• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMehm

I'm on the fence on buying a tablet for college purposes, but I can't really decide which would be best overall (wanting to read manga on it as well). So which has the better manga reader? An iPad or an Android tablet (Galaxy Tab)?

upandaway

I'm on the fence on buying a tablet for college purposes, but I can't really decide which would be best overall (wanting to read manga on it as well). So which has the better manga reader? An iPad or an Android tablet (Galaxy Tab)?
Seems like an iPad is the clearly better choice here, but you probably won't screw yourself if you choose wrong. I know iPads are loved for manga here and I was more than fine with Android software - the reader has customizable touch zones (which is sex for my brain) and it has tons of resizing filters you can choose from. So either choice seems fool proof for manga.

You should probably choose based on other aspects and be relieved that manga isn't a variable

sixclaws

Banned
Huh. Well I'll be...

Also, will Hana finally get to pee on Kyoshi?

I don't think so cause why would she tell him to take off his pants while holding the canister instead of just pouring it on him. I say that she has him pee into the canister and through some mishap it spills on her.

I don't think so cause why would she tell him to take off his pants while holding the canister instead of just pouring it on him. I say that she has him pee into the canister and through some mishap it spills on her.

Oh maybe Chiyo will arrive in the act. That will be hilarious.

GE

A chapter about characters I don't care about.

And Shou and Utsumi makes such a shitty couple...ugh, time to stop reading it again for a while it seems.

Finally back from my sentence and just wanted to say sorry to my mangabro's Stat and DTL if you guys were banned because of my discussion! Don't feel like summoning up memories of the past couple weeks of chapters for everything I read so I'll just wait for this week's portion.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Finally back from my sentence and just wanted to say sorry to my mangabro's Stat and DTL if you guys were banned because of my discussion! Don't feel like summoning up memories of the past couple weeks of chapters for everything I read so I'll just wait for this week's portion.
Welcome back breh. I didn't forget about you either. And no worries. I'll gladly take a week if it means honestly helping out a ManGAF Breh.

And also, no manga this week :|

Welcome back breh. I didn't forget about you either. And no worries. I'll gladly take a week if it means honestly helping out a ManGAF Breh.

And also, no manga this week :|

<3

Ah man, Golden Week? Curse you Golden Week! At least there's the NFL draft, it's this week's hotness for me.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I caught up with TWGOK. I was at the point right when Keima was starting this plan to see whether Chihiro had a goddess.

Wow. I can't believe he rejected Chihiro so harshly. Elsie is still so cute. I lol'd at Keima meeting Ayumi's parents and the banter that happened. So we have four weeks until another chapter?

So do you guys think that the manga will end after the Goddesses or not?

survivor

Banned
Giant Killing vol 4

Ah yes of course, we can't have a soccer manga without the feared Brazilian players. And this time there is 3 of them. Triple the trouble.

ETU sure got their ass handed to them first 5 games. I find it funny how somehow the defence was the problem. You would think that Tsubaki fucking up or Gino being a lazy bastard would be a bigger issue but whatever. And speaking of Gino, I wonder why he never left the team before. I don't see any reason for him to stay in a club where they probably don't pay that much and he seems pretty skilled so he can move up to better paying clubs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't care what Japanese men say in some survey. They didn't evolve out their biological imperative. It's just a bullshit facade, probably and ironically to pick up chicks.

I caught up with TWGOK. I was at the point right when Keima was starting this plan to see whether Chihiro had a goddess.

Wow. I can't believe he rejected Chihiro so harshly. Elsie is still so cute. I lol'd at Keima meeting Ayumi's parents and the banter that happened. So we have four weeks until another chapter?

So do you guys think that the manga will end after the Goddesses or not?
Of course not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Japan's demographics crisis is very real.

They're just not having as much sex as they should.

Not counting immigration, the United States has a borderline regressionary population. Our birthrate is like 2.06 per female, which is slightly higher than replacement rate. We just have a high rate of immigration and Japan doesn't. They didn't forget how to use their man parts.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Recommendation time.
Looking for some manga where the protagonist eventually becomes the antagonist/fallen hero. Can't think of any off-hand...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Death Note.

But you've probably already read that.

::thinks some more::

Haly

If Ubel Blatt ever finishes and gets a prequel that would also count.

It's pretty common in anime but for some reason it's less common in manga. Maybe flawfuls or cosmic can englighten us because tvtropes is no help.

survivor

Banned

It's pretty common in anime but for some reason it's less common in manga. Maybe flawfuls or cosmic can englighten us because tvtropes is no help.

Is shota elf really an antagonist? Compared to everyone else he is a saint.

Haly

Well yes you have a point there. I was looking at it from a "fall from grace" point of view, and Koinzell/Ascherit definitely counts for that.

upandaway

Death Note.

But you've probably already read that.

::thinks some more::
Medaka Box had that going to a degree! Though he read that too.
I guess if you're really lenient about it Sengoku Youko might count.. maybe? Not really, guess not..

Yeah that's all I got.

Haly

Another example of protagonist->antagonist transformation in animanga that instantly comes to mind is Lelouch, but then again he's pretty much Light.

Recommendation time.
Looking for some manga where the protagonist eventually becomes the antagonist/fallen hero. Can't think of any off-hand...

I don't know if I'd agree with either Ubel Blatt or Death Note. I mean Light was pretty evil from the beginning and Koinzell is pretty anti-heroish the whole time.

Bloody Monday might count, but it's kind of gotten really dumb. Maybe Saitama Chainsaw Girl, but the girl was also pretty nuts from the beginning.

Only ones I can REALLY think of are Arachnid and Mirai Nikki. It seems to be more common to just have a straight up villain as a protagonist.

Edit: Oh, I guess there's also Akame ga Kiru, but it kind of happens in the first chapter.

Oh, and Nanika Mochigattemasu ka. That's a good one.

I guess Aku no Hana might count, but the main dude doesn't really become evil or a villain or anything like that; he just completely loses it.

Tokyo Esp

Yay, first translated chapters in over half a year and it's a whole volume!

Some good stuff going on. I still love Rinka and her crazy facial expressions.

Not counting immigration, the United States has a borderline regressionary population. Our birthrate is like 2.06 per female, which is slightly higher than replacement rate. We just have a high rate of immigration and Japan doesn't. They didn't forget how to use their man parts.

What is our rate of immigration?

Tenjou Tenge
Finally got around to reading this. Seems standard shounen stuff with a lot of quality sexy sexy.

But... that last 50 chapters or so... wtf just happen?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Tenjou Tenge
Finally got around to reading this. Seems standard shounen stuff with a lot of quality sexy sexy.

But... that last 50 chapters or so... wtf just happen?

KTUGz.jpg

"The story of my mangas, bro."

Azure J

Magi

Finally picked this one up and man, it's hitting all the right notes. I was originally going to hold off on posting until later today, but I just finished chapter 21 and well...

;_;

neoanarch

A bunch of Kids on the Slope chapters were just put up. At least 3 volumes worth. it has a completely different feel to the anime. Its really sweet and melancholy so far. The anime has a pretty good pace. episode one would have been the first 3 chapters and nothing feels left out.

KTUGz.jpg

"The story of my mangas, bro."

Truth.

Always forget he also does the Air Gear. Stop reading about December, so catching up right now. Is it just me, or does he just read the news and improves some story/battle/exposition about that in the manga?

Because that would be highly ludicrous... and kinda awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom