• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Medaka Box

LOL. "Remember how Zenkichi asked for a skill that only took away random chance or plot armor from the equation but otherwise he was still completely normal? Yeah...we were just fuckin' with you and he actually got one of Medaka's most broken powerups."

It's not like he won the luck of the draw and had to face the wea...kest...oh, right.

Fairy Tail

Natsu is so dumb. Hoping that he gets owned next chapter.

Gamaran

This fight will be so good.

The Breaker: New Waves

The MC is finally paying for being a idiot lol.

survivor

Banned
Explain please. I have it in queue and would like to skip it if I'm going to have to deal with garbage.
How comfortable are you with seeing your little guy bleed?

Say no more.

Only in the sense that it's about a girl forcing a guy to do weird things. The structure is different, it's more about adventures of the club he is in and weird shit she does to him instead of them developing their relationship like in MGX. Though I only read first 2 volumes so far so dunno how it will progress

Maron

Here is a clip of Oda drawing .
This is a off screen cam video from the OP ten event , he is doing a color page.
Can't remember if this was post already .

http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0228/v...XBmb3J1bXMub- mV0Ai9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocA==&wd=

Gotten from AP.

Thanks for sharing!

Didn't know manga artists drew this way...I mean, I know they did the rough version (for the storyboard) but I didn't know it was that rough and thought they headed straight to the inks from that stage. I'm very surprised because it appears in essence that they're practically drawing the same thing 3 times (I mean, I know technically the rough doesn't count but still). And they somehow manage to make this work for a weekly schedule?

Guesong

Fairy Tail

I hope that Natsu beats Genma, just because it'd be different than the usual shonen trope of getting beaten badly only to have a revenge fight later and win.

Fairy Tail

I am surprised that Lucy did not take the keys. But they will be her. I had to laugh when Lucy said that Natsu has grown, and 5 pages later show that he has not grown at all. I can´t wait to see Gamma kicks Natsu´s ass.

Maron

I thought it was because of this (taken from Something Awful):

I know I'm late in replying but thanks for clearing that up. I thought the idea of it being meant to be racist didn't really make sense...

Fairy Tail

Liked the Gray and Erza scene, I was surprised to actually see the Juvia thing acknowledged. But if Natsu wanted this to be really cool he should've offered to also leave FT if he loses. He acts so cocky but he can't make a fair bet 'cause he wants to cover his own ass.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

I wanna say that it's too soon for Natsu to win, but really, Gildarts aside (which was great), I should know better than to expect this out of Fairy Tail.

Every time I think it'll be fine and logical if Natsu actually loses, he pulls out some broken power and wins.

That said I like how he just barged in, fuck everything.

Gamaran

Y'know, emperor-man, I don't want you to take this personally, I don't want you to think I'm judging you, but.. you could be slightly more... picky, during your hiring interviews.

Medaka Box

LOL. "Remember how Zenkichi asked for a skill that only took away random chance or plot armor from the equation but otherwise he was still completely normal? Yeah...we were just fuckin' with you and he actually got one of Medaka's most broken powerups."

Thought the same thing, but I learned to just forget it. Don't believe Nishio lies!

upandaway

Fairy Tail

Liked the Gray and Erza scene, I was surprised to actually see the Juvia thing acknowledged. But if Natsu wanted this to be really cool he should've offered to also leave FT if he loses. He acts so cocky but he can't make a fair bet 'cause he wants to cover his own ass.
But the entire point is that one failure shouldn't mean being abandoned by your guild (so why would he offer to quit after a failure). He wasn't really making a bet, he was saying either the guy is all talk, or his practice will backfire on him

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

I hope this doesn't somehow end in Natsu being so heavily injured he'll have the biggest handicap ever during his event match, lol.

It would be hilarious if the next chapter just opened with Natsu in the hospital.

Natsu is such a shit character though. Literally every aspect of his character is poorly executed retread. Mashima needs to refocus the series as a action-comedy featuring Juvia stalking random people.

Fairy Tail
tumblr_m3v87mcptn1r5elreo1_500.png

Pretty cool chapter. Sting had an epic panel even, definitely one of Mashima's best designs, needs more screentime. Natsu apologizing was shocking, it gave me an even greater appreciation for him and doing all for his new nakama, Gemma will be brutally destroyed (Natsu already wiped out seven members just barging in). Gray's face was funny.

Fairy Tail

I hope this doesn't somehow end in Natsu being so heavily injured he'll have the biggest handicap ever during his event match, lol.

That doesnt seem likely. Why would Natsu some how end up losing or being so injured in this new guild fight that he would be incapacitated in his own event. He already gave his treatise on friends this arc, so he should be in the mode of just annihilating any opponent easily. It will be shocking if Mashima managed to deliver it in your way.

upandaway

Magi (after 6 entire days)

Wait, how the hell did he reattach his limbs?

They're becoming pretty liberal with their usage of magic lately.

Za Warudo God Only Knows (after 3 entire weeks)

Then what was the point of hiding from him, if you were just gonna come out as if no hiding activity had been performed. Keima could have really used some opposition factions when a suicidal knife woman was stabbing Haqua in a particular part of her body (one necessary for her to breathe, at that).

I dunno. What if Keima wasn't confident he could get away with that stunt (as in, he really couldn't if it weren't for them), and wouldn't have done it? Wouldn't have hurt to let him in on some intel.

Kongou Banchou

Bungaku Banchou should use her power for more lethal things like becoming Death.

Magi

My guess the guy reattached himself because he is a zombie maybe his the guy who died to protect the woman.

The World God Only Knows

Sheesh what a bossy woman but damn she was hot in that dress. And Mercury shes just like Luffy lol. Now Katsuragi can go back to Yokkyun since he got ridden of Ayumi.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

I pretty much have no idea what happened other than there was some hnnng and Akari was there.

TWGOK

I pretty much have no idea what happened other than there was some hnnng and Akari was there.

They went kiss and then ayumi went tsuntsun but keima wanted to do it his way so he went even more tsuntsun which made aymui go for it because she wanted to play by her own rules and they had a tsuntsun kiss which made the angel come out and then the baddies came to kill the angel but then there were good guys to save the angel and then all was good and some good guys showed up and were like YOU DID WELL KEIMA and then they were all gone and then chihiro-chan was like hey keima what happened and keima said that the angel thing just happened and ayumi flew away-way and then chihiro was like i did not see that ohwell i better go practice for the festival~uguu.

And that's pretty much what happened.

upandaway

Shingeki no Kyojin

Will you stop for once for a DAMN SECOND AND LET ME THINK GEEZ

stop throwing all that shit at me when I don't get what's going onnnnnn

no i'm not freaking out, i just.. okay, so there's this fucking crystal thing. okay. i dunno what the hell but whatever. her dad was in it too or something. then that silly goose face showed up. boy that scared me.

woah, okay. i'm good.

now let's put the crystal in the microwave and a delightful flower will grow from annie's nose

Shibatora 1-12

Nah, I'm out. It's a pretty decent series, but just not for me.

Shingeki no Kyojin 33

Never get tired of seeing Mikasa being a bosHOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT DOING THERE

So much new manga, let's see, from shit to hit...

The Breaker: New Waves

I swear, I have no idea what anybody's name is or what their motivations are, I'm in it for the fights and therefore this week was shit.

Fairy Tail

rofl typical Natsu at the end. This arc is just so damn slow, nobody gives a shit about that non-character and how she was kicked out of Sabretooth. Take the keys already and forget her ffs.

Gamaran

Matsumoto doesn't fuck around. It's gonna be an awesome fight against this creep, I can smell it.

Magi

Interesting developments, I could stand some more chapters of this fight. Whatshisface is nowhere to be seen sadly, I just hope that him getting Zagan won't be too much of an ass-pull.

Shingeki no Kyojin

Mikasa was great as usual and holy shit at that last page. They struggled so hard to get Annie and now some other dude shows up. If this gets in the way of finding out what Annie's deal is, I swear...

Fuck this, I don't want to wait for another month :(

Angry Grimace

They went kiss and then ayumi went tsuntsun but keima wanted to do it his way so he went even more tsuntsun which made aymui go for it because she wanted to play by her own rules and they had a tsuntsun kiss which made the angel come out and then the baddies came to kill the angel but then there were good guys to save the angel and then all was good and some good guys showed up and were like YOU DID WELL KEIMA and then they were all gone and then chihiro-chan was like hey keima what happened and keima said that the angel thing just happened and ayumi flew away-way and then chihiro was like i did not see that ohwell i better go practice for the festival~uguu.

And that's pretty much what happened.

lGLhZ.gif

upandaway

Sankababu

Considering Babu is merely becoming more like zombies in media, he's taking it hard. I didn't think he'd burn him that easily.

Now that I think about it Rea could communicate with Babu, that would be horrifying if she could understand him while he was burning, in pieces and drugged cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom