• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Prison School 137

Kiyoshi was lucky that they didn't went to check on Chiyo afterwards.
That glorious boner though.
The dwarfs pictures are killing me.

dani_dc

Thanks!

Im finally going to buck up and read through it instead of waiting for S2 news.

A good call, I enjoyed the anime, actually watched it after reading the manga which is something I usually don't do, but overall I preferred the manga.
Can't wait for S2 though, especially to see best character animated (manga spoilers)
Haru Onodera.

It wouldn't hurt to start at the beginning either if you want to see some small stories they skipped over.

Yeah, this too. Plus it's a quick and enjoyable read.
Whenever I watch an anime and then switch to manga I tend to go back and read from the start (did so recently with Attack On Titan).

TUSR

Banned
It wouldn't hurt to start at the beginning either if you want to see some small stories they skipped over.

A good call, I enjoyed the anime, actually watched it after reading the manga which is something I usually don't do, but overall I preferred the manga.
Can't wait for S2 though, especially to see best character animated (manga spoilers)
Haru Onodera.

Nobody stops this harem from growing.

I ended up reading the festival chapter of the manga to see how faithful Shaft's adaptation was and I was pretty impressed. I can easily see this show being picked up for a S2 because of how popular the manga has been, but I just can't wait anymore.

I have that image saved of what chapters have been animated and which were skipped and which girl they focused on. Has it been updated in the last 2 months?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haha, I mentioned how dumb Rumbling Hearts is in this thread (comparing it to Smutterfly) and I noticed that some guy in the anime thread is actually watching it.
KuGsj.gif

dani_dc

Nobody stops this harem from growing.

I ended up reading the festival chapter of the manga to see how faithful Shaft's adaptation was and I was pretty impressed. I can easily see this show being picked up for a S2 because of how popular the manga has been, but I just can't wait anymore.

I have that image saved of what chapters have been animated and which were skipped and which girl they focused on. Has it been updated in the last 2 months?

Yeah, I was impressed with the adaptation as well, very high quality, some scenes really impressed me (such as the one with Raku with Tsugumi on the locker) with their execution. Though I felt the anime focused more on romance than the manga did, mostly due to pacing and focus of the romance scenes, not a bad thing, just different.

No update to that image as far as I know, though assuming it was accurate at the time, there really wont' be much need to update it until a S2 rolls out (I imagine we'll see one at some point next year, as you said the manga is pretty popular)

Nordicus

4j2E8Si.jpg

Hajime no Ippo Victory of the Punching Bag 881-894

Ippo still tries infighting Wolly but Wolly manages to still unsurprisingly dodge the punches and throw guardbreaking blows that Ippo, given the strength the manga wants us to believe he still has at this point, should in my honest opinion be able to block. Then by catching Wolly with his shoulder and doing a tap from there, Ippo now has technically landed a hit on him. Yay. He honestly should have tried that way earlier. It's harder to parry when the visibility's blocked, no?

Ippo's spirit is raised, he wants to hit Wolly five times now. but theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Morikawa thinks his audience hasn't been toyed with enough and Wolly does a jump that lands him on the side of the corner post, and lets him stick to itwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat Joji you sadistic asshole, I hope this was worth it, I hope you splooshed all over your work desk while making this because none of us are having any fun!

Wolly's showing his monkeyman antics and is getting bored of this fight's repetition (most of us are way past that point), he goes on offensive again and Ippo sees this as an opportunity to land hits! Ippo, half of your opponents play keepaway in this series, you should have known to lure him into doing that from the beginning. Not that it should honestly matter, given how shitty Ippo has been at responding to attacks this whole fight, but I guess now he can say "Tag, you're it!" five times.

Ippo gets knocked back into his corner and is saved by the bell. The Kamogawa boxers aside from Takamura are all "boohoo, we train so hard, especially Ippo, it's not fair that he's not winning against this newbie". You fucks, of course Ippo could be winning this fight if he had trained smarter, not harder! Ippo's training for this fight was almost self-sabotage.

Ooh but wait, in his hurry to finish this boring match as if pressured by the readers, Wolly gets too cocky during a dash forward and takes one of Ippo's straights full force! He guards it, but Ippo's monstrous strength still sends him flying to the other side of the ring into a corner. Not wanting to be outdone in the competition of carelessness, Ippo rushes to Wolly and tries to corner fight. You know what the results of this are? I bet you know, so I'll just skip it.

By start of 7th round, Ippo has hit, or rather, gently massaged Wolly's abs 12 times. Once in round 4, five times in 5th round and 6 during 6th. The last two times Wolly has come out of the corner between rounds, he has commented on being hit on the foot with the stool as he's standing up, but he was actually never hit. Of course, as one would probably suspect, this means Wolly was hit by just enough force in the body these last 3 rounds that his legs aren't functioning properly now. Ippo sees Wolly constantly messing up his footwork just a little and with that change he's finally getting more motivated for the right reasons. He hits, and actually starts drawing blood from Wolly!

Ippo is on the winning side by the end of the round and when Wolly goes to his corner after the bell, properly injured and tired for the first time, what familiar pattern does his second see on Wolly's body? Why, it's KAMOGAWA'S MOTHERFUCKING IRON FIST- no, no, I don't accept this, Ippo did not deserve that. Unless there were proper body blows in the mix that I did not notice, Ippo should not have dealt nearly enough damage for that. Morikawa had to waste such a potentially awesome callback on such an inappropriate moment. I'm not angry anymore, now I'm just sad.

Now, at one point Miguel commented that Ippo's springy cushioning legs and the preparedness to get countered have made him capable of taking this many blows, but I honestly think Ippo should have lost, or at least had his face on the canvas multiple times by this point. I think this might be the largest number of punches Ippo has ever taken cleanly, and he is going against a man who swings from tree to tree and plays tag with apes on a daily basis. I reckon Wolly's punches should at least pack a bit of a, well, punch.

Finally, feeling like he has a proper chance of losing, as not only is his footwork messed up, he's tired too for the first time ever, Wolly goes into the corner deliberately, and Ippo comes at him for a final confrontation (did I call it or what?). Ippo starts up his Dempsey Roll and apparently the 8-pattern is so intimidating that Wolly can't get past it! Too tired to actually finish the Dempsey Roll, Ippo goes for a wide liver blow instead and wins!

Then Ippo goes to sleep after experiencing the most one-sided fight of his life, but does not wake up again. Wait no, I'm messing up my boxing stories entirely there.

*a song plays in Nordicus' head as he finishes the final chapter that covers the fight*

*tears run down his cheek, but he is not sure whether they come from a feeling of accomplishment and triumph, or sadness and heartbreak*

I plowed through all of Prison School in two days right after I heard the anime announcement. Now when I close my eyes, all I see are boobs and butts.

Also, Hana best girl.

Sayad

Prison School 137

Kiyoshi was lucky that they didn't went to check on Chiyo afterwards.
That glorious boner though.
The dwarfs pictures are killing me.
That and seeing volume 14's cover art afterward, it all make sense now! I never laughed so hard at a manga volume cover.

Revo

Poor Nordicus.

Moekoi 4

Bluh. Nothing interesting or enjoyable ever came out of this. Will never be remembered past this post.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koe no Katachi

Kawai not kawaii~

Yamada

Odagiri on the other hand; this is totally setting up a Tamaki x Odagiri sparepair.

Koe no Katachi 48

Wow, I actually feel kind of bad for Kawai. She's completely delusional and it looks like the only person that's still on her side is Mashiba who I'm pretty sure is a straight up sociopath. Ueno is going to completely destroy her. Maybe she can still get a ride on the healing train?

Yamada 121

gee I wonder where this could be headed

Prison School 1-5

I already read like 10 or so chapters of this a while ago, but I'll start again. Just for you GAF.

Zweizer

Banned
Koe no Katachi ch48

I have no idea who I should support. Ueno? Or Kawai?

They're both horrible. I can't fathom things ending well for them.

Rooster12

Kuroko

680.jpg

This sucked. Some of the most boring stuff I've ever read. It's about this 2 siblings who goes around and fight evil spirits and hunt ghosts, like the show "Supernatural" except without any character or entertainment.

However, I was surprised at the gore they showed, since all the characters were drawn so childishly.

nRasIZO.jpg

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 121

Odagiri best girl.

Screw the plots they have been trying to do/avoiding for a dozen chapters, just give more odagiri.

UQ Holder 42-45

This school arc is already more interesting than anything before it. Also Akamatsu is such a troll with these kid lookalikes.

Koe no Katachi ch48

I have no idea who I should support. Ueno? Or Kawai?

They're both horrible. I can't fathom things ending well for them.

Ueno's already in healing mode. Kawai just called a hit on a girl via her sociopathic friend. It's an easy choice.

dani_dc

I plowed through all of Prison School in two days right after I heard the anime announcement. Now when I close my eyes, all I see are boobs and butts.

Also, Hana best girl.

Hana is without a question the best female character in the series. Whenever the focus is on her you know there's fun to be had.

That and seeing volume 14's cover art afterward, it all make sense now! I never laughed so hard at a manga volume cover.
Ah, I hadn't made that connection yet!

Nordicus

Ueno's already in healing mode. Kawai just called a hit on a girl via her sociopathic friend. It's an easy choice.
I'd not say she's in healing mode, but she's definitely intensely staring at the trigger that turns it on. She knows that she's been selfish and she has fucked up. That's a start

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder

For a second I assumed it was just evil Chisame, but I guess not. I guess its just Tomoko Kuroki. (Speaking of immortal robots, where's Chachamaru?)

The fact that Kuroki says Touta was "born" 4 years probably means he's just a clone of, or just is Negi himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom