• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Catching up after a long weekend at Fanime:

KNIM

I already commented on this earlier. Seo continues to troll.

Medaka Box

I really like this new power. Nisio can go pretty crazy with it.

Hayate no Gotoku

Nishizawa is incredible.

GE

Yeah, unfortunately they're doomed. Ah well.

TWGOK

And so, the Goddess Saga is finally over. Quite an impressive finish and so glad to finally have a conclusion to this arc. Can't wait to see where Wakaki goes next.

USrUE.png

Articalys

Also, I missed if it was brought up earlier, but the song in TWGOK 189 was in the anime second season as an insert song during Chihiro's arc, and again as the ending song for the OVA about the band. So if you want to know what you should be hearing during this chapter, have a listen.

Alternately, you can try this piano cover from the second OST.

Incidentally, in looking this up I realized that Chihiro is voiced by Kana Asumi in the anime, which is an automatic victory condition for her as far as I'm concerned.

Dresden

Ikki didn't sleep with her, but he did end up with Ringo. They had a big romantic confession of feelings, a kiss, and everything. Plus final chapter cover.

first kusomatsu pussies out of a Eva end, now you tell me Oh!Shit has made Ringo the winner. Manga is dead to me.

Also, I missed if it was brought up earlier, but the song in TWGOK 189 was in the anime second season as an insert song during Chihiro's arc, and again as the ending song for the OVA about the band. So if you want to know what you should be hearing during this chapter, have a listen.

Incidentally, in looking this up I realized that Chihiro is voiced by Kana Asumi in the anime, which is an automatic victory condition for her as far as I'm concerned.

Ah man, you could've saved me a lot of time if I'd known about this on Friday.

Solune

Thanks for the info.

Misc remark. The artwork for the OST II cover is hawt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's in Weekly Shounen Magazine, dude. The best you can hope for there is implied sex, which it definitely had in boatloads.

Ironically, they just had more sex in GE this week, which is also in WSM. I still sometimes laugh thinking about those ridiculous pages of panels in which main guy first got laid.

Ah man, you could've saved me a lot of time if I'd known about this on Friday.
dat retirement

neoanarch

I was thinking about the opposite the other day. I was thinking about catching up on Hajime no Ippo. How long is he going to be a virgin? How old is he now anyway. He has to be past 20. I can't really remember how they keep track of time in Ippo. It doesn't make any sense. He has a girl interested in him. He's not written as a terribly socially awkward character. His virginity isn't written for laughs. He must be gay for Takamura.

Sai

I was thinking about the opposite the other day. I was thinking about catching up on Hajime no Ippo. How long is he going to be a virgin? How old is he now anyway. He has to be past 20. I can't really remember how they keep track of time in Ippo. It doesn't make any sense. He has a girl interested in him. He's not written as a terribly socially awkward character. His virginity isn't written for laughs. He must be gay for Takamura.
Ippo's like 23-24 now, isn't he? It's been a while.

smurfx

get some go again
we all know ippo's one true love is miyata.

edit: lolz just found this pic.

http://i.imgur.com/oxnHZ.jpg nsfw?

Kyuur

When do spoilers for jump series come out now? I feel like I hardly ever see them in this thread anymore, and I have no idea where to find them. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be awesome.

When do spoilers for jump series come out now? I feel like I hardly ever see them in this thread anymore, and I have no idea where to find them. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be awesome.

Litrally the six or so hours before the chapters even come out.

Yugioh Zexal chp 1 (preview in Shonen Jump Alpha)
tumblr_m4sjg74xu71qbxqfpo1_500.png

That actually looks pretty cool for a duel monsters XYZ summon. However, I think I would still maintain the platform that Yugioh GX was the best of the Yugioh series thus far. It had the better catch phrases (throw down a face down, get your game on), while this just has "Im gonna get", which falls kind of flat. Also the main character seems like a terrible duelist, on yuki's level, Jaden Yuki started stronger, and Yusei Fudo seemed better too, not to mention both were darker.

Dont know if I may follow this through to the actual volume 1 on June 5, maybe when more or released as I cant recall Viz ever finishing any of the Yugioh's beyond the first one? Ive been getting GX but its been like only one volume released per year... Then again I may get Zexal cause I do love collecting the cards in case another Tag Force comes out here.

Sai

When do spoilers for jump series come out now?
Wednesday mornings, sometimes as early as midnight. One Piece and Naruto spoilers occasionally pop up Tuesday mornings or evenings... Depends on the interest of those who get the mags early, really.

Early Wednesday mornings , they used to come out earlier but that don't happen as much anymore.
Also chapters come out just a few hours later so now people don't post them as much as before .

HSDK
Cool chapter , master fights are the best .

Well Ippo started boxing at 16, i would say at least 5 or 6 years past in the manga so he should be about 21 or 22 .

History Strongest It Cant Be

Houngou is a total boss. The fight isnt over yet.

Gamaran

Good fight, dude is a total wacko.

Magi

Although totally predictable, Zagan reason for choosing Zuko was good.

upandaway

Magi

I can live with those reasons. Alibaba's been going in a slow pace lately.

But why did Zagan say "aside from Magi and household vessel, you hold the most magoi"? I thought Mor didn't have a lot of magoi. Did he just mean that he's not counting her regardless of magoi quantity? But that's still weird, because he could easily just say "aside form the Magi you have the most magoi" and it would be true and concise.

Sora no Otoshimono

Poor Ikaros. She looked so happy with that wooden toy. And of course Astarea is always getting the short end of the stick too.

I guess we could be entering a rescue Chaos arc or something.

survivor

Banned
Hetakoi vol 1

Not expecting that much from this manga. Well maybe they will have sex since this is apparently smut but the drama has been pretty meh so far.

The gist of the story is this guy sees this naked girl in a hot spring. Then cut back to university and he joins a hot spring type of club I think and that girl is there as well. Stuff happens and his best friend tells the story and they all get emo for couple of chapters. He confessed to her at the end of the volume so maybe now they will get past the emo phase and onto the dating phase.

As far as hot spring related manga this isn't the best one. Boing Boing Onsen is far more superior.

Hetakoi vol 1

Not expecting that much from this manga. Well maybe they will have sex since this is apparently smut but the drama has been pretty meh so far.

The gist of the story is this guy sees this naked girl in a hot spring. Then cut back to university and he joins a hot spring type of club I think and that girl is there as well. Stuff happens and his best friend tells the story and they all get emo for couple of chapters. He confessed to her at the end of the volume so maybe now they will get past the emo phase and onto the dating phase.

As far as hot spring related manga this isn't the best one. Boing Boing Onsen is far more superior.

SMH

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seems the reason Negima ended the way it did was Akamatsu protesting a new law that's being proposed.
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

It allows Japanese publishers to take away the rights of an author's work. Meaning authors can no longer retain the rights and the publishers are free to do want they want. Basically, turning the manga industry into the American comic book industry.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Seems the reason Negima ended the way it did was Akamatsu protesting a new law that's being proposed.
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

It allows Japanese publishers to take away the rights of an author's work. Meaning authors can no longer retain the rights and the publishers are free to do want they want. Basically, turning the manga industry into the American comic book industry.

Japanese manga publishers really do fear the oncoming digital era that makes their very existance redundant.

Solune

This was actually brought up near the end of OT4. It could be one of the reasons that Akamatsu ended it the way he did but it's only speculation.

gunbo13

Sora no Otoshimono + My balls + Hetakoi = 3 posts in a row

I am not disappoint.

PS: Survivor,
Koibana Onsen would have been the more family friendly mention.

retcon:
Any reason to cause Negima to end is a good one. Even if it is meteors.

Undertaker Riddle chp 1 (sougiya ridoru)
tumblr_m4sv434FVF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The premise for the story feels as if the writer was somehow inspired by the part of premise of Bleach. The butterflys are present for souls or what not, and then theres the line about the evil spirits becoming hungry for the other spirits, and the human gaining powers to spare these souls. Anyway, I thought it was a pretty nice chapter one and will keep following the series. I love the artwork, the Undertaker Riddle is pretty cool character, and his partner, Sakura, he's pretty funny and cool too. I think it does have potential for action, if they face spirits that are way stronger as they are trying to make a name for themselves. Will continue to follow.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Haha, body swap everyone! Pretty much reminds me of that Futurama episode where they just go overboard with the body swapping. At the very least, the ending of the chapter was pretty sweet.

Kreed

Deadman Wonderland 1-51:

All caught up with this series. I'm glad I decided to read the manga vs watching the Toonami broadcasts (especially considering it's only 12 episodes and there were already differences from the first episode vs the first manga chapter).

This series had a really strong start at first in terms of "WTF" moments (The Red Man included), but I would say once the "Forgeries" showed up the series became more predictable/shounen-ish (excluding another surprise by the Red Man). The threat that Deadman Wonderland once provided in early chapters tones down a lot as Ganta gains more and more "plot amor allies". Also I would have liked to have seen more Deadman Wonderland games vs 1 on 1 battles. But it is a good series overall and it looks to be moving towards a conclusion so that's a plus (once it comes off of hiatus of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom