• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Sumire 16 v4
HZAvQOA.png
Oh shit, what a game changer. Even though they're basically just the antithesis to Sumire and the old man, everything got like 10 times more absurd because of them.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 33

This series has the best parents.
Another series with a new character for the harem being introduced.

Akito

Sumire 16 v5 (end)
ibpXwonezVY6Fn.jpg

OMG, when I first started this I was expecting an entertaining comedy but never in a million years I would've thought that it would give me all those feels ;______;
The ending was as perfect as an ending can get, everyone should give this series a at least a try, it might be one of the best coming-of-age stories you've read.

Chariot

Well, the series looks pretty short with 16 chapters, I will probably read it before I go to bed, your impressions made me pretty interested.

Sumire 16 v5 (end)

ibpXwonezVY6Fn.jpg

OMG, when I first started this I was expecting an entertaining comedy but never in a million years I would've thought that it would give me all those feels ;______;
The ending was as perfect as an ending can get, everyone should give this series a at least a try, it might be one of the best coming-of-age stories you've read.

See :p

also i loved how a specific
running gag came to its logical conclusion

Haha yes, one of the reasons why I thought the ending was perfect, simply a stroke of genius.

Indeed.

What made it fun
was that not only the characters were questioning it (iirc the grown up girls in the ending did it at various points when they saw adults) but you as the reader also, until the end.

This series need more recommendations in here again

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I feel like it's a pretty biting, yet affectionate satire on manga writing in general.

For every bubbly, manic pixie dream girl character out there, there is a middle aged man controlling her.

Super meta.

Chariot

Actually that's the other series Sumire 17 Sai, this one is around 50
Oh. Shit. I just finished 17. Well, if it is as you said that should be no problem.

Also I feel like it's a pretty biting, yet affectionate satire on manga writing in general.

For every bubbly, manic pixie dream girl character out there, there is a middle aged man controlling her.

Super meta.
This is scary. You made moe scary :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Super meta.

KeanuReeveswoah.jpg

Ass. Classoom

The new costume is so cool! and new enemies appear, targeting bitch sensei. If she's killed.....the reaction will be delicious!

Zweizer

Banned

Super meta.

Woah.

I should read this.

Do I start with 16-sai or 17-sai?

Lynd7

Is One Punch Man only available digitally? Im in Australia and can't seem to be able to buy it from the ibook store.

Also, any recommendations for a manga podcast?

Busaiku

Kazuki Makes Love Happen?! At an ALL BOYS High School

Judging by the title and all the Kazuki wishing for Yu to be a girl, I'm guessing Yu will become a girl in next week's chapter.
Probably related to the pendant.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.03

JRdXoVyl.jpg

Vol.3 and we are introduced more to the class rep, Oshima and the potential love triangles building up everywhere. And knowing what happens I rather like Oshima and her character. She provides a good growth of character and while she starts as a potential love rival I like how she becomes part of the gang later on. Of course this is all different from the other love rival, who I think doesn't really add much to the story.

But enough spoiling, I think this was a great chapter of building things up in terms of relationship. Helps having Mitty and Haru slowly understand each other and where they stand with each other in the relationship. It's a nice start and always leaves me wanting the next volume already~

Lain

Kasane 7-10

Can't say I like how these people are basically using Kasane, and how Kasane is letting them use her. She get a nice face and to act, but that's not the way to find the happiness she deserves.

Kasane 7-10

Can't say I like how these people are basically using Kasane, and how Kasane is letting them use her. She get a nice face and to act, but that's not the way to find the happiness she deserves.

maybe it's because it's almost 3 AM but even though I know it's a manga but I can't help but double take and think you're talking about kasane

the other one

the real(?) one

I think

Kasane 7-10

its the usual for these types of stories tbh but hopefully she wises up a bit

maybe it's because it's almost 3 AM but even though I know it's a manga but I can't help but double take and think you're talking about kasane

the other one

the real(?) one

I think

Was legit surprised when i saw the chapters appearing tbh LOL.

Antiwhippy

Wait really?

Can't imagine that being good. Though I can imagine it being so bad that it's good.

Love hell teacher nube though.

Antiwhippy

Man, that is not how I imagined Nube to look like.

Speaking of live action manga adaptations though, which anime character do you guys think nicholas cage could play as? I've been on a serious nicholas cage kick lately.

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 08

A samurai and flashy girl becomes heroes where their only weapons are guns.

This has bad end written all over it, lol

Charade

Family Fight

All the talk about proportions was brilliant.

Kumamiko - Girl Meets Bear 2

This scene.

Murcielago 9

So Miyuki has a mysterious past it seems. Interesting...

Ore Monogatari!! 9

Suna really is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom