• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally back from my sentence and just wanted to say sorry to my mangabro's Stat and DTL if you guys were banned because of my discussion!

Welcome back. Well it wasnt all for naught as it gave me time to marathon anime uninhibited.

Air Gear 36 - 41
tumblr_m31cssv6iW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kazu got his epic moment. Speed is a good one for him and unique to the team. In terms of skill, I like his focus and Ikki's. Ikki's battle was hilarious and fast and the trick was one of his best so far. I kind of hope they get back onto the kings plotline soon because I think they have enough of their team and dynamics sorted out. Spitfire must return and Agito needs to battle again.

craker

Crap, no Jump this week... What a bummer. Is it because of Golden Week in Japan?

Actually Golden week is next week. It starts this Saturday. So who knows why there is no Jump this week. Maybe they wanted to have an issue during Golden week for the kids to read while they're at home?

Sai

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei might be interesting, if it doesn't stray too far into harem/romcom territory... Anybody take a peak at the light novels?

Actually Golden week is next week. It starts this Saturday. So who knows why there is no Jump this week. Maybe they wanted to have an issue during Golden week for the kids to read while they're at home?
Scans of SJ are leaked a week or two ahead of time.

craker

Scans of SJ are leaked a week or two ahead of time.

Ah I see. I didn't know that. I haven't looked at an issue of Jump at the convenience store for a while, so I didn't know that I was actually ahead of it. Thanks for the info.

Truth.

Always forget he also does the Air Gear. Stop reading about December, so catching up right now. Is it just me, or does he just read the news and improves some story/battle/exposition about that in the manga?

Because that would be highly ludicrous... and kinda awesome.

If you're talking about the 1% thing, probably not unless he keeps up with US politics.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What are y'all so mad about? It's GOLDEN WEEK! I don't know about you, but I've got some Golden Week parties to get to.

Don´t all manga take a break on golden week?

More likely.

I was thinking more of smut manga being around to catch up on until Wednesday is restored (since catching up on stuff will be the best alternative right now). If you meant in terms of releasing a new chapter then i will concede

No. My second favorite fight is Shikamaru vs. Temari.

*thumbs up* (rank aside as that should be #1 imo)

survivor

Banned
Giant Killing vol 5

Prince you magnificent bastard. See this manga likes to hype nobodies like Tsubaki or Murakoshi but the real star of ETU is Prince. Think about it, all their offence begin by the playmaker Prince. He coordinates the attacks, he knows when to pass to Sera or Akasaki. And unlike Tsubaki, he is not some drone that just runs around the field like a dog, he got style and knows when not to waste his energy.

Game against Nagoya was intense and amazing. The Brazilian trio was awesome and the trick of Carlos being the star of it all was pretty nice. Kuroda was also awesome in this game.

I also finally managed to get the names of everyone on the team. I was missing 3 defenders names but this game gave them all few panels to appear in so now I know all the players. I know it's not important since only like 5 of them will ever have character developments but it always bothers me when I'm missing few players.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh, but there's so many good fights to choose from in Part 1...Smh.
What are y'all so mad about? It's GOLDEN WEEK! I don't know about you, but I've got some Golden Week parties to get to.
But I can't go without the girl I like. She's ignoring my email invitations.

Naruto

I just re-watched Rock Lee vs. Gaara fight. It´s still my favorite fight in Naruto.

sogood.gif That's up there for me as well. Shikimaru's fights are always awesome and of course enjoyed the fallout between Naruto and Sasuke at the end of pt.1 Gaara and drunken Rock Lee vs Kimmimoto or whatever the bone guy's name was was pretty sweet too. Man, so many good fights in pt.1, indeed. Ironically, one of the best fights in Shippuden is Sakura's lolz

upandaway

Shaman King 282

Wait wait, this was supposed to end in 3 chapters? They're still going at the same pace as they did the last 20 chapters.

When the hell did they tell the dude he's getting cancelled?

By the way who would've thought announcer dude would have the best fight. He was such a boss.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Shikamaru vs. Hidan
Jiraiya vs. Pain
Sasuke vs. Itachi
(1st half of) of Naruto vs. Pain
4-Tails Naruto vs. Orochimaru

All of them are better than Sakura vs. Sasori...

Thinking of this made me think of how little fights there have been in Part 2 that are great...

survivor

Banned
Anyone know what the 10th volume of Usagi Drop is about? I just saw it being translated.

Seeing this news and no WSJ this week, I decided to to go back to Usagi Drop. Might as well finish reading Yotsuba Done Right: The Manga

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anyone know what the 10th volume of Usagi Drop is about? I just saw it being translated.

Seeing this news and no WSJ this week, I decided to to go back to Usagi Drop. Might as well finish reading Yotsuba Done Right: The Manga

D= describes Usagi Drop pretty well.

Btooom! 45

Man, for a moment
I thought the bim would rebound on Himiko boob and get back to Date
lol.

I thought that too. That scene totally lowered the tension there, lol.

Shaman King 282

Wait wait, this was supposed to end in 3 chapters? They're still going at the same pace as they did the last 20 chapters.

When the hell did they tell the dude he's getting cancelled?

It's one of the most abrupt endings I have ever seen in a manga.

Solune

I don't know if I'd call it "done right", unless you want certain things... "done".

So I caught up on Air Gear.

the whole 1% nonsense is pretty hilarious and w/e is happening makes infinitely more sense than Tenjou Tenge. Not much boobs though =/

Wonder what Oh Great will do after this.

Cwarrior

Naruto

I just re-watched Rock Lee vs. Gaara fight. It´s still my favorite fight in Naruto.

the best fight in naruto are

Rock lee vs gaara(still the best fight in the series)
shikamaru vs temari
shikamaru vs hidan(by far the best thing to happen in shippuden plus the anime team went all out and made it better)
shikamaru vs curse seal girl

not much variety in characters

3rd hokage vs orichimaru would be on there if you ignore the multiple episode of sword tug of war

naruto vs sasuke didn't make the list cause of the fight was like 5 episode with the first 3 episode being made up of badly paced crap, retcon flash backs,some long emo/homo conversation with the 4th episode containing the stuff happening.

worst fights in naruto

naruto vs neji(if i had to vote for the worst fight of the entire naruto this would have my vote, get destroyed by genius dude for multiple episode only to make a come back by beating the guy who can see through anything with a single punch from the ground)

naruto vs kakuza(when naruto caught wind of a good arc might actually happen in shippuden, he made haste to show up and ruin it cause he won't allow good arc to happen on his watch)

jiraya vs orachimaru vs tsundae vs kabuto vs naruto also that other useless woman thats with tsunda with pig(don't even remind of that arc dear god it was fucken awful every single thing it was terrible all the fights, also thanks to this arc I will never be able to take kabuto seriously his a joke that got one hit K.O by kid naruto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom