• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranzor

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't really have a genre of choice, I pretty much like anything so I'll look into some of those suggestions. I saw someone mentioned One Piece which I was already thinking about so maybe I'll try that out.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't really have a genre of choice, I pretty much like anything so I'll look into some of those suggestions. I saw someone mentioned One Piece which I was already thinking about so maybe I'll try that out.

Welcome my son.
kk36F.jpg

Manga just entered god tier, or at least "forget about Walking Dead" tier. Insane and interesting and I can't wait to read the next volume.

Soma

Oyasumi PunPun 1-20

I probably shouldn't have read so many chapters in such a short amount of time.

I think I'll keep it to only one chapter a day from now on.

Yeah.

:|

Akame ga Kill

I'm glad we got people out to avenge the guys the main characters kill, just driving home the gray morality. Though this new girl might not be so innocent herself based on that facial expression in the last few pages.

Azure J

Soul Eater 97 [How didn't I know this was out already?]

OH SHIT WITCHES COUNCIL ARC. Free "saving" Eruka is hilarious, I love those two so much. I don't like the foreshadowing going on with the Deathscythes and Stein staying at Ground Zero until Kid can negotiate for Shibusen to the Witches, but at the same time, I'm fascinated at how wild things on their end could be.

Also, dat wardrobe change. Fucking love Okubo's art.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Stop hating. Wednesday is one day out of 7. you got 6 days to discuss all of the unexciting stuff.

Besides, I don't believe for a second that the antiwed's don't fap themselves raw to One Piece anyway.

For comparison's sake, I can't imagine anyone fapping to 1/2 Prince. Watching people sitting around talking about a fake fantasy MMO (which has elves so the fantasy haters can turn their noses up at it straight away) that they play to give rock concerts to the other MMO players in...

Also, the way the main character is a girl but plays a pretty dude in the game? Mega twist on the MMO formula.

Maron

Okay so I caught up to Nisekoi

What is it you guys like about this series? I remember some of you posting about it every week and liking it then starting to hate it for something else

Servamp

This is pretty cool. It's like a cross between Blue Exorcist and Kuroshitsuji. Some guy finds a cat, but it's actually a vampire and they become master and servant, then fight other master/servant vampire people. Has potential.

That's another battle josei with art that doesn't annoy me, and in the same magazine as Rex Fabula and Antimagia. Maybe I should check out more from this magazine.

Zekes!

As much as I love Asano's art, it kind of bugs me when people mistake his photographed backgrounds as being hand drawn.

Dresden

As much as I love Asano's art, it kind of bugs me when people mistake his photographed backgrounds as being hand drawn.

I've taken shots at Asano for fun because of this, but honestly, it's not a big deal. In the end--does it look good? And it does. There's also the skill required to integrate the photographic references into the art while retaining a sense of consistency between the two styles (the result of which is that people often "mistake" it as hand drawn).

Zekes!

I've taken shots at Asano for fun because of this, but honestly, it's not a big deal. In the end--does it look good? And it does. There's also the skill required to integrate the photographic references into the art while retaining a sense of consistency between the two styles (the result of which is that people often "mistake" it as hand drawn).

Yeah, true. I'm not hating on him, and I tend to think he uses photographed backgrounds pretty effectively (though not all of the time). I guess I just wish they were recognized, and appreciated, for what they actually are. Dude's still a good artist either way.

gunbo13

What is it you guys like about this series? I remember some of you posting about it every week and liking it then starting to hate it for something else
Moe faces.

The likes come from that person's team winning. The dislikes come from that person's team losing. Team Chitoge, the mean bitchy queen will continue to triumph.
Yeah, true. I'm not hating on him, and I tend to think he uses photographed backgrounds pretty effectively (though not all of the time). I guess I just wish they were recognized, and appreciated, for what they actually are. Dude's still a good artist either way.
Who thinks they are hand drawn?

survivor

Banned

Its a shitty manga that only bad people read and the ending will be shit

Maron

You shut your whore mouth. Onodera might go all School Days you know. Definitely a lack of yandere.

I'd definitely be more interested if he did date Onodera or something and that escalated instead of dicking around with Chitoge and eventually falling in love with her.

Do people have theories over who the real "promised girl" is?

Ezalc

Really? Nobody reading Gunka no Baltzar except me? Anybody here that likes some 19th century Europe military stuff should check it out.

upandaway

Magi 103

Daaaaaaaaaaamn son. Look at what he did to Isnan. Just damn.

I guess we can expect this goat+banker type of formation from Al Sarmen from now on. Other than that, and ignoring just how dangerously cute young Dunya is, this arc's pretty much over.

I'm just starting to get into manga. The first one I bought is Miki Falls and I'm enjoying it a lot. Any particular manga you guys would suggest to someone who has never read it?

Bleach
Vinland Saga
Beelzebub
Berserk.
D-Gray-man
Soul Eater

And manwha

Noblesse
Tower of God
Witch Hunter.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aunt Tits:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Also it's not easy drawing manga of this calibre. You can't rush genius.

Magi 103

So that knight was modeled as a dead person all along, arc is ending unless banker pulls a dirty one.

History Strongest Will

Zombie Hongou rises from the grave!

Dragonball 112 - 195

Well it was decent overall. Arcs that didnt involve the Tenkaichi Budokai were pretty dull though they had their moments, for example, I will never forget the cruelty incarnate, demon Piccolo, incinerating Shenlong, still the best moment of the series thus far. The Goku Piccolo fight was fun too, enjoy when both characters have fun fighting.

I was glad the last arc was a return to the Tenkaichi Budokai and gave more panel time to Yamcha, who seems to have gotten weaker and irrelevant. I hope in this five year timeskip next chapter, he received some powerboost.

Only real criticism is that there needs to be more characters involved in the actual significant fighting, Goku hogging all the screen time and looks kind of goofy will still be tiring if this continues for 325+ more chps.

scy

You shut your whore mouth. Onodera might go all School Days you know. Definitely a lack of yandere.

That would generally be an improvement :x

Regarding best girl Chitoge winning, it's the most likely case just based off the oneshot. Not sure if that really indicates anything for the long run, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom