• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Homunculus and uh...whoah, off the bridge.
Assuming at the end it's the cops picking him up for leaving the girl to die in the hotel?

Assuming the thread has already discussed the ending, anyone have a page number or post number to look for?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's Conveni-N and Dance in the Vampire Bund.

While Conveni-N is good trashy fun it is just that, trash, and so it belongs in the dumpster with Vampire Bund.

I liked Vampire Bund.

Alive is good stuff though.

gunbo13

Kimi ni Todoke (ch68)

What happened in chapter 68 of KnT was ________.

a) Nothing
b) Ayane gives the slightest impression she is interested in Miura.
c) Chizu is an idiot and tries to give Ryu a present on a rotating xmas party exchange.
d) Ryu chases Chizu who gets embarrassed cause Ryu chucked the present to Joe and grabs her hand.
e) Kazehaya and Sawako are really uncomfortable for no apparent reason.
f) All of the above

Kimi ni Todoke (ch68)

What happened in chapter 68 of KnT was ________.

a) Nothing
b) Ayane gives the slightest impression she is interested in Miura.
c) Chizu is an idiot and tries to give Ryu a present on a rotating xmas party exchange.
d) Ryu chases Chizu who gets embarrassed cause Ryu chucked the present to Joe and grabs her hand.
e) Kazehaya and Sawako are really uncomfortable for no apparent reason.
f) All of the above

All of the above?

Ezalc

So I read a bit of Silver Spoon, I like it. Then I decided to watch a youtube video of Ban'ei, jesus christ what the hell?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Guys i have a question:

If Bleach were to suddenly just STOP tomorrow, i.e cancelled, dropped from publisher, Kubo thrown on the street, COLD TURKEY no more chapters, no ending, all merchandising halted, would you be sad or glad?

i would personally feel kinda....relieved?

I still want to know what's going on with Isshin's backstory.

I would hunt homeless Kubo down and buy the rest of the story from him for $5.

Soma

Do you have any happy thoughts and memories? Do you think the future will be bright? Well forget about all of that when you are done reading.

I literally just checked this out today since a friend mentioned it earlier.

I'm just a few chapters in.

Man.

I'm not sure how to feel at the moment.

Kusagari

A Town Where You Rage 143-183

Why the fuck is this manga still even going? He got his dream girl, is living with her and got approval from her family. There's no reason for this to still be running unless it's going to go until they actually do it, which will take 500 more chapters since they haven't even really made out yet.

All the characters in this manga are written like they're 12 year olds. I'm still blown away we got an entire chapter where the 'wonderful' Eba, a chick in her 20s, had no idea what premature ejaculation is. How funny!

The only good character in the manga is Rin for being an uber troll. Most of them are bland caricatures or annoying as hell. Haruto is 20+, has had multiple girlfriends, somehow gets almost every girl in the show to want to jump on his dick and still has no idea what the hell to do with women. It's not even comical at this point, it's just pathetic.

Nurarihyon No Mago
Just read up to the latest chapter this new arc is allot of fun and a good read so far .
Going to wait a few months again before i start reading back again .

Defuser

AKB49
In the year 20xx, AKB48 surpassed The Beatles.

VGYl7.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Binbougami ga! 1-20

It's basically a manga about girls trolling each other and finding friendship on the way.

Pretty fun read so far.

Azure J

Punpun

You know, I initially thought that Aiko was the herald to Punpun's complete undoing, but after this volume... Damn. She's basically female Punpun.

That being said, this volume was powerful. Like, I don't have words for it.

Soma

Finished up the Student Council Battle Arc in Medaka Box.

I think I now understand why Kumagawa is so popular.

There were some really legit interesting powers in this arc:
Kumagawa's "All Fiction", Shibuki's "Scar Dead", and Chougasaki's "Encounter" (I thought his fight with Hinokage was pretty subpar compared to the other fights though)
. I think Naze is probably my favorite character so far with Kumagawa definitely up there as well. The conclusion to this arc was fairly satisfying with a funny development at the end regarding the Vice President slot.

This new story arc is looking interesting too...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
_____ from _____ can beat up _____. I hope they bring back _____ cause he can totally beat _____. _____ will not lose to _____ cause he beat _____ before. _____ definitely foreshadowed this in chapter _____. Definitely not like _____ from _____ who just ass-pulls instead.
Stop hating. Wednesday is one day out of 7. you got 6 days to discuss all of the unexciting stuff.

Azure J

Medaka Box

So basically, Medaka's an uber dork and that's why she couldn't get the clue earlier that Zen was madly in love with her? :lol

Naze/Best Kurokami girl battle on top of everything else? Good times. :)

The World God Only Knows

Dat subtle Chihiro end.

Cranzor

I'm just starting to get into manga. The first one I bought is Miki Falls and I'm enjoying it a lot. Any particular manga you guys would suggest to someone who has never read it?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm just starting to get into manga. The first one I bought is Miki Falls and I'm enjoying it a lot. Any particular manga you guys would suggest to someone who has never read it?

There are a lot of great mangas in all different genres, so perhaps you could give us a few pointers about what sort of genres or styles interest you?

survivor

Banned

Solanin
REAL
Pluto
Planetes
One Piece

Also like Envelope said, what kind of genres do you like so we can give better recommendations.

Zekes!

Solanin
Buddha
Azumanga Daioh
Saturn Apartments (more people should read this)
also, not a manga, but Scott Pilgrim

Stuff like Monster and Death Note is pretty popular with newcomers, so those are worth checking out as well.

I suggest too just going in to your local comic shop, or the manga section in the bookstore and flipping through different mangas and picking something you think seems interesting. Also check your local library system as they probably have a surprising amount available.

Fairy Tail is a good choice if you want something thats underated and an intellectually fun and deep series.

Ikigami is also a good series and far shorter than the 200+ chp series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom