• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

We shut down OT for that

I want a refund

I gotta disagree with "pretty well". The progress is slow as molasses. Guy still makes me want to dropkick my laptop.

At least we have great female leads. Well, maybe except Queen.

Did they? I know they usually do, but I don't remember it happening this year.

We shut down OT for that

I want a refund

I gotta disagree with "pretty well". The progress is slow as molasses. Guy still makes me want to dropkick my laptop.

At least we have great female leads. Well, maybe except Queen.

Actually they didn't since i was able to post over there like normal (except when the whole site went down a few times).

Will read the big 3 later.

PK Gaming

Naruto

Am I supposed to be impressed Kishimoto? Madara has all this power and he STILL can't kill the 5 kages. What a load of bullshit, the kages should have been dead in the water ages ago. Lucky for them, Madara is an idiot and likes to toy with his opponents (constantly, even despite saying he'd go all out.) Kabuto cancels Edo-tensei (Sasuke will probably kill him after he's done) and Itachi-sue exits stage left. They finally cut back to Naruto and Killer Bee vs Tobi... uh what? It looks like we missed a bit of fighting. Goddamn, this is why I read Naruto in the first place. I want to see Naruto kick ass... ugh.

Awful chapter, i'm making a time machine and going back in time to beat myself half to death for even saying Naruto > One Piece.

survivor

Banned
They're in the 2nd year of middle school, so 13/14 years old?

lol

At least she can fallback on her doujins and make a living when she drops out of school

Naruto

Am I supposed to be impressed Kishimoto? Madara has all this power and he STILL can't kill the 5 kages. What a load of bullshit, the kages should have been dead in the water ages ago. Lucky for them, Madara is an idiot and likes to toy with his opponents (constantly, even despite saying he'd go all out.) Kabuto cancels Edo-tensei (Sasuke will probably kill him after he's done) and Itachi-sue exits stage left. They finally cut back to Naruto and Killer Bee vs Tobi... uh what? It looks like we missed a bit of fighting. Goddamn, this is why I read Naruto in the first place. I want to see Naruto kick ass... ugh.

Awful chapter, i'm making a time machine and going back in time to beat myself half to death for even saying Naruto > One Piece.
Glad you learned the holy truth

upandaway

One Piece

Luffy handled Smoker like a boss. All that armament haki grabbing, all that observation haki dodging. I love how he's holding a normal conversation with Smokes and Robin while dodging everything as an aside. So he got hit a little bit, IRRELEVANT.

Also when Caesar started blabbing forever I just knew Luffy wouldn't wait for the entire thing :lol

Just in time for the Fate/Zero finale??
It's been sitting there for longer than when Zero started, I just couldn't sink the time into it.

Bleach: That was the shortest feeling chapter I've ever read. I honestly was shocked when I got to the last page. Also stop focusing on the dumb characters. Where's Kenpachi? Where's Ichigo? Where's Science duder? I guess they showed that flowery guy, but he's like my least favorite of the characters I actually like.

Naruto: Hopefully this Sasuke/Itachi bullshit is over and Madara hurries up and kills the Kage's so we can see more Killer Bee (and I guess Naruto) fights. I guess Shikamaru can come too.

One Piece: Fun chapter as usual! Can't wait to see what happens next! Hopefully Franky shoots some lasers!

PK Gaming

One Piece

No break next week! Anyway this chapter was good, (that goes without saying.) Luffy has clearly improved in CQC, and Smoker had a hell of a time keeping up with him (though he was pretty good considering the circumstances). Caesar himself showed up relatively quickly, which tells me 2 things.

-He's got something up his sleeve (likely)
-He's not the big bad of this arc

Anyway next week's chapter should kick ass.

789shadow

Banned
Bleach

The SternRitter have REALLY dumb names. I wonder if the fights that seem to be lining up are actually going to occur. I don't think so.

Naruto

Bad in a way only Naruto can be. lol Sasuke.

One Piece

Slime explodes real nice, doesn't it?

Is this arc already winding down?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Piece: C+

"Something mysterious is doing something mysterious."

That is fucking awesome.

Anyways, this chapter was alright. Too much time spent on the slime monster and shit that no one really cares about. I loved Luffy in this chapter, though. Lol, poor Tashigi. I would have hoped she got stronger during the 2 years. Twice now she's been called weak, albeit by strong characters, but still.

Naruto: F+

Uh. Who gives a fuck at this point. Madara is playing around, why? How many times has the old Kage said "we need to stand together! This is our last chance...our last hope!" Before Madara does something else stupid. This is all...very dumb.

We should've only known about Madara through flashbacks. An epic Hashirama vs Madara flashback, for example. Now all of this is just making Madara look dumb by having him fight five opponents that are clearly inferior. As such, this is a waste of time. If what Itachi did ends up prematurely ending this Kage battle, it will be even dumber.

Oh, and how about Sasuke's dumbass character? He is written so terribly. "I love you brother. These bonds...they...they...IM PISSING ON YOUR GRAVE. FUCK KONOHA. FUCK YOU. FAREWELL BITCH."

When he gets converted by Naruto...I will probably commit suicide, with an assist by Steroyd.

Bleach: B+

Before this chapter, I kind of didn't even think anything of that Rose dude. He was just kind of there, in the background. But now he looks like a goddamn boss and I actually want to see his fight. I feel like Kubo is putting more into each individual battle this time...even the set ups feel epic.

Speaking of the setups, there were so many in this chapter and the pacing was on point. Renji + Byakuya? Goddamn son. Also, I feel like Yogi Bear is going to get murked. Ice Princess has got a fight with someone we don't know, but SHUNSUI is also on the battle field. I REALLY want to see more of him fighting with his awesome Shikai. Especially considering that the Quincy wear all white.

This is really showing how boring Ichigo is (outside of when Zangetsu/Hichigo shows up) in comparison to the captains and such.

The Sternritter have some really dumb names. Bambietta... <3

upandaway

Anyways, this chapter was alright. Too much time spent on the slime monster and shit that no one really cares about. I loved Luffy in this chapter, though. Lol, poor Tashigi. I would have hoped she got stronger during the 2 years. Twice now she's been called weak, albeit by strong characters, but still.
Tashigi just doesn't know what the hell.

Poor Kuina. Seriously.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bleach

The SternRitter have REALLY dumb names.

You best not be hating on mai Waifu

8xH0o.jpg

PK Gaming

"Something mysterious is doing something mysterious."

That is fucking awesome.

To be fair, Tashigi really has no idea how to even use Smoker's body(understandable). I doubt Luffy was specifically calling Tashigi weak and at the time he didn't know they had switched bodies yet.

I've got to hand it to Oda though, I thought Smoker (in Tashigi's body) would try using a sword like a dumbass and complain about it. Dude doesn't miss a beat.

I wish they would tell us where to send in requests for the One Piece covers, whoever is sending these ideas are really creative, just like the foods for Toriko. Just noticed todays is someone from Canada.

Naruto

So fucking tired of Sasuke. Such a horribly written character. Every word that comes out of his mouth is like hearing a million babies crying in unison.

Madara is also a dumbass but I guess he can't help being infected with the 'I'll-talk-instead-of-killing-you-all-immediately-just-in-case-something-happens-to-stop-me-before-I-do syndrome'.

Bleach

Really excited to see how these battles turn out. I especially want to see more of Shunsui fighting.

Steroyd

Naruto: F+

When he gets converted by Naruto...I will probably commit suicide, with an assist by Steroyd.

As much as I considered the possibility, I don't think it's wise to go out with so much rage, we'd only come back as evil spirits of pure hatred.

And then get Talk no Jutsu'd by DTL.

One Piece

Luffy smiling, fighting, and having a good time, explosions, and even the final boss..this was close to what the typical chapter ought to be like in this new world arc. Apart from kind of heavy text, and limited screentime from key characters, this chapter was awesome.

Big One

Banned
Bleach D

Potential for some interesting shit ruined by stock Bleach battles. More disappointing than E3, but what else should I expect?

Naruto F

Naruto yet again is top spot for the lowest quality in big three this week in art, storytelling, characters, everything. More Sasuke shit.

One Piece B

Oooh shiiiiit...shit's about to get real. Seems the arc is close to ending.

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Madara going down like this would be pretty stupid. That means Itachi single-handedly resolved 2 fights. The Kages should be the ones to settle that fight, so Madara'll probably pull something out. Also his complete Susanoo looks awesome.

Bleach
This reminds me of the Karakura town arc. It's nice that they got some of the match-ups set up, but this war doesn't feel like it's on a grand scale at all. It's just like the fake Karakura town arc, only with a couple of deaths in the beginning. Of course it's early on so you never know, but there should have been hundreds vs hundreds by now and not just a gang killing them all off-screen. This is like some gang on gang fight again.

One Piece
Great pacing. They've established a weakness to the Slime which I can only assume Franky would have some counter to it. Didn't expect Caesar to come out so soon, and grabbed by Luffy, no less. Such an unpredictable arc, and I love it.

*Also, dayum at some of those panels after the ship goes poof.

Khezu

Naruto

This bullshit is finally over. Go back to naruto already.

Also how does madara have the chakra to create a susanoo that big? I mean that's comparable to the foxs full form, why does a human have that much chakra? And I guess sasuke will probably do it as well since he needs something huge to fight blondy, and that dude is not exactly a chakra powerhouse.

Magic eyes are bullshit.

Naruto
Also how does madara have the chakra to create a susanoo that big?

Magic eyes? He fought against the first Hokage in a fight that lasted for over a half to full day and even against someone who managed to completely stop the ninetailed demon fox. I think you are giving too much credit to the eyes in this case.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach D

Potential for some interesting shit ruined by stock Bleach battles. More disappointing than E3, but what else should I expect?
I know you're you and all, but you don't even know how this shit is gonna turn out yet. The fights might end up being more than "stock". Don't compare this shit to E3.

Sai

Naruto

Also how does madara have the chakra to create a susanoo that big? I mean that's comparable to the foxs full form, why does a human have that much chakra?
"Sole opposition to the proudly unrivaled Senju clan, they possessed Sharingan and massive chakra pools."

"The Uchiha clan inherited[From Rikudou Sennin] intense chakra and powerful eyes!!"

"Madara: Our clan could boast an outstanding chakra and the Sharingan. I happened to be born with a powerful chakra, unusually strong even among the Uchiha."

And I guess sasuke will probably do it as well since he needs something huge to fight blondy, and that dude is not exactly a chakra powerhouse.
"Kyuubi: Eyes with such power and chakra even more sinister than my own... Not at all unlike what I once saw in a certain Uchiha Madara..."

Naruto

Edo Tensei finally over? finally

More of the Sauce being a retard but i guess its more of a reason to be saved by the Messiah lol

Bleach

Those names are fucking stupid but its nice seeing Soul society getting fucked up.

Lets see what these Captains have learnt since the timeskip and if it will be of any help (Old man's vice captian is exempt since we saw him hardly did shit when he got offed)

One Piece

Poor Tashigi as another one mocks her about being weak.

Luffy is actually looking forward to fight Smoker this time around so I guess his training paid off. Pls lol at captring his enemy already.

muk slime looks messed up since it places you in shit regardless (either get poisoned or end up in its explosion radius).

ManGAF what should I read next ? I'm open for almost any type of manga
(well, except for boys love, yaoi and survivor's smut)

Ratman, Team Medical Dragon or Koko no Hito.

Naruto

Madara will pull an eye hax and stay in the game. Sasuke is a lost cause.

Bleach

So we have the match-ups. All the quincies have weird names. Nice chapter.

One Piece

Cool chapter. Its good that the slime is not that simple to be beaten.

My guess it has a devil fruit infused since it avoided the lake.

Magi

Poor Mor ;_;

It will be nice to see some high level fighting.

7Th

I know you're you and all, but you don't even know how this shit is gonna turn out yet. The fights might end up being more than "stock". Don't compare this shit to E3.

Unless every single Captain is killed or brutally maimed by the Quincy, this is will be a "stock" boringass Bleach arc.

Unless every single Captain is killed or brutally maimed by the Quincy, this is will be a "stock" boringass Bleach arc.

I don't see all of them getting kill but unless they lose , how else are we going to see the royal guards and spirit king
Unless the quincy are only the first part of this arc .

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'd say it's 50/50 on which direction it could go.

I don't blame anyone for not having high hopes, though.

7Th

I don't see all of them getting kill but unless they lose , how else are we going to see the royal guards and spirit king
Unless the quincy are only the first part of this arc .

I'm just fucking tired of the Captain wanking Bleach has been about for the past 200 chapters. Both HM and Lost Badge were the same shit: Kubo introduced a new set of villains, the new villains defeat Ichigo's useless friends and then the Captains arrive and effortlessly steamroll the new villains with their poorly defined powers, a lack of definition Kubo abuses to asspull whatever the fuck he wants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

So Madara was pulling "I am not left handed" the entire time and actually can just destroy the entire planet with his Goku powers and now will just die randomly because Edo Tensei is over? This is really dumb, but I have a theory that Tobi will just use the Rinnegan-resurrection power to bring Madara back to life for reals since it would be a giant "fuck you" to basically say, "Madara is so violently overpowered he could kill all 5 kages at once," but then nobody kills him legitimately and he just dies because Kabuto let him go for no real reason.

Naruto

What the hell was Itachi´s life for? He´s a failure for not making Sasuke see thing his way. Itachi failed in regards to Sasuke which makes everything he made for Sasuke goes to waste. Itachi´s whole character was for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom