• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginatama 506

God Damn it... the author should've had the balls to kill him off :mad:

Also know Gintama doesn't take itself seriously but it would've been really great if Sougo lose his hand... Plus I don't want a bloody wheel chair Shinobi leader to be considered a major threat.

It seems all serious Gintama arcs always have the "everyone is badass say your badass lines" turn around when they are in a difficult situation.
:/

Shokugeki no Soma 83 RAW

edge-wwe.gif

gYMBZSZ.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Imawabi no Dakini 14-15

That was the dumbest ending I've read this year.

Yeah, and get this: the catgirl doesn't go into the other side of the gate with them to fight. No, she's forced to stay back, then disappears and randomly dies off-panel at some point because she's present during the reunion as well!

I don't understand why this had to happen. Everything about this chapter was stupid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shokugeki feels a lot like One Punch Man in that all I can think of after reading a chapter is "THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG GET TO THE NEXT FIGHT!".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Baketeriya had a really brutally obvious cancellation ending that barely made sense.

So did Anedoki.

So is Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo.
That shit straight up bullshit!

the final ending is
X. The main character get kidnapped, and here's some unclear clues on who is the true culprit. Good luck finding the answer!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki feels a lot like One Punch Man in that all I can think of after reading a chapter is "THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG GET TO THE NEXT FIGHT!".

You're complaining about
Erina getting screen time
. Nobody can hear you.

Glass Mask v 33

Oh man the cat is out of the bag, Maya knows the truth. What a fatal slip by Hasumi.

Glass Mask v 34

Holy shit at Hasumi past. Its incredible how everyone is deeply tied by the Crimson Goddess.

Glass Mask v 35

Now begins the quest for Maya and Ayumi to become Captain Planet. Wind, Fire, Water, Earth and HEART!

The demonstration of the wind element was beautiful.

Glass Mask v 36

Dat fire element. Dat accident. Dat Hasumi and Maya screams OTP

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The other funny part is that from what we can tell, Eizan is still the current antagonist. He simply happens to have literally done nothing at all so far in furtherance of his obviously evil scheme.

Glass Mask v 37

It is always amusing to see Ayumi and Maya different interpretations of the elements.

Oh that moment where Masumi and Maya were alnoe was sweet.

Quixzlizx

Nisekoi 135

I like how Marika was already #dead before Yui started singing at the beginning. The chapter needed more of her trolling during the lessons.

Angry Grimace

Marika's #dead face is so good.
KuGsj.gif

The gag chapters have gotten a lot better in the last few dozen chapters.

Glass Mask v 38

The Tsukikage sensei flashback ;________________; So many feels

Dat Maya Crimson Goddess.

Glass Mask v 39 ch1-2

Noooooooo. Dont fall to the dark side Ayumi. Pls ;________;

Oh Maya, love hurts doesnt it? Now to the next chapter...........

No more chapters ;_____________;

dani_dc

Nisekoi 135

I like how Marika was already #dead before Yui started singing at the beginning. The chapter needed more of her trolling during the lessons.

She just wasn't paying attention to class, if she had bothered to pay attention she could had avoided the entire suffering to begin with. Her hatred for Yui backfired.

WarRock

I am very behind with Akame ga Kill!, did any of new antagonists died yet? Fat pedo kinda got on my nerves.

Gin no Saji ch105
A... lot... of... vitamin... C... Aaaand I'm starving for some buffalo mozzarella now, thanks Morikawa.

Voynich Hotel 63
They are going after Alice's sister?Oh boy.

Tetsuwan Girl 32-52
I spend so much time appreciating the brushwork on this, damn. Chapters 34 and 38, were very intense.

Scratch that, everything after 33 is intense as heck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm disturbed by the parallels between Copycat Chef and Will Graham from Hannibal.

And when you mix in Hannibal's (the character) own culinary talent...

I think I just ruined Soma for myself.

dani_dc

Saltrika > Doodledera

At this rate Chitoge will be outranked by several variations of other characters (Saltrika, Doodledera) and drop out of the top #10. She was already behind regular Onodera and Marika last I recall. And I'm sure Haru will also top her next time around.

Imawabi no Dakini 15 (end)

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT! I've probably not experienced an abrupt "btw this manga was suddenly cancelled" ending chapter before but in this case it's fucking explicit. Chapter 14 was still decently paced but then chapter 15 in a nutshell:

"Our protagonists have been fighting ayakashi every night for 6 months. In order to finish this once and for all before anyone dies, the 3 main characters go to the realm of the ayakashi to beat the big bad Yakan off-panel and they close the mountain gate behind them, leaving the rest behind and humans safe. 50-year time skip happens, and they all reunite happily in afterlife!"

ASDFFDSSFSFASDAFSAFDSAFSA

I've just read this chapter. WOW, what an ending. It's not the first abrupt ending that I've experienced but it surely was one of the worst.

Soma

Akame Ga Kill! Ch. 52

Based Rabac. The balls on this guy.

I guess no one can accuse him of being half the man he used to be.

Akame Ga Kill! 51

Poor Rabac....oh wait!

Akame Ga Kill! 49

CxLxbxN.png

That's some foretelling

huehuehuehue

Akame Ga Kill! 52

Rabac has a big one ball, that's for sure

He's still going to die. We all know it.

WarRock

Yuki no Touge Tsurugi no Mai aka Snow Ridge, Sword Dance
I took an interest in this since I was reading about historical comics earlier today. Since my English is awful, I'll just copy and paste Hox's synopsis:

The closing stages of Sengoku (Warring States) Japan. A setting commonly explored in Japanese manga through vivid scenes of gory battles, samurai, and feats of bravery, honour, and loyalty. Iwaaki Hitoshi dares to go against the popular grain by not focusing on the 3 famous unifiers, but by depicting stories of a society in transition. Rapidly changing cultural norms and class expectations pit the old versus the young, the war-weary versus the war-mongers, and the parochial versus the foward-thinking. The first story, "Snow Ridge," explores the changing role of samurai and provinces while the second story, "Sword Dance," deals with kendo's early evolution from warfare to art.

Basically, first story is a political conflict inside a clan after Tokugawa's rise to power, and the second is one kendo student finally going to war. Same mangaka who made Parasite/Kiseijuu.

Viz to start previewing every new series in Jump or Viz basically dooms every new series in Jump

Viz Media announced its new "Jump Start" initiative at its live Weekly Shonen Jump podcast recording at Japan Expo in California on Friday. Viz's digital anthology Weekly Shonen Jump will run the first three chapters of "almost every single" new series that debuts in Shueisha's original Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan.

The first series under the Jump Start campaign will launch in both the Japanese and English versions of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine on September 8. Two more series will then debut in September. The titles of these new series have yet to be announced in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom