• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsukikage Baby 01

VWjG4xf.png

So much progression in the first chapter until it hits a wall by mutual blushing, lol

Nice first chapter. I really like the art and I imagine it'll lend itself quite nicely once we get more dancing starting in this series. Dunno how I feel about the romance, if I want it to actually happen or crash and burn.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa vol 2

This is like a non-action Rosario Vampire that's actually good or a less lewd Monster Musume.

It's not often you see a harem series of this quality. I love it!

Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki 02

A heartwarming story about a friendship between a girl who enters through windows and a girl who breaks down doors with a shovel.

dani_dc

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 1-41

The main character obsession for Wagatsuman is creppy as hell, he barely knows her and only wants to marry her due to her being a nice popular girl and the fact his first time-skip had them married.
He has a much better relationship with Sylvia and even that mangaka girl had more and better interaction with him in the space of a couple chapters than Wagatsuma did in the entire series.
But instead of letting his relationships evolve naturally with this other (also attractive girls) he keeps trying to make sure he will marry that one popular girl he barely knows. Creepy.

As a side note, Wagatsuma looks a lot worst in the color covers compared to in-manga, as if her coloring doesn't fit her design.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 15

Well, confession happens and series end cause the main idea of the plot is too weak to support itself without chasing after waifus.

scy

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 1-41

The main character obsession for Wagatsuman is creppy as hell, he barely knows her and only wants to marry her due to her being a nice popular girl and the fact his first time-skip had them married.
He has a much better relationship with Sylvia and even that mangaka girl had more and better interaction with him in the space of a couple chapters than Wagatsuma did in the entire series.
But instead of letting his relationships evolve naturally with this other (also attractive girls) he keeps trying to make sure he will marry that one popular girl he barely knows. Creepy.

As a side note, Wagatsuma looks a lot worst in the color covers compared to in-manga, as if her coloring doesn't fit her design.

Pretty much every girl is better than Wagatsuma simply by virtue of being a real character more often.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa vol 2

This is like a non-action Rosario Vampire that's actually good or a less lewd Monster Musume.

It's not often you see a harem series of this quality. I love it!

Thinking about it, that's probably the best ways to look at it. Non-action fanservice RtV and/or a less lewd school setting Monster Musume.

Pretty much every girl is better than Wagatsuma simply by virtue of being a real character more often.

Which is what needs to be fixed tbh.

For her to be declared the winner we need to see her part of it, unless he just did all the fucking work...

Prison School

LOL who would have thought that incident would help them out.

And Kiyoshi has placed himself in trouble again

So MangaGaf if you had to choose, which manga do you think is better? Tokyo Ghoul or Akame Ga Kill.

Just curious in wanting to know peoples opinions.

Zweizer

Banned
Another Kiss ch0-1.1

The characters are cute but that "vampire needs bodily fluids" thing reminds me of Fate's "semen = prana".

dani_dc

Prison School 128-129

Mari "break-out" declaration was great.

Chapter 129 features what must be the most amazing attempt to tell someone they need a bottle of water written in any medium.

Mari sister misinterpretation is not that big of a deal, Kiyoshi has Hana and Mari at this point.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 41-55

And right after my last post, we have a Sylvia focused arc where we see her struggles as well as her basically telling her brother she likes the MC, followed by a Christmas arc where Mangaka girl goes after the MC and waits for him in the cold to give him a present after he ditches all his friends to try and kiss Wagatsuma.

In the meantime Wagatsuma did absolutely nothing of worth.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a "married little sister" future time split yet (up to chapter 55).

Oh god, its How I Met Your Mother.

I think she'll get her time to shine as like the last arc. Unfortunately.

At least Ted was trying to find the right person, here the dude decided on the "right" person and actively refuses the superior choices.

I mean, who would refuse
naked apron and boing boing.

Yogashiten Galaxy

Not|Ayumi is now the daughter of a once famous patissier is about to lose her family's shop when one day an alien invades her shop and takes over earth (and actually does).

We get detailed cake baking, then bishounens and then that's it. Some parts were good, some were cake baking textbooks, so an average one-shot?

Zweizer

Banned
Another Kiss ch1.2-3

April isn't anywhere close to Shiragami Youko's levels of adorable but she's rather cute I guess. That cat is the true protagonist though. Also, plot?

Wagatsuma

:lol Yup.

sometimes i wonder if its deliberate since the event results are a bit detailed at times (he just doesn't know how to reach it)

hopefully the timeslip stuff will be explained next chapter even if its a small piece.

Honestly, even if Wagatsuma was a legitimate character, I'd still be all over the Sylvia or Ran route.

Not really a fan of Sylvia currently due to her not doing anything and Ran is cool but her future kinda annoys me (slave-driver by day, normal by night). Wagatsuma is kinda interesting with her love for weird stuff,etc but she hardly gets any time to be fleshed out.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a "married little sister" future time split yet (up to chapter 55).

Not sure if you passed it yet but there is a sister related one. :p

Gintama 504

Awesome arc so far... I also can't accept the Shogun's death I am guessing this is some ruse

Oh and Sadist vs Kagura's bro next week? maybe?

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 848-857

As always, Itagaki's fight in these chapters rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, I can absolutely go along with him having a rather bad boxer as an opponent this time, but finishing the match with an effortless impromptu jolt counter? Yeah sure, Itagaki has a number of similar boxers to learn from and he's a "genius" but the rate at which he is evolving in each match does very little to get me invested in his fights.

Ippo says that he's relieved he doesn't have to fight Itagaki and that their age difference is the only thing keeping him as the "senpai", the torch-passing could not get any more repetitive here. And Ippo isn't going to let Itagaki go past him, this is Hajime no Ippo for goodness' sake, so what is the damn point of keeping a friendly secondary character so close to Ippo's power level with implications that he could be surpassed at any moment? Ippo has no shortage of rivals and many of them have surpassed him in a sense (or rather, taken back their position of rank superiority), but it never was beaten to our skulls the way Itagaki's potential is.

Are we going to end with a triple-whammy of Itagaki beating Miyata, taking the Featherweight World Championship from Ricardo Martinez and taking Kumi as his girl, Morikawa? Because that's the message I'm getting here, as unlikely as that ending is!

Anyway, after that we were teased romantic development between Ippo and Kumi, but as suspected, Kumi accidentally slides down the hill on a sled and avoids Ippo's attempt to kiss her. The ways in which development is blocked are so ridiculous that Morikawa's just trolling people. Probably has been for a long time.

Mashiba's OPBF title match was surprisingly good. Then again, I'd say Mashiba probably has one of the best track records for consistent quality matches in this series despite him not developing significantly between each of them. He was basically just fighting a lightweight in-fighter with his usual moves (and actually with less cheating), BUT, the change in weight class actually made a major difference in ways that were not completely unexpected and at the same time not super telegraphed.

The lack of experience in lightweight matches made all the difference, so while Mashiba has gained strength by going 2 kilos up, he didn't account for that lightweights can much more often reach the levels of toughness and power of our featherweight Ippo, and this champion is used to dealing with much worse punches. The chopping right straight, his last line of defense, was no good. And even though Mashiba can become a tougher fighter when he gets pissed off, in this case from his enemy using a few foul moves, he couldn't utilize this because the opponent was an infighter and Mashiba needed to avoid cheating so he won't have to quit pro boxing for another year.

What won him the fight was a 10th round uppercut that he used against Ippo in their spar, as the champion was expecting a blow from above rather than below. Why did he forget this until 10th round? Is he that rusty, is that uppercut such a Pavlovian response to Ippo's presence? The only reason why this match went into 10th round was to make sure to the readers that Mashiba couldn't win by points. Then again there's no reason he'd ever even try to. This is Mashiba, one of the most violent, bitter and cruel boxers in this damn series. He will not lame it out. Still, despite the late use of a simple uppercut, this was a genuinely fun match.

I can't wait to see what comes ne-

Oh...

qLn1SwS.gif

This is "that fight" isn't it? The gimmickiest, stupidest fight in the series? The big stinker that caused many to drop the manga until it recovered?

I have around 200 chapters until I've caught up with the manga, but I dread how many of them are dedicated to this circus act.

Quixzlizx

When does Prison School get good? I tried reading it once because so many people here like it, but I thought whatever I got through in the first volume was pretty bad. I feel like I'm missing out.

wonzo

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan 63

himoumaru63.png

Hita-Hita 14

Seems like a rather dumb way to find some cats but it all worked out in the end.

Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Grimoire 1-27 (END)
:scy:

Average averageness about an average MC and his average kitsune waifu. They get into a number of average battles with average demons wearing averagely designed lewd outfits. Art, writing and cast were pretty average. Ending was below average. Only read it if you picked [x] Touch fluffy tail deliberately the first time.

Wiseblade

Hajime no Ippo 848-857

I can't wait to see what comes ne-

Oh...

http://i.imgur.com/qLn1SwS.gif[IMG]

This is [I]"that fight"[/I] isn't it? The gimmickiest, stupidest fight in the series? The big stinker that caused many to drop the manga until it recovered?

I have around 200 chapters until I've caught up with the manga, but I dread how many of them are dedicated to this circus act.[/QUOTE]
this gon be gud

scy

Hajime no Ippo 848-857

This is "that fight" isn't it? The gimmickiest, stupidest fight in the series? The big stinker that caused many to drop the manga until it recovered?

:)

Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Grimoire 1-27 (END)

:scy:

Average averageness about an average MC and his average kitsune waifu. They get into a number of average battles with average demons wearing averagely designed lewd outfits. Art, writing and cast were pretty average. Ending was below average. Only read it if you picked [x] Touch fluffy tail deliberately the first time.

okay I'll read it

Zweizer

Banned
When does Prison School get good? I tried reading it once because so many people here like it, but I thought whatever I got through in the first volume was pretty bad. I feel like I'm missing out.

Well the first few volumes can be pretty cringe-worthy in how awkward the whole thing is but as it goes on it becomes much more obviously self-parodic in nature notably with the shameless fanservice and ridiculous notions that pertains to one's way of life and beliefs yet remains a rather accurate portrayal as far as commentaries go of the challenges one must overcome in order to attain their goals as well as the strength of bonds old and new not to mention the importance of entrusting one's fate to the whims of the universe yet learning to overcome them and to never give up even when one's situation becomes most dire, because that's what the meaning of life is.

In other words, it's a metaphor for life. And asses. Endure and appreciate the madness that's life.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yogashiten Galaxy

Well that was interesting. The end got a bit weird though, but it wasn't all that bad. Nice to see Wakaki's humor again.

Nordicus

The first volume of Prison School is pretty reserved, the series gradually builds up its insanity and reaches godlike status by end of volume 7. Try reading at least the second one to get a better picture.
Well the first few volumes can be pretty cringe-worthy in how awkward the whole thing is but as it goes on it becomes much more obviously self-parodic in nature notably with the shameless fanservice and ridiculous notions that pertains to one's way of life and beliefs yet remains a rather accurate portrayal as far as commentaries go of the challenges one must overcome in order to attain their goals as well as the strength of bonds old and new not to mention the importance of entrusting one's fate to the whims of the universe yet learning to overcome them and to never give up even when one's situation becomes most dire, because that's what the meaning of life is.

In other words, it's a metaphor for life. And asses. Endure and appreciate the madness that's life.
lDmjWB0.gif

this gon be gud
T_T

Zweizer

Banned
okay I'll read it

I have to ask if you have yet to stumble upon a manga that was so garbage that even you couldn't muster the willpower to finish it (and I mean garbage as in Banana no Nana garbage, not as in too freaky for you), because at this point I have to question your sanity for reading all these LN shite-level series.

Quixzlizx

I do have a rather intense affinity for asses, so I think I'll give it another shot.

scy

I have to ask if you have yet to stumble upon a manga that was so garbage that even you couldn't muster the willpower to finish it (and I mean garbage as in Banana no Nana garbage, not as in too freaky for you), because at this point I have to question your sanity for reading all these LN shite-level series.

There's probably been something but it's honestly more likely I just forgot to keep reading it rather than actively going "This is too bad for me to even continue." Like, I just kind of forget to pursue it rather than deciding that it's not worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom