Did I miss anything? What a ball of shit.

Rosario + Vampire S2

I like how Tsukune went from a spineless harem protagonist to a ruthless anti-hero. He would seriously probably kill that fox dude 0_o

gunbo13

Rosario + Vampire S2

I like how Tsukune went from a spineless harem protagonist to a ruthless anti-hero. He would seriously probably kill that fox dude 0_o
That's the only acceptable positive for R+V along with the female designs. Mainly cause he was the typical shitty harem protag. It's just that his change is wrapped up in a virus of a story.
Not really the story is rather easy to understand .
I not saying it good or bad but it's nothing you can't keep track off or so out there .
A convoluted story doesn't necessarily mean it is hard to follow the narrative per say (like the event progression). It could mean that it is difficult to follow the logic behind it. Which in this case, is dead on. Making up shit as you go along seems quite accurate.

EDIT:
TL;DR - Asking "why" and not "how."

It is so stupid. And yea, his whole ghoul/vampire thing is ridiculous. That is straight out of Kore wa Zombie Desu except the problem is that Ikeda is being serious.

You do know that Rosario + Vampire started way before Kore wa Zombie Desu right .
If you want to say one series took something from another at least get the dates right .

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka January 2009
Rosario + Vampire S1 August 2004
Rosario + Vampire S2 November 2007

A convoluted story doesn't necessarily mean it is hard to follow the narrative per say (like the event progression). It could mean that it is difficult to follow the logic behind it. Which in this case, is dead on. Making up shit as you go along seems quite accurate.

The logic behind it not hard to understand also IMO.

ShinNL

Nurahiyon no Mago 1-196

Great manga. This was one of the hardest mangas to marathon through because it has so much content in each arc. The details in the panels are amazing. Took me a lot of separate days.

Accel World 1-10

I love stuff like this :D Too bad it's only 10 chapters for now :(

---

I've just been reading manga based on random titles I see listed in the thread or random panel screens. So now I'm looking for a new target. Any manga that has a good pacing, isn't one of the most popular 10 mangas in this thread (since I would probably already be reading it), some good-feel stuff and maybe well timed gags? I love stuff like TWGOK, Beelzebub and One Piece.

That's wasn't supposed to be a serious correlation...

It's hard to tell sometimes in this thread .

Accel World 1-10
I love stuff like this :D Too bad it's only 10 chapters for now :(

I just start checking out the light novel for that since the anime about to start .
People say its good so i will watch the anime instead of reading the manga that read the light novels if they translated pass the anime.

I've just been reading manga based on random titles I see listed in the thread or random panel screens. So now I'm looking for a new target. Any manga that has a good pacing, isn't one of the most popular 10 mangas in this thread (since I would probably already be reading it), some good-feel stuff and maybe well timed gags? I love stuff like TWGOK, Beelzebub and One Piece.

Yotsuba
Eyeshield 21
Choujin Gakuen
Skip Beat

upandaway

It's still in development stages but Anagle Mole is getting there
And also sorry for having the memory of an N64 but I don't remember if you read Magi, so there's always that if you didn't

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl
Trinity Seven

zetman 17
nV2etl.jpg

you do look pretty retarded there, jin.

Solune

Hayate no Gotoku
Sket Dance
Bamboo Blade
Minami-ke(4-koma, 4-koma rule is to check out the anime instead)
GTO
Angel Densetsu
Kyou Kara ore Wa

Because they are comedies and for the most part episodic they don't have pacing issues really. It's either you enjoy them or you don't.

Shoujo/Josei you may enjoy.

Kare Kano
Lovely Complex
Nodame Cantabile
Aishiteruze Baby

Solune

Mikity Blood 1

Well this was pretty awful. A girl from a gamer family goes off to school for highschool hijinx.. ok ok.. that's alright. Next thing they are warped into a parody of Pac-Man that eats Bob-ombs and people start dying.

Naruto is by far the dumbest manga currently out. I mean shit every damn chapter a new Sharingan technique is revealed. I liked this story better when it was just a few people had it, Itachi went postal. People had chakra limts, the average shinobi only knew a handful of jutsu.

Now it's Dragon Ball Z but shittier. At least in that manga Goku didn't get new fucking skills every three chapters with NO EXPLANATION other than....OH HERE'S ANOTHER JAPANESES GOD lololololollamo

Fuckin A.

Naruto is by far the dumbest manga currently out. I mean shit every damn chapter a new Sharingan technique is revealed. I liked this story better when it was just a few people had it, Itachi went postal. People had chakra limts, the average shinobi only knew a handful of jutsu.Fuckin A.

I dont understand, you liked it when Itachi had it, and this chapter, Itachi is the one getting it and you somehow dislike it? Weve gained nary a Sharingan user, I could understand if Kabuto had it but still just the original Uchiha.

Bossun

The worst is that Sasuke used to have an awesome way of fighting, he was fast, smart and ingenious. He had to. He used a lot of different techniques..ect

Now he put Susanoo on and stay there or just walk slowly trying to do a bad ass pose. Seriously....

The worst is that Sasuke used to have an awesome way of fighting, he was fast, smart and ingenious. He had to. He used a lot of different techniques..ect

Now he put Susanoo on and stay there or just walk slowly trying to do a bad ass pose. Seriously....
yea I hate susanoo, it's like the anti ninja power. All the user does is stand around and make this huge chakra statue due all the work. It doesn't even look cool and all it does is smash shit around.

Dresden

what is this series?

[Okayado@Inui Takemaru] Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Ch.1 (COMIC RYU 2012-05)

[オカヤド@乾武丸] モンスター娘のいる日常 第一話 (COMICリュウ 2012-05)

survivor

Banned
Magi vol 2

Meh, standard shounen shit. The only thing that is interesting is the mythology and settings but I doubt it will be enough to make me keep reading. Hopefully better characters show up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom