• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Prison School's and Parasyte's (little from what I've read) manga don't get butchered as well. Though I'm more worried for Prison School because Parasyte is being backed up by MadHouse, while the former is unknown.

Toei ain't even the worst, look at Studio Pierrot. They killed Bleach with unnecessary filler like about 50% of the series was filler. Beezlebub's anime ending was fuckin ruined which was hilariously stupid. Baby Steps anime looks like shit. And Tokyo Ghouls anime is being butchered with it being rushed, arc's being rearranged, and making the MC look like a hopeless naive child. And the manga is so good from what I've read.

Yeah Toei ain't bad like Studio Pierrot.

I agree that Pierrot is the king when it comes to filler as well as the animation at times is also bad still as bad as the animation at times gets it is better then how bad Toei animation gets

Also the Toriko anime not only added some random extra main character to the series they also had the nerve to alter the Food Arc/ End of Part one with some Vampire uber power BS

Akito

Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo
jTOmGAQ.png
Well that's a cute couple, seems like a feels good and fluffy romance series...

oh you've gotta be kidding me, I'd be shocked if the Utaharas' don't have a single grandma somewhere.

Excuse me while I go do reread of Watashitachi no Shiawasena to wash this disgusting taste off my mouth.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toei ain't even the worst, look at Studio Pierrot. They killed Bleach with unnecessary filler like about 50% of the series was filler. Beezlebub's anime ending was fuckin ruined which was hilariously stupid. Baby Steps anime looks like shit. And Tokyo Ghouls anime is being butchered with it being rushed, arc's being rearranged, and making the MC look like a hopeless naive child. And the manga is so good from what I've read.

Yeah Toei ain't bad like Studio Pierrot.

Kubo was the one who killed Bleach's anime with his shit pacing, Studio Pierrot just happened to have the knife at the time.

what if it is a mobile exclusive?

of course they said that they wanted to go back to being traditional but we all know where Japanese gaming is going

Zweizer

Banned
what if it is a mobile exclusive?

of course they said that they wanted to go back to being traditional but we all know where Japanese gaming is going

Considering the current consoles sales in Japan, most likely Wii U, unless Horii is trolling us with his big screen comment. Of course there's the possibility of them simply sticking to the previous gen.

Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo

Well that's a cute couple, seems like a feels good and fluffy romance series...

oh you've gotta be kidding me, I'd be shocked if the Utaharas' don't have a single grandma somewhere.

Yea i was laughing real hard when i saw the family page.

Then chapter 2 made it funnier

Charade

Koigokoro Metronome & Koiiro Etude by Oosawa Yayoi

A oneshot and its sequel about some love drama in the wind instrument club. When you break it down it's pretty cliche (senpai, oblivious MC) but I thought it handled itself in a subtle enough manner to get past that. Cute and left me wanting some more.

Akito

Sumire 16 v1
Well this is silly. Our FeMC is a 16 year old girl named Sumire or that's what she wants us to believe, she's actually a life-sized doll which gets controlled by an more than suspicious middle-aged man. Nevertheless he (she?) goes to a normal school like the other kids and you can already tell the problems which would occur in the process. It actually took me a little while to get used to this setting but I can almost see Sumire as a separate character now. Dunno if I should be worried about that.

Kieli

Am I the only one that feels extremely powerful whenever someone on ManGAF summarizes a manga and then asks us to check it out?

I'm too strong, too fast, too good.

Zweizer

Banned
Koigokoro Metronome & Koiiro Etude by Oosawa Yayoi

It's a rather straightforward two-shot yuri with typical drama and resolution, but it was cute enough that reading it didn't felt like a chore. Passing marks.

dani_dc

Fuuka 27

O1jLXKF.png

Tama finally starts to realize how dumb she is and the clusterfuck she created.
I would say "can't believe how stupid she was to actually show up" but that's really the less stupid thing she has done so far.

Also new harem girl appears.

Kieli

Birdmen Chapters -1 to 7

Well, the art is nice, I guess? I like the design too. Looks like Godhand Griffith, lol.

Dislike the MC though. Big ball of moping and unfun. Main girl is also "meh". Don't like genki airheads.

dani_dc

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 53

So the dude is Sakura's brother?
This will lead to fun misunderstandings going forward.

Miyako is second only to Seo.

Oh shit im confused by the names

Fuck fuuka

Your brain is trying to delude you into thinking Tama can win by making her the title character.

Soma

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 53

So the dude is Sakura's brother?
This will lead to fun misunderstandings going forward.

Miyako is second only to Seo.

I thought so too at first but realized I read that page wrong.

It's actually Seo's brother.

Akito

its a great series.

plus with its only 5 volumes iirc so just stick with it until the end.
Oh for sure, I need at most a couple more hours.

Sumire 16 Chapter 1

oh shit what is it and why am I addicted to it?

damn you Akito
You ain't seen nothin yet.

Sumire 16 v3
LMFAO just when I thought this could not get any sillier, seeing Sumire in elementary school was even more hilarious.

Usobuko

Banned
The running gag of Sumire where the old man doesn't say anything can be funny at times whenever the over eager Sumire gets herself into trouble.

Alright, I will try them next.

What aspect of them did you enjoy the most? Strong female leads, the fantastic worlds, the grace?
Without any logical reasoning I feel like you would like Kemono no Souja Erin (tv series), Ozoyomegatari (manga) and Sword of the stranger (movie).

I'll say mostly series that handle themselves maturely with great world building. Well crafted female protagonist is a plus. Thanks, but I seen all of them, haha.

Like Chariot said, its hard to pinpoint a recommendation for your needs. So try those:

Shoukoku no Altair
Song of the Long March
The Arms Peddler
Pumpkin Scissors
Ran and the Grey World

I never took notice of Song of the Long March despite recognizing its author from her previous works. That looks great and something I want atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom