• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ya know, I've always wondered why glass mask was never localised. It's freaking huge in japan, and it's not like manga of a similar subject was ignored by the west either (skip beat).

So sad, so sad.

Saiteihen no Otoko 6

feilB2h.jpg

I have no idea where this is going, and seeing as there isn't much left, it was probably cancelled before the original vision could be carried out :/

kasane

Ya know, I've always wondered why glass mask was never localised. It's freaking huge in japan, and it's not like manga of a similar subject was ignored by the west either (skip beat).

So sad, so sad.
Isnt glass mask like one of the best selling manga ever

IRC chat is pretty fun actually.

Glass Mask v 30

Kuronuma sensei is crazy lmao. But some of those actors woudnt wish to be trained by Tsukikage sensei.

Quasar

I don't really consider KNIM to have NTR. She wasn't "stolen" as much as Seo decided to troll the readers again with a random rage-inducing plot twist.

If anything, there was NTR in the opposite direction when he dumped Asuka for her.

See that whole thing didn't affect me, as I read the whole manga through the prism of Haruto's and Yuzuki's story so it was wholly their journey to couplehood.

Charade

Fushigi na Shounen 19

Poor robot boy :( ... This one was alright, not as good as some of the others but it still had some impact. I did like how the ending and beginning connected with that time travel aspect.

WarRock

Nickelodeon ch37
Oh man, that ending. Douman is great, as usual.

Ketchup Ninja up to ch15
dat art

Last Supper
One shot about a weird couple of detectives trying to solve a murder through the last meal the victim had. Nice panels for the jokes ("it was... STEW!").

I started reading Comic Hoshi Shinichi as well, a collection of one shots written by Hoshi Shinichi, each drawn by a different artist. Great stuff.

Busaiku

Man, I didn't know Mushishi ended a while ago.
Dunno why I thought it was still running.

And the books are out of print and super expensive now.
Why.

Shokugeki no Soma Food Warz! Vol.01

Time to revisit the beginning of this fun series. It's pretty interesting to see how different the characters look compared to now, though everything still's as entertaining. The literal sound effects are kinda amusing and I liked they included the original one shot in this volume too.

And who's this tsundere that keeps trying to act like she's important?

Busaiku

The prototype was really weird.
In some panels, Soma looked like stalker guy.
What's her name looked pretty much identical though.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
So I've just read (and caught up to) Vinland Saga.
Glad I read this, very interesting manga. The action is good (in the first part), the art is amazing and the plot is interesting and sometimes goes in unexpected paths. The characters also feel fairly "real".
It's really cool to get snippets of historical fact in the book, though it's hard to resist looking at articles about the places/characters and finding out (historical) spoilers.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Speaking of Vinland Saga ^

Gudrid, the girl that's just introduced,
will marry Thorfinn according to the Norse sagas.

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom