• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just about finished with Fate, then off to do UBW, I guess.

ak1pbjvq.png

Based Rabac showing why he's the best male character in the entire manga.

I will legit shed tears for the man when he dies and that traitorous scum Tatsumi is still alive.

Esdese cover page looked mighty fine.

Too bad we have to wait for the next chapter for her reaction.

Busaiku

Ugh, hate how Manga Box decided to switch to 2 panels a page for Old Man Frog.
Separating the 4 panel gags is beyond stupid.

Maybe 8 panels a page was too much, but it should be at least 4 a page.

upandaway

Incidentally, Quelana is best girl.

I mean, I don't need a special patch to censor myself. Its just randomly lewd. :lol

What actually happens in that scene in the anime? I mean, how did they get around the plot relevant threesome?
It's not even censorship so much as it is a complete dismissal of anything sex related. They come up with alternative explanations when possible, and generally it's just the same story in an alternate universe where you don't need to vagoo when manaing.

Really, I don't even consider it plot relevant in the Fate route because the reason is so flimsy (although, there definitely is plot relevant sex in FSN).

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 135

This chapter didn't do it for me besides the Tsugumi part.

Wagatsuma-san

I wonder if this is the last arc. Only thing that disappoints me is that Sylvia hasn't done anything for a good while and it'll probably stay that way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's not even censorship so much as it is a complete dismissal of anything sex related. They come up with alternative explanations when possible, and generally it's just the same story in an alternate universe where you don't need to vagoo when manaing.

Really, I don't even consider it plot relevant in the Fate route because the reason is so flimsy (although, there definitely is plot relevant sex in FSN).

IDK, there's really not that much sex so far, its just super graphic and disconnected from the actual plot in that Shiro, Saber and Tohsaka randomly become lewd as fuck despite the fact that we've been seeing the characters for like 13 straight chapters, none of which indicated they were super lewd (including the fact that Tohsaka and Shiro were narrating the plot to the point of seeing stuff in their heads).

scy

suddenly sex

In the attempt to tie the sex to something "plot related", it makes it sort of ... awkward. And sudden.

I actually learnt about this AFTER watching the episode and laughed my ass off.

Shirou is still an annoying piece of Grade A shit though so fuck him.

Shirou's certainly something.

Angry Grimace

suddenly sex

In the attempt to tie the sex to something "plot related", it makes it sort of ... awkward. And sudden.

I don't know, it just makes me start laughing randomly at how contrived the plot relevant sex is. Like, they're having this mana issue, but Tohsaka doesn't mention it while they're still just sitting around safe at home. Oh, and Saber has to really like it. It just makes me laugh that they added extra plot-justification so you couldn't handwave away how unnecessary the plot-relevant sex scene is.

suddenly sex

being fair the Dragon thing made no fucking sense but after hearing what it really was and this was replacing it was pretty damn hilarious.

Shirou's certainly something.

Apparently he gets slightly better in the other scenarios but my god the anime picked the worst fucking route with most of his garbage (that grimace sound he makes when people rightly called him out just added to this shit).

upandaway

IDK, there's really not that much sex so far, its just super graphic and disconnected from the actual plot in that Shiro, Saber and Tohsaka randomly become lewd as fuck despite the fact that we've been seeing the characters for like 13 straight chapters, none of which indicated they were super lewd (including the fact that Tohsaka and Shiro were narrating the plot to the point of seeing stuff in their heads).
Yeah, everything you wrote after "it's just" is exactly what I mean. That weird disconnect is why Realta Nua works just as well if not better for the story.

That said I did read the whole thing, lewd included, and was fine with all of it. But in the same breathe I can't see any reason to do that (well, I guess being able to talk about it on the internet is a pretty good reason)

Angry Grimace

Yeah, everything you wrote after "it's just" is exactly what I mean. That weird disconnect is why Realta Nua works just as well if not better for the story.

That said I did read the whole thing, lewd included, and was fine with all of it. But in the same breathe I can't see any reason to do that (well, I guess being able to talk about it on the internet is a pretty good reason)

Its the tone-equivalent of Kurama explaining that his chakra-transference technique requires Naruto to bang Sakura right there on the battlefield, and then she'll distribute the chakra via her giant slug, so they have 10 straight chapters of fucking while everyone waits for them to finish.

I guess I just don't mind the lewdness because its funny anyways and adding an alternate description isn't going to change the fact I knew there was sex in the original VN.

Zweizer

Banned

Priscilla is best girl, accept no substitutes.

Tyot0n2.gif

being fair the Dragon thing made no fucking sense but after hearing what it really was and this was replacing it was pretty damn hilarious.

It was certainly more random and funnier than the actual scenes and yet manages to be as bad.

I can't recall anyone enjoyed the mana thing for anything else than comedic value.

it's a metaphor

hmmmmmm, but dunno how much that metaphor stands for Kinzo

His virility of course.

upandaway

Its the tone-equivalent of Kurama explaining that his chakra-transference technique requires Naruto to bang Sakura right there on the battlefield, and then she'll distribute the chakra via her giant slug, so they have 10 straight chapters of fucking while everyone waits for them to finish.

I guess I just don't mind the lewdness because its funny anyways and adding an alternate description isn't going to change the fact I knew there was sex in the original VN.
Yeah I guess that would probably just be distracting. It won't work unless you play with the patch from the beginning.

Priscilla is best girl, accept no substitutes.

Tyot0n2.gif
Priscilla is second best. I'm not compromising on this one.

Angry Grimace

To be fair, I'm not sure its possible to write a description of a sex scene in a way that isn't comedic to me, even in well-written western novels.

upandaway

To be fair, I'm not sure its possible to write a description of a sex scene in a way that isn't comedic to me, even in well-written western novels.
I assume you mean a vanilla scene, because I can think of plenty of darker stuff that I definitely can't laugh it :(

(psst, FSN has one of those)

Naruto 689

Wow, guess it's Kakashi's turn to jump on the OP train for a while.
Can't wait to see the villain after this!

Groundhog's Day 593

Mayuri is the best, stealing a line from Aizen.
That got me to, I was wondering if there was a mistake or something.

One Piece 757

Wow, decent chapter. Still wanted to see more of Fuji and Sabo.
Now that Law is free maybe this can start wrapping up.
Rebecca is still the worst.

Zweizer

Banned
Priscilla is second best. I'm not compromising on this one.

You won't accept the fluffy goodness that is Priscilla? I have no hope for you.

Still no Priscilla-tan covenant OTL

It'll be in DS3! Believe!

I assume you mean a vanilla scene, because I can think of plenty of darker stuff that I definitely can't laugh it :(

I agree, vanilla scenes are generally either snore-inducingly boring or laughably awful but the more unusual stuff are generally fine (depending on the quality of writing).

Angry Grimace

Naruto 689

Wow, guess it's Kakashi's turn to jump on the OP train for a while.
Can't wait to see the villain after this!

Groundhog's Day 593

Mayuri is the best, stealing a line from Aizen.
That got me to, I was wondering if there was a mistake or something.

One Piece 757

Wow, decent chapter. Still wanted to see more of Fuji and Sabo.
Now that Law is free maybe this can start wrapping up.
Rebecca is still the worst.

Its going to be Black Zetsu's true form.

WHY WAS THERE A DRAGON

Umineko had Dragon Kinzo, is there some dragon thing I'm unaware of.

Yep.

i was like "WUT?" especially when they were on a bed.

It was certainly more random and funnier than the actual scenes and yet manages to be as bad.

I can't recall anyone enjoyed the mana thing for anything else than comedic value.

I wonder if i would have laughed harder if i knew beforehand.

Angry Grimace

Ia dtl permd?

No. He gets warned about pushing it, and then pushes it very, very slowly when he thinks the mods aren't looking, then gets a vacation. Its kind of a cycle.

Nordicus

Imawabi no Dakini 15 (end)

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT! I've probably not experienced an abrupt "btw this manga was suddenly cancelled" ending chapter before but in this case it's fucking explicit. Chapter 14 was still decently paced but then chapter 15 in a nutshell:

"Our protagonists have been fighting ayakashi every night for 6 months. In order to finish this once and for all before anyone dies, the 3 main characters go to the realm of the ayakashi to beat the big bad Yakan off-panel and they close the mountain gate behind them, leaving the rest behind and humans safe. 50-year time skip happens, and they all reunite happily in afterlife!"

ASDFFDSSFSFASDAFSAFDSAFSA

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Imawabi no Dakini 15 (end)

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT! I've probably not experienced an abrupt "btw this manga was suddenly cancelled" ending chapter before but in this case it's fucking explicit. Chapter 14 was still decently paced but then chapter 15 in a nutshell:

"Our protagonists have been fighting ayakashi every night for 6 months. In order to finish this once and for all before anyone dies, the 3 main characters go to the realm of the ayakashi to beat the big bad Yakan off-panel and they close the mountain gate behind them, leaving the rest behind and humans safe. 50-year time skip happens, and they all reunite happily in afterlife!"

ASDFFDSSFSFASDAFSAFDSAFSA

It's over?!

What the hell.

Angry Grimace

Speaking of things I expect to have random, sex-ensues scenes, I have no idea what's happening in the Shokugeki no Soma raw, but I see a waifu of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom