• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I really did not like the 1st volume of Terraformars (part of that may be because I paid for 2 copies), would there be any point in getting more?
I didn't think it was so stupid that it was fun, I just thought it was so stupid that it was stupid.

Probably not worth any more. The fights are more fleshed out and the situation is less hopeless all around after volume 1, but it's still almost entirely people with bug (and other animal) powers fighting giant roaches.

Sword Art Online - 2-banme Demo 3-banme Demo Ii Kara~ (Desu~)

fdAlqOX.jpg

When two girls won't quit in wanting the ultimate Gary Stu.

Well it was pretty amusing.

To be fair, they're hating on shields. A lot of MMOs have tank classes as 2H classes, not 1H/Shield ones.

I can't comment on this because I don't play MMO.

Closest was probably Xenoblade and Reyn pretty much kicked ass in that game.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 2

That betrayal.

That start to darkness.

It pleases me.

And Oh. My. God.

That Raccoon girl (Repeat: A RACCOON GIRL) is cute.

Hope he doesn't treat her too badly.

_hekk05

Banned
New serialisations: Fujiwara Hakushaku no Jyunan (Aobe Mahito)

About a cat and its cosplaying, nico nico douga-ing taking off her top during a livestream owner.

Girigiri Out (Soumatou)

TL note: Girigiri means barely

About a girl who is cursed to be unable to pee until she can't hold it in!

I plan to catch up on Akame Ga Kill once the anime ends, I guess my next question is what should I catch up on before that? Terraformars or Yotsubato... actually asking that question here will get me a billion YOTSUBA responses so I'll just do that and check out the terraformars anime to see if it's any good.

I plan to catch up on Akame Ga Kill once the anime ends, I guess my next question is what should I catch up on before that? Terraformars or Yotsubato... actually asking that question here will get me a billion YOTSUBA responses so I'll just do that and check out the terraformars anime to see if it's any good.

no read terraformars

i just caught up. What days do Weekly Young Jump come out? It is a weekly series now right?

i should probably finish Hoshi no Samidare now though :/

no read terraformars

i just caught up. What days do Weekly Young Jump come out? It is a weekly series now right?

i should probably finish Hoshi no Samidare now though :/

Yo you should read Tokyo Ghoul since it's from Weekly Young Jump. It's a really great manga. You won't be disappointed trust me.

bigkrev

When two girls won't quit in wanting the ultimate Gary Stu.

Well it was pretty amusing.

Some people will do anything to be noticed by Senpai

Count H 01

The sequel to that cute series about a guy who can tell the number of lies a person says and a guy who has told barely any lies.

Nice to see more about them later in life and the harshness of reality. And of course the usefulness of a resource room.

Charade

Once in a blue moon yuri update

Nice write-up! It's funny you should mention the reactions to Mama Mama from elsewhere (and I think I know where :D) since I found that I quite enjoyed it. Well, "enjoyed" it as much as you can with something of that tone. Fluffy stuff's nice, but I like the occasional darker story to break things up :p I also love Amano Shuninta's works, since she has a pretty broad spectrum between the fluff and the more serious stories.

I'll have to check out Kyou Kara Yonshimai since Ebisu-san and Hotei-san is one of my favorites. I've seen the covers before, I should've realized the art looked so familiar!

kasane

Count H 01

The sequel to that cute series about a guy who can tell the number of lies a person says and a guy who has told barely any lies.

Nice to see more about them later in life and the harshness of reality. And of course the usefulness of a resource room.

i thought dtl was back

bigkrev

Count H 01

-Vague- memories about the previous series (plot and powers seem right, I just can't place the names), but it's always fun when stuff gets sequels, right?

Story was cute, 3rd guy introduced at the end is obviously going to end up ruining this relationship, and all will be right in the world

_hekk05

Banned
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari chp 3

Racoon slave girl is in full stockholm syndrome mode. Why couldn't it have been a fox girl though T.T

Parasyte END

c5e53548a3.jpg

Great series. The old 90s art style is a weirdly good fit for this, I actually really liked it. The body horror (what I picked it up for) was also great, but I can't really say I expected the series to go the way it did. Honestly there are a lot of similarities between this and what little I read of Tokyo Ghoul, would not be surprised if this was an inspiration.
I'm also happy to know where the panel of the guys hand suddenly turning into a dick is now from. I can find peace in the afterlife knowing this.
Looking forward to the Madhouse adaptation.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All

Y'know what? All these prosecutors, bragging about their perfect records, and how I sullied their name and the like.
Who cares! What about my perfect record. Why can't I get no respect? Everyone's always yelling at me or whipping me.

Being Nick is suffering.

Now that I think about, how the hell Kuroko no Basket ending before Fairy Tail. FT not part of WSJ?

FT is Weekly Shonen Magazine.

Lain

SAO is a special case. It started out with promise, but sinks so low, so fast that you watch out of a morbid curiosity of what you'll be subjected to next.

No excuse for people watching the second season though. Fool me once...

I'm waiting, wallet in hand, to pre-ordered the second season on BRD should it get licensed over here. I'll have the Extra Edition BRD to tide me over until then.

----
360° Material volume 8 (END)
Zncb.jpg

I've finished reading 360° Material, a shojo that was neither too good nor too bad, mostly middle of the road.
The way the story started felt a bit more interesting and maybe a slight bit more fresh than how it ended, but with it being short, with some nice characters and with the drama moments not taking too long to get resolved, the whole experience has been positive.

The end hasn't been all that interesting thanks to the usual
last minute break-up thanks to some kind of drama, followed by doubting on the part of the heroine and culminating with the couple getting back together,
although on the positive side of things, it did make Mio show a certain character growth
, making a final, resolute decision, something she hadn't been able to do before.
Probably a bit more interesting was seeing how the relationship between Mio and Taki changed Taki as much as it did,
making him start showing even some negative feelings like jealousy, which culminated in the break-up with Mio in volume 7.

Art was competent enough. The character designs are nice and showed a good range of emotions. It's not as good as something like Dreamin' Sun, Love Button, Daytime Shooting Star or Wolf Girl & Black Prince as far as the range of facial expressions one can see, but it was nice nonetheless.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
WSJ going start releasing on Monday / Tuesday now?

Technically, it always comes out on Mondays. It's just the scans we always get are leaks days before it comes out in Japan.
Sounds like they're cracking down on that though.

Also, I know this is old news, but it might get me to subscribe to International Jump again. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-all-new-shonen-jump-series-from-japan/.77935

Should have done something like this a LONG time ago. Would of had AssClass instead Takamagahara or whatever that was. Would have had Soma instead of... actually nothing new was added that time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koe no Katachi 26:
I hope Ueno falls down a cliff.

dani_dc

Ippo 1068-1069

Very satisfying to see Ippo cold out in the ground.
Next we'll find out about how all that endurance really lead to brain damage, forcing Ippo to retire. The series can then focus on better boxers, like everyone else.

Tonari no Seki-kun 63

That's what you get for paying attention to class. You should know that setting up is part of the show by now.

Koe no Katachi 26:
I hope Ueno falls down a cliff.
You're a bad person.

bigkrev

Tonari no Seki-kun 62

Practicing to appear as an expert on Storage Wars, I see

Tonari no Seki-kun 63

It never pays to be the first to solve a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom