• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
thats the pink hair one right?

I am guessing the "hero academy" one will last as long as stealth symphony

Pink rhino hair.

If it actually matters, according to the speed of chinese scans, yoakemono is the most popular. I can see Hero Academia making a comeback if the academy is interesting though

Pink rhino hair.

If it actually matters, according to the speed of chinese scans, yoakemono is the most popular. I can see Hero Academia making a comeback if the academy is interesting though
It becomes harder and harder to make an original work after multiple series came before you.
When a reader read an abundant amount of Shonen with a multitude of one ups plot twist romance ,etc... it becomes difficult to stand out to such a reader.

That or they don't give it a chance :/

if they don't have enough creativity then the overall art and balance of the art for the specific setting of the series is essential

Shokugeki no Soma's plot is pretty neat but just imagine how the popularity of the series would suffer if it was illustrated to look like Hime Doll

that would be a disaster

Also, the art is pretty much what makes prison school work.
exactly it adds to the atmosphere
by all the heavily detailed character reaction pics you guys show for it makes it look intense
Edit: The Darwin pic is especially extraordinary

-----
Never read these new series but

• Rhino head looks creepy
  • Sumo hair looks displaced as a sumo and disproportional
  • Hero dude looks like a airhead for the sake of being a airhead
Other then the Sumo dude they don't look like main characters

Tower of God

After reading the current chapter where a character is prying into Wangnan's (orange hair kid) past i remembered he's supposedly the "prince of zahard" and given that injury he suffered which people thought should have killed him i guess its not of base given Zahard's apparent immortality.

_hekk05

Banned
LIttLE13 progress report: 27/56 done

It's already midnight here I'm off to sleep

any volunteers to proofread after I'm done?

'lo, again, MangaGAF. Where should one start with CLAMP? Is starting CLAMP even worth it?

Ah, I love CLAMP.

Cardcaptor Sakura is their most popular, most least confusing and most kept in one universe series, lol. It's pretty much your general shoujo series.

Other pretty good series of theirs that isn't that confusing:
Magic Knight Rayearth
Wish
Angelic Layer
Chobits
Kobato.

The following are closely related to each other (same characters, universe), but are still pretty good stand-alone:
Man of Many Faces - More romance-y
Clamp School Detectives - General solving cases and such
Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders - Super Sentai silliness

Tokyo Babylon and its unfinished sequel X/1999 are a lot darker than their other series but I really like them. I just wish it would be finished already.

Legal Drug and its continuation Drug & Drop are more supernatural-y.

And finally xxxHolic and Tsubasa are the most confusing of the bunch. xxxHolic not so much but there are some spill over into Tsubasa. Tsubasa on the other hand is basically like Kingdom Hearts CLAMP.

You could always start with one of their earlier and shorter works to see how you feel about CLAMP. I always found them enjoyable and they are one of my favorite groups.

Tsubasa on the other hand is basically like Kingdom Hearts CLAMP.

IIRC

The point where i realized that both main characters were not the "real" version of themselves (and they are already alternate versions of the main characters from Cardcaptor Sakura) and both switches were orchestrated by the big bad i was like "we kindgom hearts up in here LOL"

i think i just fucking stopped some point after...

Tower of God

After reading the current chapter where a character is prying into Wangnan's (orange hair kid) past i remembered he's supposedly the "prince of zahard" and given that injury he suffered which people thought should have killed him i guess its not of base given Zahard's apparent immortality.

I have not read the last 50 chapters. I forgot all these plot points since there are always new characters, and new plot points.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Silver Nina 43-44

Let8qms.png

lol

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 114
Kon chapter!! I didn't peg Hotori for being interested in becoming a librarian.

Smutterfly Effect 21

Hey scy guessed correct with
the pairing
but oh shit are we back on the bad route for him :O

i will say fake out though due to 1 chapter left (unless the author is the greatest troll of all time).

scy

Best Friend MurderSmutterfly Effect 21 - MURDER ROUTE.

In two chapters we went through 13 years. Hm. There's something here that feels unrewarding, I guess? I dunno, just feels like sticking it to their college years would seem better. Well, assuming A) He doesn't get murdered (probably won't) and B) Yoshino route still happens.

Best Friend MurderSmutterfly Effect 21 - MURDER ROUTE.

In two chapters we went through 13 years. Hm. There's something here that feels unrewarding, I guess? I dunno, just feels like sticking it to their college years would seem better. Well, assuming A) He doesn't get murdered (probably won't) and B) Yoshino route still happens.

tbf good on the author for not padding it with shit though.

scy

I guess I just find the pairing side of concluding Kazuya and Yoshino's story to be weird that it basically just gets put on hold for nearly 15 years. Feel like resolving that and then getting to them in their 30s in an epilogue and one last murder joke (probably) to make more sense than the opposite way.

I'll reserve judgment on that point for when I see the ending though.

Zweizer

Banned
Madoka and Mei’s Secret Workshop ch1

Meh. No introduction and messy presentation. The only thing it has to go for it is the rather old-school art.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I just find the pairing side of concluding Kazuya and Yoshino's story to be weird that it basically just gets put on hold for nearly 15 years. Feel like resolving that and then getting to them in their 30s in an epilogue and one last murder joke (probably) to make more sense than the opposite way.

lol "one last murder joke"

Either its going to turn out that Yoshino has time warping powers also, or he's gonna warp back again and do a better job of picking that shit up.

Wiseblade

Ippo 1063

Ippo should have landed a solid hit ages ago. Gonzales has been pulling out all the hax with effortless blocks against a guy known to break bones with a single punch. The fact he won an in-fight earlier was beyond ridiculous too.

Zweizer

Banned
Taiyou no Ie ch16-17

Lots of beating around the bush again. It's crazy how there can be consistent progress in all these plot threads yet it always feels like it'll take ages before they'll get resolved.

scy

First Love Suicide Pact 35 - "I was scared to die alone" is what I have my money on and she figured he was an easy mark to convince into it.

On the bright side, this could potentially mean an ending soon! Maybe somebody dies then!

lol "one last murder joke"

Either its going to turn out that Yoshino has time warping powers also, or he's gonna warp back again and do a better job of picking that shit up.

Seriously, I wanna see some resolution for the pairing since that seems to be a pretty big part of the story and it seems weird to me that "so yeah, that high school crush thing 15 years later, that still a thing? Yeah? Cool."

and if they don't end the story with some joke of Masaki trying to kill him or like a brohug or something I'll be damned surprised honestly

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It doesn't even make sense that Masaki could kill him with his bare hands. He's a total little bitch.

The fact that Yoshino would even be willing to talk to Kazuya after the weird ass shit he does like handing her family planning shit in the woods, is already weird.

Seems like a direct contrast where

shitty universe = MC being scum/not caring, Yoshino in some shady shit, his friend being a recluse for 15 years all culminating to her dieing, friend going insane and the MC dieing because of that.

this universe = MC being a better person, Yoshino on a better path, his friend not being much of a recluse anymore for 15 years all culminating into her not dieing, friend doesn't go insane, MC doesn't die?

Seriously, I wanna see some resolution for the pairing since that seems to be a pretty big part of the story and it seems weird to me that "so yeah, that high school crush thing 15 years later, that still a thing? Yeah? Cool."

and if they don't end the story with some joke of Masaki trying to kill him or like a brohug or something I'll be damned surprised honestly

It doesn't even make sense that Masaki could kill him with his bare hands. He's a total little bitch.

The fact that Yoshino would even be willing to talk to Kazuya after the weird ass shit he does like handing her family planning shit in the woods, is already weird.

hmmmm

Angry Grimace

you mean you don't hand out condoms to pick up girls when in the woods?

I still find it weird that she had to move away to get an abortion. I didn't realize the abortion clinic in Japan was so unreliable that the people who work there would immediately start telling everyone you got an abortion.

scy

Seems like a direct contrast where

shitty universe = MC being scum/not caring, Yoshino in some shady shit, his friend being a recluse for 15 years all culminating to her dieing, friend going insane and the MC dieing because of that.

this universe = MC being a better person, Yoshino on a better path, his friend not being much of a recluse anymore for 15 years all culminating into her not dieing, friend doesn't go insane, MC doesn't die?

I get all that for why it shows the 15 years later bit.

I'm just at a loss as to why it does that before resolving Kazuya and Yoshino. It feels more like an epilogue thing to wrap up the story and not the setup for the final resolution, y'know?

I still find it weird that she had to move away to get an abortion. I didn't realize the abortion clinic in Japan was so unreliable that the people who work there would immediately start telling everyone you got an abortion.

Abortions are the top of the list for gossip!

eh if someone sees her or her parents coming from that place i could expect shit flying through the grapevine at that point.

or a "friend of a friend" saw them there, same deal.

I get all that for why it shows the 15 years later bit.

I'm just at a loss as to why it does that before resolving Kazuya and Yoshino. It feels more like an epilogue thing to wrap up the story and not the setup for the final resolution, y'know?

I can see that epilogue scenario and with this latest swerve it seems to say its not complete yet.

Angry Grimace

eh if someone see's you or your parents coming from that place i could expect shit flying through the grapevine at that point.

I can see that epilogue scenario and with this latest swerve it seems to say its not complete yet.

So like hoodies aren't a thing that exists anywhere, I guess? I don't know, seems really suspect. It also seems suspect she had to stay in Tokyo after getting the abortion.

I mean, its just a eensy-weensy bit of an idiot plot. In fact, it reminds a little of Kima ga Nozomu Eien, which is another series with way too much melodrama and a totally absurd idiot plot.

Revo

Looking for a Father 15

Ha-Yeon, don't go back in, it's scary in there.

Red String 3

Master will help you use the bathroom~

So like hoodies aren't a thing that exists anywhere, I guess? I don't know, seems really suspect. It also seems suspect she had to stay in Tokyo after getting the abortion.

I mean, its just a eensy-weensy bit of an idiot plot.

Well i assume you can't dress like that in the clinic itself which could be another source.

then starts the "friend of a friend who works there told me" bullshit.

Revo

Tokyo Ghoul 103

That grenade seems pretty OP.

Noblesse 332

I guess it's to the officials next week :(

Poor Muzaka. He just can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom