• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

Still somewhat vague to me, but what I got from it:
Yelling dude claims that he has a witness who saw somebody drag the corpse of his shepherd dog inside that property, and it's not the first time something like that happens either. Old guy replies that nobody lives here but he and his family (i.e. that he doesn't know anything about this).
Mafia dude (?) intervenes and tells yelling dude to shut up. Nobody knows/cares about that damn dog of his. As for the money, I think the idea is that mafia dude knows yelling dude is considering extension works (for his house? farm?), and I'd still go for my previous attempt at a translation there: "you may need the money, but oppose us and your family will suffer the consequences", i.e. "maybe you thought you could get the money you need for those extension works from us, by seeking compensation for your dead dog or whatever, but keep pissing us off with your bullshit, and bad things may happen to your family."

My take, anyway.

(Also, I edited my post above. A bit late though, so I don't know if you saw.)

her name is Kashou. No doubt about that. I'm just asking where it comes from
What's the setting? Are there Japanese (or Asian) names?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh good lord this is wrecking my brain.

Anybody know the manga where during their childhood a girl is basically a bully to a boy who is a patisserie, but loves his pastry, and then when they grow up the girl became homeless. Except that the boy came back and invited her to live with him and work in his pastry shop, but he turned out to be a sadist who just wants to give her constant shit.

_hekk05

Banned
Oh good lord this is wrecking my brain.

Anybody know the manga where during their childhood a girl is basically a bully to a boy who is a patisserie, but loves his pastry, and then when they grow up the girl became homeless. Except that the boy came back and invited her to live with him and work in his pastry shop, but he turned out to be a sadist who just wants to give her constant shit.

Komomo confiserie

hekk laying the smack down

Zweizer

Banned
Maybe I'm just forgetting my times with the game before breaking it wide open, I guess?

That said, I'm not sure how these kinds of mechanics / missables matter to Persian's extra type coverage (through use of one-time TMs at that) not really being necessary :x Most people probably didn't even know about that and it's an irrelevant thing to most normal playthroughs. That's all my point was, really. I'd apply that across the board to every super awesome sweeper movesets that probably rarely got used for the main game (e.g., Tauros Body Slam / Hyper Beam / EQ / Blizzard, Starmie Surf / Psychic / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt, etc.). Awesome to utilize if you knew about it but not something that you needed to have done.

I was mainly countering your point about the game being extremely easy, which I disagreed upon and stated that such a Persian could help considerably, but yeah I agree that it ultra competitve sets weren't mandatory and provided enough effort and perseverance you could play it any way you wanted.

Or maybe the games were easier than I remembered? It's been a while since I played those to be honest (I'm still bitter about my Blastoise forgetting Hydro Pump for fucking Mist because I had no idea what it was).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Balancing Toy end
The fact that this manga was incomprehensible at times keeps it from being one of my favorites. It wrapped up nicely regardless.

scy

Incidentally, I'm surprised that yuri list didn't have Honto no Kanojo, all things considered.

I was mainly countering your point about the game being extremely easy...

granted, I've long since accepted that I have no real concept of difficulty apparently

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Akagami no Shirayukihime 57
Ryuu is so cute that he made the head pharmacist cry. My heart.

And lol at Obi being so awkward with that hug.

upandaway

Here are the 2 relevant pages

http://a.pomf.se/jyduhh.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/yfxkhy.jpg

And her name is Kashou. No doubt about that. I'm just asking where it comes from

Also main char's name is Pepe. Not kidding
My attempt (imagine upandaway exaggerated grumpy gangster voice)

"Who gives a shit about your dog or whatever."
"Anyway, aren't you getting a renovation done?"
"If you're coming at us because you need our money, your family's gonna pay."

Still somewhat vague to me, but what I got from it:
Yelling dude claims that he has a witness who saw somebody drag the corpse of his shepherd dog inside that property, and it's not the first time something like that happens either. Old guy replies that nobody lives here but he and his family (i.e. that he doesn't know anything about this).
Mafia dude (?) intervenes and tells yelling dude to shut up. Nobody knows/cares about that damn dog of his. As for the money, I think the idea is that mafia dude knows yelling dude is considering extension works (for his house? farm?), and I'd still go for my previous attempt at a translation there: "you may need the money, but oppose us and your family will suffer the consequences", i.e. "maybe you thought you could get the money you need for those extension works from us, by seeking compensation for your dead dog or whatever, but keep pissing us off with your bullshit, and bad things may happen to your family."

My take, anyway.

(Also, I edited my post above. A bit late though, so I don't know if you saw.)
That's how I took that sentence too (phew haha), but I thought 家内 means wife, seems it can also mean family. Welp.

P to JK 08

FS5tj4u.jpg

Elder sister was pretty fun. More d'awwwww and cute moments. Kinda annoying how everyone is still hating on that other guy though.

_hekk05

Banned
My attempt (imagine upandaway exaggerated grumpy gangster voice)

"Who gives a shit about your dog or whatever."
"Anyway, aren't you getting a renovation done?"
"If you're coming at us because you need our money, your family's gonna pay."

That's how I took that sentence too (phew haha), but I thought 家内 means wife, seems it can also mean family. Welp.

My texts are all in proper english though. Maybe I should give them more flair

upandaway

Takkoku ch9

I loved the manga from the first chapter but I think this is where I "got it". This is so silly. The best silly. Their lives are on the line out there man, it's crazy.

survivor

Banned
Tsukikage Baby 1

Nice, Kodama Yuki's newest manga is finally being translated. This time it seems to be more about dancing rather than music. Watching some videos on the Owara dancing, they look pretty cool, slow precise movements so manga art is more than fine to cover it.

upandaway

Cool, will check it out.

Here's mine so far. Don't think it's everything, but it's close.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=413628&list=read
I um, just making sure, you know that's your readlist right? And that there's a completed list?

My texts are all in proper english though. Maybe I should give them more flair
I could make believe that I'm proofing you but my English isn't that good. Heck there are two proofers lynching me for things like birdlime I don't even I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THAT WAS BAD MAN

WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT BIRDLIME

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man, just casually glancing at a few lists made me realised that I have let way too many series slip out my mind. Feels like my mind is a sieve at the moment.

I um, just making sure, you know that's your readlist right? And that there's a completed list?

One thing at a time ;_;. Too much sorting at the moment.

upandaway

Oh man, just casually glancing at a few list made me realised that I have let way too many series slip out my mind. Feels like my mind is a sieve at the moment.

One thing at a time ;_;. Too much sorting at the moment.
I have like 18 lists. I don't even know what's in half of them. Did I even create them myself? Whoa.

I'm way too scared to touch it now, it might eat me.

Custom lists are too powerful.

_hekk05

Banned

I could make believe that I'm proofing you but my English isn't that good. Heck there are two proofers lynching me for things like birdlime I don't even I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THAT WAS BAD MAN

WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT BIRDLIME

The hell is birdlime?

_hekk05

Banned
Only a oneshot though.

Its possible for oneshots from those oneshot contests but I haven't seen a oneshot from a well known mangaka getting turned into a series before

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Question:

I'm trying to remember the name of a new series that came out to see if any group picked it up.

I can't remember what magazine it was for and vaguely remember much about it though.

I just remember someone here posted the cover a week or so ago. People were only intrigued because there was a big boobed character that would be featured.

Sorry for how vague that was. :(

Question:

I'm trying to remember the name of a new series that came out to see if any group picked it up.

I can't remember what magazine it was for and vaguely remember much about it though.

I just remember someone here posted the cover a week or so ago. People were only intrigued because there was a big boobed character that would be featured.

Sorry for how vague that was. :(
GangRoad maybe?

Revo

Aiki-S 12

I wish I had female warriors cleaning up my diarrhea.

Tokyo Ghoul 94

I doubt this training will help Kaneki too much. Although it may help a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom