• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd not say she's in healing mode, but she's definitely intensely staring at the trigger that turns it on. She knows that she's been selfish and she has fucked up. That's a start

That's fair. I guess she has to wait until Ishida wakes up. I mean everyone not named Kawai understands her and she even has a friend! That's better than what most characters have been dealing with for the last 48 chapters.

BuUTTBLCUAA5TnQ.jpg

Things I got today, pretty hyped for them

Monster Hunter - Senkou no Kariudo 01

Monster Hunter as a shounen manga, pretty much.

Hot blooded hero, rival/partner he doesn't get along with. A lot more interesting than playing the games, lol

there was a manga(s) that was a collection of short stories. i remember one of the short stories being about a woman/girl who was about to kill herself but then an old lady paid and basically the woman took over the girls body and did amazing things. anyone remember?

Busaiku

So Crunchy finally has the while series up.
I though it'd more of a comedy, but it's some pretty heavy stuff.

I dunno about the future stuff though.
Doesn't that kinda undermine what Fuuta's doing.

Koe no Katachi 48

Holy shit. Kawai is such a slimy, disgusting, manipulative weasel.

I swear if someone else in this manga slaps or hurts Shoko I'm going to fly to Japan and whack the author in the head with a newspaper. These people are awful.

As much as I hate Ueno, I really hope she tears Kawai a new one.

Dresden

Koe no Katachi 48

Holy shit. Kawai is such a slimy, disgusting, manipulative weasel.

I swear if someone else in this manga slaps or hurts Shoko I'm going to fly to Japan and whack the author in the head with a newspaper. These people are awful.

As much as I hate Ueno, I really hope she tears Kawai a new one.

Embrace Ueno, friend. Not-so-secret best girl.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Since they're in a similar situation in the future, whatever's done now won't change things.

He's not trying to do things though, he just wants to find out what happened in this cycle of reincarnation that caused that girl to hate him.

Also I think the manga is showing non-linear reincarnation, unless there's a twist and this sci-fi city is the distant past like star wars.

Hanged Doll 1-end

Spiritual precursor to Superior Day apparently. Probably the 2nd best series I've read of the ones that have an incredibly shitty translation (JoJo part 4 will always be king). Starts out relatively light and then gets absolutely brutal. Kids sure are assholes.

Dresden

All caught up on Tokyo Ghoul now, even the randomly intervaled chapters that are far ahead of what have been linearly translated/assembled so far. So - it's a really solid battle manga with spurts of terrific art (and oodles of rough patches), and as long as I don't concern myself with what could have been, it's totally fine, and totally enjoyable.

Wrapping up with chapters 133~137 after reading 104 was somewhat jarring but I dealt with it, brothren. One of the middle chapters was also worth reading because touka.

_hekk05

Banned
All caught up on Tokyo Ghoul now, even the randomly intervaled chapters that are far ahead of what have been linearly translated/assembled so far. So - it's a really solid battle manga with spurts of terrific art (and oodles of rough patches), and as long as I don't concern myself with what could have been, it's totally fine, and totally enjoyable.

Wrapping up with chapters 133~137 after reading 104 was somewhat jarring but I dealt with it, brothren. One of the middle chapters was also worth reading because touka.

I feel bad now because I migrated to chinese scans as soon as english scans ran out and I enjoyed the story without jumping around

The centipede thing did feel like a bullshit shounen powerup, even though I knew it would happen eventually

Quasar

Girl's of the Wilds 148

Dal Dal ...

Nooo you're like the author's mascot what is he doing to you ...

That's kind of why its problematic. Normally with that kind of breakup I could imagine Dal Dal being written out or de-emphasised or turned into a villain. Being the comics mascot kind of makes it a problem.

Zephyx

Koe no Katachi 48

NF90z0s.png

Kawai disgusts me. She's a scumbag, but she doesn't realize she's a scumbag. The worst kind of scumbag.

Need to read the new chapter. o.o

Btw, where are you people getting your avatars? I think I already saw three variations with same backgrounds but with different characters in the middle.

Since they're in a similar situation in the future, whatever's done now won't change things.
Yar, what Antiwhippy said. He only wants to uncover the truth and hopefully stops the cycle of hate. The reincarnation is not linear, as evidenced by Flors having Vann's curse mark despite Ancient Greece happening way before Medieval Europe.

So even though Lafalle chronologically lives in the future, he's still Fuuta's "past".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom