• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Nisekoi 135

Shit, the "love interest/harem candidate is so terrible at singing it makes people physically ill" cliche, I completely forgot about this one.

Marika is MVP for reaction faces this week.

Jintor

I need gutters!

GUTTERS!

Well not always, but the weird overlay-y thing shoujo especially tends to do can irritate.

It's probably why I love 4komas so much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I guess? I'm used to reading this style already though so I guess I can see where the separation is better. I do like the flowing kind of style they go for though.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 135

Was supposed to be a Yui chapter but it was really a Marika chapter in disguise.

2k0G60il.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Domino Kick ch11

Not much charisma this time but I hope the next chapter will welcome us with a dream team of the three butlers.

Lain

Ya know, I've always wondered why glass mask was never localised. It's freaking huge in japan, and it's not like manga of a similar subject was ignored by the west either (skip beat).

So sad, so sad.

Old and long. The two words that will kill most manga localizations, as far as I'm aware. I'm actually surprised we got it over here.

Yo I didn't know that Viz had already licensed Gangsta and Terra Formars. Need to do some pick ups. Also hope Viz licenses Tokyo Ghoul.

Anyone that picks up Gangsta can't be a bad person, so I like you already.

Zweizer

Banned
Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo ch7

I thought he would jump at the occasion. Disappointed.

Spotted Flower ch12.5

Well that's certainly one unique epiphany.

Charade

that page has a really good flow to it though

if you wanna see bad panneling then checkout hox's latest must read analytic

Ever since reading that I sometimes find myself drawing those flow lines in my head when looking a page. It's cool seeing what does and doesn't work.

Antiwhippy

Old and long. The two words that will kill most manga localizations, as far as I'm aware. I'm actually surprised we got it over here.

Osamu Tezuka is pretty old and long too, but I guess it get localised because it's freaking osamu tezuka.

Do you guys have the newer volumes btw?

Prison School 147

Plot no jutsu....

Nothing can happen to the excessively irritating antagonist until the alloted time...The author has given Kate strong plot armour... I mean she looked pretty weak in the past and acts like a coward most of the time...Bit of an anti-climax

Kaichou wa Maid-sama 32

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YES

YES

This manga is the best

YESSSSSYESYSYSYS

Misaki is the best. Usui is the best. Meidos are the best. Everything is best.

Antiwhippy

Kaichou wa Maid-sama 32

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YES

YES

This manga is the best

YESSSSSYESYSYSYS

Misaki is the best. Usui is the best. Meidos are the best. Everything is best.

Now try to imagine how they managed to extend the story so far after this.

Nordicus

Bara no Tameni 43-44

I can't say I'm terribly sad about Kaede having to return. She was fun but having another girl who looks so much like Yuri was a little distracting. I kinda like the overall art style but sometimes people are a bit tough to distinguish, especially when they have blonde hair. On top of that, even Kaede and Yuri suddenly look beautiful like the rest of the characters when the artist draws a serious close-up image of their face.
Brotherly love. So beautiful, so consistently hilarious.
16wFb3h.jpg

upandaway

Ane Log 24

I can be a normal dude and say that she'll be a transfer student in the class as early as next chapter. I can be a gambler bad dude mastermind and say she won't (although I'll still submit she'll be a transfer student in their school, no one is THAT bad). Ah, what a dilemma.

I've been trying not to :/ Although it's pretty obvious how they're gonna do it.

I can't wait to use this image when it eventually ends and Chitoge wins :D

I bet you the author is gonna leave it off as an harem.

And also the true reality is that if Marika wins it would be the best end, because Marika is top tier compared to Shitoge :)

upandaway

Nisekoi

Okay so I went into this thinking it's a Marika chapter because of you guys and it ended up being a Yui chapter. That's not cool.

Nisekoi

Okay so I went into this thinking it's a Marika chapter because of you guys and it ended up being a Yui chapter. That's not cool.

it's technically a Yui chapter, but because Yui is probably the second worse girl in the manga even someone as terrible as Marika was more of a highlight.

Usobuko

Banned
I am just happy that Naoshi struck gold with Nisekoi. He couldn't find success with Double Arts and he did quite a number of one shots before this. Island was my favourite, Koi no Kamisama gets hilarious too. It's the same thing with the Prison School & Genshiken mangaka.

I think if I have to put in a words why I usually prefer these mangaka previous works was because they felt more raw ( for the lack of a better word ). Like something they really wanted to draw this and express themselves when they started out. The trend isn't always like this though, I like Magi & Nanatsu more than Sumomomo Momomo and Kongou Banchou. Here's hoping Tetsuya & Kasai Sui which has a strikingly similar artstyle to Hiroki Endo and Kaoru Mori respectively could make it big time in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom