• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Waltz no Ojikan 02

More dancing goodness.

I'm going to be interested to see if the main girl stays her slightly heavier ways. I just noticed it's pretty interesting to see she isn't your normal shoujo lead character here.
Reminds me of ballroom e youkoso

Forever no tld chapters ;_;

Nekogurui Minako-san
aVWoJ.png

evolution my friends

Murcielago 7-8
As fast as the lamborghini itself

Usobuko

Banned
Lament of the Lamb ch.1-47

I thought this was good. Like a 7-8/10 good.

It's a slowburn but one that gradually hooks you into its bleak world. The build up towards the ending of chapter 46 was splendidly executed. I would say I preferred it ends there as well because of 2 reasons. The first being surviving & amnesia sours the experience of the previous crafted chapter. The second reason was it disrupts the pacing relatively to the rest of the story, it feels more like an epilogue.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Domino Kick 1-4

Ojousama who is over curious and the butler who protec her at all time

Chapter 1
Heh, that's kinda meh

Chapter 2
ABabababa

Chapter 3
DTL approve

Chapter 4
I always wonder if you can open refigerator from inside as well

Zweizer

Banned
Murciélago ch8

That's quite the lewd fight to death. Kuroko gives no fucks.

Ookii Onnanoko wa Daisuki Desu ka? ch7

Career unlocked: Pimp in 'Murica.

upandaway

Sachiusu 15

Aww, it's my weak spot too!

Hajiotsu 12

The pinky capture was adorable. I hope they're not trying to go for the "she lied about the confession DRAMA" angle because that won't be fun.

Nordicus

Ane Log 22

TEeJe3B.jpg

Sure, whatever floats your boat missy. Ya know what, do us all a favor and finally eat him so your wild delusions stop bothering the two of you

Lament of the Lamb ch.1-47

I thought this was good. Like a 7-8/10 good.

It's a slowburn but one that gradually hooks you into its bleak world. The build up towards the ending of chapter 46 was splendidly executed. I would say I preferred it ends there as well because of 2 reasons. The first being surviving & amnesia sours the experience of the previous crafted chapter. The second reason was it disrupts the pacing relatively to the rest of the story, it feels more like an epilogue.

That's why I also think the last chapter is really conflictive
The entire story carefully constructed a tone of bleakness, of fatalism. Of love sprouting up in the middle of that sad but beautiful story fated to a fade to black, of the tragedy you can see it coming. It's that homogeneous in tone, that at that point I considered an end where both die, but together in an embrace, the expected "good" end, the natural end for the type of story told, a romantic tragedy. But then the guy survives, and it happens to have amnesia of EVERYTHING IT HAPPENED, erasing all that beautiful story from existence, converting the story in something like a heartfelt drama where the main character wakes up at the end, says "lol everything was a dream" and goes on with his normal life. And to add salt to the wound, the secondary girl, the shy dead fly that never had a chance ends with him.
It seems the author wanted to put a twist at the end to surprise people and be less predictable and make a "happy" end, and in the process she didn't notice this story would have benefited me of and end consequent with the rest, and seeing from a outsider perspective it isn't even happy.
But in a way the end really works if you don't read the last chapter!

Chariot

Oh right Chariot, have you read Yandere Kanojo? Considering that you liked Horimiya, it should be right up your alley.
Yes, I already read it. I love that manga.

So, I read two of your recommendations and am very satisfied.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 1-31

What a strange ride. It went quickly from "well, this is interesting." to "pretty weird" to "wtf is happening". This is a clear advantage of recommendations, I didn't know what I would get and so I was really surprised when the vampire twist hit. From the revelation on that class rep is a tiny alien it was a ride full of chuckle and glee. Love this kind of silly.

Takkoku! 1-28

This is awesome too. I love how ridiculously skilled protagonist is. I always have to grin, when he pulls out another "I learned this in country X". Kako is also pretty funny, I love her supporting and her expressions. And of course the completely stupid ping pong techniques people have. Love that stuff.

Dengeki Daisy 1-68

This is interesting. A romance manga with an suspensive thriller element. The couple is cute and has reasonable interactions. But what's even more interesting is the plot regarding Daisy, the computer programs and those who want to obtain them. The competent handling of the many dangerous situations from the side of the protagonists is very appealing.

Zweizer

Banned
Re: the Berserk talk, this just arrived~

I'm scared to use it because it could eat my mouse but it looks pretty cool!

I thought you used mousepads with boobs on it.

Yes, I already read it. I love that manga.

So, I read two of your recommendations and am very satisfied.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed them. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is silly but extremely fun and it's one of these rare harem mangas where you feel compelled to support everyone because they're all endearging in their own way.

I kind of feel bad for hogging you so go read some of panda's recs as well!

Usobuko

Banned
Since I don't get any response in the anime OT thread, is there any manga that can fix my post Moribito and Juuni Kokuki needs? It's been so many years and I find myself drift back to these scenes.

Meh, such a pity Fuyumi has a writer block when she thinks about Taiki.

Zweizer

Banned
Hanayamata ch6

So far it's similar to Kono Oto Tomare! in that outside of its main theme there's really nothing much to distinguish itself from a thinly-veiled cultural ad. At least things might get interesting with the new girl.

Selfish Top and Airheaded Bottom's Yuri Smut ch1-2

Lewdness Meter:
NSFB--------o-:Lain

There's not much to comment on it since the title already covered it all, but... Yeah.

Chariot

Glad to hear that you enjoyed them. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is silly but extremely fun and it's one of these rare harem mangas where you feel compelled to support everyone because they're all endearging in their own way.

I kind of feel bad for hogging you so go read some of panda's recs as well!
Alright, I will try them next.

Since I don't get any response in the anime OT thread, is there any manga that can fix my post Moribito and Juuni Kokuki needs? It's been so many years and I find myself drift back to these scenes.
What aspect of them did you enjoy the most? Strong female leads, the fantastic worlds, the grace?
Without any logical reasoning I feel like you would like Kemono no Souja Erin (tv series), Ozoyomegatari (manga) and Sword of the stranger (movie).

Pssshh, how rude.

I wouldn't mind tomatoes in my mousepad However.
Guts mousepad with silicon muscles needed.

Meh, such a pity Fuyumi has a writer block when she thinks about Taiki.

Like Chariot said, its hard to pinpoint a recommendation for your needs. So try those:

Shoukoku no Altair
Song of the Long March
The Arms Peddler
Pumpkin Scissors
Ran and the Grey World

Stulaw

Smile Brush 16-17

Oh, so the MC's a man.

Tadashii Kodomo No Tsukurikata 1-35

Description:

The future where the Virus of Death shall destroy humanity awaits. In order for humans to avert that destiny, Raito is asked to travel back to the past. His mission: to make sure a normal high school freshman Tanaka Yuu makes children with his childhood friend Takane Kyouko!

And Raito isn't even the MC, it's Yuu who gets most of the focus.

First chapter to come out in a year. It's lewd and funny, and I like it. There's 33 chapters left to be translated.

Foolworm

Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi ch1-End

Also known as The Story of a Dying Girl. True to what the title may suggest, it's an extremely heavy read, despite the somewhat light-hearted first few chapters, and it makes you really relate to the two girls. I'd rather not expand too much on it considering its relatively short length, so I'll simply suggest to those who are seeking for a work filled with emotion to read this story of the friendship between two girls who seem to be polar opposites of each other.

Now, please excuse me while I go lie down.

I don't think I have felt this down from reading a manga since Ai-ren.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 33

The teacher just keeps getting better each chapter, and it's kind of amazing how Kuromine has these random moments of extreme mental clarity at times, like in the car at the end.

IDK what's more terrible, the butchering that Toei did to the Toriko anime or the fact that they said it will be returning after a period of time when the manga pulls farther ahead.
At least Tina will not follow them to the Gourmet World....
I hope

Edit: Fine I'll accept it.... just add some more budget too it... kill those filler cast.... and at least add blood if you're not going to add the gore
Who knows maybe the DVD/BluRay set may actually be okay

IDK what's more terrible, the butchering that Toei did to the Toriko anime or the fact that they said it will be returning after a period of time when the manga pulls farther ahead.

At least Tina will not follow them to the Gourmet World....
I hope

Toei ain't even the worst, look at Studio Pierrot. They killed Bleach with unnecessary filler like about 50% of the series was filler. Beezlebub's anime ending was fuckin ruined which was hilariously stupid. Baby Steps anime looks like shit. And Tokyo Ghouls anime is being butchered with it being rushed, arc's being rearranged, and making the MC look like a hopeless naive child. And the manga is so good from what I've read.

Yeah Toei ain't bad like Studio Pierrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom