• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex Fabula vol 1

Well this seems interesting. I know "fears" being the enemy isn't an original concept, but I like how it's used here. Will continue. Could be the first battle josei I don't drop because of the art.

Kusagari

Medaka Box:

Wow...this chapter actually gave a very fitting reason for why Medaka never shows interest in Zenkichi. She's not asexual, she's just, as Zenkichi himself has said, so smart that she falls back into stupid.

Zekes!

Medaka Box

Man I loved this chapter.

"Eh...that's a no"

And the whole shit with fighting on the jet is fucking funny. Can't wait until next week.

It's hilarious that Medaka probably thinks she's "respecting Zenkichi's wishes" when really he's like "Fuck, no! Don't respect my wishes, woman! I was a retarded 2 year old!"

upandaway

BLOOD LAD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

wan wan
ah--

It's been 30 minutes since I saw this and I'm still laughing. This manga, man. This manga.

Medaka Box

This sounds like a Zenkichi confession this arc. Can't wait for Medaka's reaction, her head's not even there anymore.

Upandaway, you read Suicide Island?
Not yet. It was one of the next in line, but then things happen and my wishlist is in hibernation right now, drinking tea and reminiscing its childhood.

Articalys

Medaka Box

I do wonder where the rest of Team Trolling went though.

On a side note, I hope the running gag with Naze having to give in to Maguro's fetishes to get the helicopter, plane, etc. keeps going.

Guys i have a question:

If Bleach were to suddenly just STOP tomorrow, i.e cancelled, dropped from publisher, Kubo thrown on the street, COLD TURKEY no more chapters, no ending, all merchandising halted, would you be sad or glad?

i would personally feel kinda....relieved?

Guys i have a question:

If Bleach were to suddenly just STOP tomorrow, i.e cancelled, dropped from publisher, Kubo thrown on the street, COLD TURKEY no more chapters, no ending, all merchandising halted, would you be sad or glad?

That would be sad, as a Grimmjow fan, I would feel disappointed since he has yet to be resolved.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Until we get a solid chapter of just black pages with text on, Bleach hasn't reached it's final form and true power yet so it can't end.

Dammit. It´s not enough that Kishi has shoved the Uchiha crap down my throat, i had to have seen some girls cosplay Sasuke and Itachi in walking street.

Guys i have a question:

Lol, what a vivid silly fantasy you have there.

gunbo13

That's a classy wishlist. I bet Gunbo's wishlist is doing coke off the ass crack of a dead hooker.
Hmm...could be. I haven't watched what it has been doing lately.

Coke snorting wishlist
1/2 Prince (cont..)
Aflame Inferno
Aiki
Aku no Hana
Akumetsu
Alive: The Final Evolution
Angel Sanctuary
Ashita Dorobou
Attack of the Titans
Belief & Sex
Berserk (cont..)
Beyond the Blindfold (cont..)
Black Lagoon (cont..)
Blue Exorcist (cont..)
Bokura ga Ita
Btooom!
Choujin Gakuen (cont..)
Claymore (cont..)
Conveni-N
D.Gray-man (cont..)
Dance in the Vampire Bund (cont..)
Flame of Recca (finish)
Fruits Basket (finish)
Fujimura-kun Meitsu
Full Metal Panic! Σ (cont..)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi (finish)
His and Her Circumstances (finish)
Ga-rei
Gangsta
Gantz (cont..)
Ghost Hunt (finish)
Gokusen
Hayate no Gotoku! (cont..)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (cont..)
Id
It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kämpfer
Kannagi (cont..)
Koimoku
Koukou Debut
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu
Last Exile - Travelers from the Hourglass
Last Game
Love So Life
Mahoraba (finish)
Mahou Tsukai Kurohime (finish)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Meteor Methuselah (finish)
Pandora Hearts (cont..)
Prunus Girl
Sai:Taker
Sekirei (cont..)
Silver Spoon
Solanin
Soul Eater (cont..)
Suashi no Meteorite
Superior † (cont..)
Threads of Time
To Aru Majutsu no Index (cont..)
Tokyo Crazy Paradise (finish)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Übel Blatt
Video Girl Ai (finish)
Watashi no Messiah-sama (finish)
Witch Hunter
Yume Tsukai
Yumekui Merry
Zeroin (finish)

Interesting. Maybe some helpful people can cross the shit off and leave the gems. Cause that list is almost as big as my reading list.

survivor

Banned
Interesting. Maybe some helpful people can cross the shit off and leave the gems. Cause that list is almost as big as my reading list, which sits at about 100.

I got this

Attack of the Titans
Belief & Sex
Berserk (cont..)
Blue Exorcist (cont..)
Choujin Gakuen (cont..)
Conveni-N
Prunus Girl
Silver Spoon
SOLANIN
Soul Eater (cont..)
Übel Blatt

gunbo13

I got this

Attack of the Titans
Belief & Sex
Berserk (cont..)
Blue Exorcist (cont..)
Choujin Gakuen (cont..)
Conveni-N
Prunus Girl
Silver Spoon
SOLANIN
Soul Eater (cont..)
Übel Blatt
Once I catch up on my reading list (I swear, this is the weekend!), then probably Attack of the Titans and Conveni-N.
Why not keep delaying Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater until they get further/finish?
That's possible. I need more romcom added to the list above though.

upandaway

Interesting. Maybe some helpful people can cross the shit off and leave the gems. Cause that list is almost as big as my reading list.
My wishlist sits at 109 (reading at 65). Though like 120% of it are Kano one-shots I still haven't read.

And gun-man you still haven't read Belief & Sex? Seems like it's right up your alley.

Going over your.. I don't see.. wait.

Fujimura-kun Meitsu

The name is.. wait. It's on my wishlist too, I know this... wait wait wait. Is it where this is from?

Dragonball 28 - 112

The Tenkaichi Budokai was probably my favorite arc in the volumes. Goku v Jackie Chun was hilarious and epic, for the sake of the dual kamehameha and Master Roshi's dedication to besting his pupils. Arcs after that were dull, kind of wasnt enjoying the weak enemies Goku faced alone.

The arc with Tao Pai Pai was probably my second favorite, Lieutenant was hilarious, and apart from Goku's loss (worst part of the arc, dont understand why he needed to lose), he did come out super strong in the end.

It will be funny if Shenlong gets tired of being summoned.

Kusagari

A Town Where You Rage 1-141

I knew I shouldn't have decide to read this 'infamous' manga on a whim. I've always avoided it because of the infamy surrounding it, but I was bored and thought what the hell. Man...this manga pisses me off so much it's unbelievable.

I want to punch the main character in the face so bad for doing that to Asuka. What the fuck is so great about Eba?

And was I really supposed to empathize with Eba for getting with that guy because he was dying? Come the fuck on.

El Sloth

Banned

Coke snorting wishlist

where are the dead hookers

Zekes!

My wishlist sits at 109 (reading at 65). Though like 120% of it are Kano one-shots I still haven't read.

And gun-man you still haven't read Belief & Sex? Seems like it's right up your alley.

Going over your.. I don't see.. wait.

The name is.. wait. It's on my wishlist too, I know this... wait wait wait. Is it where this is from?

http://i.imgur.com/3DnqT.jpg

No, this is Fujimura-kun Mates

jEnpikBsZ0TMR.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
No, this is Fujimura-kun Mates

http://i.minus.com/jEnpikBsZ0TMR.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

Fujimura is great, one of the few tsukkomi-based comedies I enjoy.

Gunbo, Survivor got most of the good ones, I'd throw in a recommendation for Yumekui Merry as well.

One Piece vol 20 - 46

Spoilers ahead !
Jaya Arc - The introduction to Skypea rich mythos is well done. Plus, it was pleasing to see
Luffy curb-stomb Bellamy

Skypea Arc - Excellent arc, with lots of new concepts, a good villain who
pulls off one of the most magnificent 'OH SHIT" face ever
. Also, the mythos is expanded and the backstory is interesting.
I liked it !
But at what moment does Enel uses his haki ? Also it's nice to see Robin's motivations lampshaded this again this early in the story.

Big Lipped Alligator Moment Arc -
Davy Back Fight Arc
- it's quite fun, but overall, it doesn't add anything to the overaching plot. A nice distraction, but for 19 chapters ?

Water 7 Arc - I also liked that one,
Usopp's departure from the team gets to me everytime, same for the crew's vengeance against the Franky Family. Also, the Merry :(

Enies Lobby Arc - I remember liking it too, as it was the logical continuation to the Water 7 Arc. The ending is well done too imho.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rex Fabula vol 1

Well this seems interesting. I know "fears" being the enemy isn't an original concept, but I like how it's used here. Will continue. Could be the first battle josei I don't drop because of the art.

It's quite good. I like the main character even though he's ridiculously arrogant.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm pissed there's no Swallowing the Earth (Tezuka) anymore on Amazon. :<

I got Princess Knight and Lost World instead.

Zekes!

I'm pissed there's no Swallowing the Earth (Tezuka) anymore on Amazon. :<

I got Princess Knight and Lost World instead.

The publisher's site links to the site Akadot. I've never ordered anything from them but I assumed it must be fine if the publisher themselves endorsed it.

Soma

After dropping the show, I'm actually really digging the Medaka Box manga. It's turned into a pretty fun little battle manga. I just wrapped up the Flask Plan arc and daaaaaamn at
Kumagawa's entrance
. This is getting interesting.

gunbo13

Punpun v10

Not going to use up much time cause I'm in reading mode but this was certainly a different feeling volume then the previous. It is targeting the SoL of Punpun with the imagery sort of just hanging around. In previous chapters it was much more uncomfortably ambiguous where you couldn't really get settled when reading. This volume instead settled into the comfortable area of the drama we have all suspected. I'm not sure if I prefer this or not. And I'm still bugged by some of the small loose ends like what the man said at the factory long ago. Also, does every girl in this manga also have to
bleed badly after sex?
It doesn't usually work that way... Anyway, I've switched back to team Aiko after this volume. Way to sympathetic.

Much less interpretative stuff this volume. It's sort of a volume saying that this shit happens.

My prediction for the finale?
Aiko killed her mother and they will discover the body. Then they will run-away together with Punpun choosing Aiko even so.
It just feels like it's coming.

Maron

After dropping the show, I'm actually really digging the Medaka Box manga. It's turned into a pretty fun little battle manga. I just wrapped up the Flask Plan arc and daaaaaamn at
Kumagawa's entrance
. This is getting interesting.

That reminds me I need to get back into that arc. I stopped reading around the time the twins showed up. I wanna get to that part with Zenkichi and
that stalker girl that was rambling about being with him forever that I saw used as a pic here a long time ago

Ninjimbo

Oyasumi Punpun Vol. 10

I got to say, this volume was pretty amazing.
The buildup to this Aiko meeting was annoying but Asano delivered the payoff. I thought I knew where Asano was going with Aiko, since it seemed like she was being pretty sincere about her life, but then Asano flipped it with Punpun's confession. The next volume is going to be nuts. Poor Sachi. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece vol 20 - 46

Spoilers ahead !
Jaya Arc - The introduction to Skypea rich mythos is well done. Plus, it was pleasing to see
Luffy curb-stomb Bellamy

I still love Jaya to this day. I remember when it was coming out a million years ago and everyone speculating how tough a battle Luffy was going to have with Bellamy. Was quite a shock and glorious moment when he got OHKO.

upandaway

Hayate

And thus 2 more of the cast join the building. It looks like both are temporary but I'm hoping for permanent additions. Hamster especially needs it.

Anyway, what the hell Ruka. "Listen, manager sis man, it's all cool that you paid my stuff, and it's cool that things are cool, but when I come home I come home and what I do at home is what I do at the gosh dang home. None of your business. Peace."

The manager could make a case if Ruka came out as a mangaka to the consensus of humanity but she's wearing a fucking animal thing. And to begin with, you know that she's gonna stop working with you when she pays her debt off, so what's the point? Either way, you're gonna squeeze 150 million out of her, not a yen more.
Alternatively, make her promise that she can pursue manga if she continues being an idol after paying off the debt (the debt is generous enough that she has to comply). Case over.

That said, things are only starting out, so I guess it's all open to development.

"Pleasure myself to my heart's content. After that, live normally."

I can't breathe
And we don't even know where it's from now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Coke snorting wishlist
Aku no Hana
Alive: The Final Evolution
Conveni-N
Dance in the Vampire Bund (cont..)
Prunus Girl
Silver Spoon
Solanin
Übel Blatt
Yume Tsukai

There are two troll picks in there, can you guess what they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom