• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
things I did in my 3 days off:

Fuuka 1-28

alright, so... somehow this happened.

this is so far not nearly as terrible nor rage inducing as KNIM. BUT. It will be. I can feel it in my bones.

Haruna's a less annoying MC for starters. His shy nature can grate at times, but in general there's always someone there to pump him up/

Tama is shit tier. Completely uninteresting and will be the worst part of the love triangle.

Fuuka is pretty damn good though. Maybe she's just more my type. Short hair, super quirky, cute. She seems like a lot of fun.

Sara is kind of annoying, but her jealousy could be a good gag point every now and again (like her jabbing him with the guitar)

It definitely does have some dumb moments. Like that guy bottling him at the concert. Just... urgh.

I'll stick with it though. It's fine.

Fuuka > Sara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tama

Tried checking but nothing came up.

Anyway, Jitsu wa watashi wa had a popularity poll and since I know there are quite a few people here who read it here, I thought to post the results so everyone can see how well their favorites ranked.

1409222750157ykrs3.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Dresden used to be the King of Smut, before he got a job policing NeoGAF and cleaned up his act.

Exhibit A:

I missed this earlier, but I guess this is also one of those girls crying during sex manga that are dumb.

Apparently it had a volume deemed as harmful under Japanese law?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I missed this earlier, but I guess this is also one of those girls crying during sex manga that are dumb.
Oh it's dumb alright, but there isn't much crying, except tears of pure joy because the stalker rapist girl gets to be with her husbando.

Apparently it had a volume deemed as harmful under Japanese law?
It depicted sex in all kinds of public locales, on rooftops, in bathrooms, dressing rooms in stores, out in the streets. Apparently it's illegal to set sex scenes in public areas.

scy

To be honest, the ending wasn't even really bittersweet. He waits for her to come back from her travel. It's not like it was a goodbye, it was just a see you later.

That's true. Not really all that bitter there.

Tried checking but nothing came up.

Anyway, Jitsu wa watashi wa had a popularity poll and since I know there are quite a few people here who read it here, I thought to post the results so everyone can see how well their favorites ranked.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Okay, I guess.

Usobuko

Banned
So I went to the School Rumble mangaka profile to see what he has been doing lately, turns out that he looks similar to Harima? Lol.

QFgpBT3.jpg
VR0ypef.png

Usobuko

Banned
Kakukaku Shikajika 28

I thought he would passed away without her noticing but I'm glad he took it up to contact her. She's in a pretty bad dilemma, to follow the wish of her dying sensei or do continue on with her career that just receive a big break.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Fuuka and Nisekoi and Good Ending and Love Hina and every manga like them.

Romantic comedies where it's crystal clear who's gonna win and the rest of the competitors only there to pad out the inevitable are just boring.

That's why Ichigo 100% was really a breath of fresh air, but then again people got angry with the mangaka due to that. People really don't want to leave their comfort zone, bleh.

CLAYMORE

I honestly can't think of any other manga that I have ever read that feature a more intricate/detailed designs of monsters/creatures. Very amazing stuff in here.

Also, catching up, that's gotta be the most beautiful Deus Ex Machina ever.

That's why Ichigo 100% was really a breath of fresh air, but then again people got angry with the mangaka due to that. People really don't want to leave their comfort zone, bleh.

really? I might just take a stab at it.
Getting real tired of shit getting prolonged, i guess the need for money is real.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kakukaku Shikajika 28

I thought he would passed away without her noticing but I'm glad he took it up to contact her. She's in a pretty bad dilemma, to follow the wish of her dying sensei or do continue on with her career that just receive a big break.

Something tells me that she won't do it.

That this work will be a way for her to let go of her biggest regret.

Hayachine! 03

qfA8OqMl.png

Protects you from the sun and bugs by cooking you alive!

Another cute chapter. I like the new character, guy who has a scary face but is actually basically the househusband there, lol

Seiji definitely seems to be the main character right now.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka and Nisekoi and Good Ending and Love Hina and every manga like them.

Romantic comedies where it's crystal clear who's gonna win and the rest of the competitors only there to pad out the inevitable are just boring.

CLAYMORE

I honestly can't think of any other manga that I have ever read that feature a more intricate/detailed designs of monsters/creatures. Very amazing stuff in here.

Also, catching up, that's gotta be the most beautiful Deus Ex Machina ever.

While I didn't hate Ichigo 100% as much as others, it definitely overstayed its welcome for me though.

I definitely hope it's the other girl that wins in Fuuka. Especially since it reminds me of the VN White Album 2.

Barihaken 1

Man, this was on SJ?

Kinda dumb but I'm not really feeling it though.

It sounds like a dumb series.

------------------------------------

To Love-Ru Darkness 46.5

I assume they are taking a bath together only because there's literally no other place for them to talk to each other.

Though, even if it was a chapter of two people being naked the whole time, no laws of physics were broken somehow throughout the whole chapter!

upandaway

One Piece

Hahaha so good. "How can you be so amazing" was the best part. I couldn't stop laughing. Really exciting too.

This opens up the whole crew to get Haki in the future, though the chances are low. I'm guessing maybe Chopper.

It's definitely true that focused chapters are more enjoyable.

upandaway

I still remember the Itokoi Chidori talk in the thread clearly because it was the one time everyone in the thread were discussing and posting panels of a hentai in broad daylight for a bunch of pages straight. I never did read it actually.

I did a hateread with someone?

Yeah, I read Rage Town and Rage Ending and enjoyed seeing just how terrible they became (Until Rage Town became Dull Town and I dropped it), but the only thing a read with someone was Shaman King (which didn't finish, sorry Chari-Bro) and-

AHHHH!

THE MEMORIES I REPRESSED ARE FLOODING BACK

SO MUCH SMUT

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I exposed myself to TLR/Darkness for prolonged periods of time. ¬.¬
You liked TLR

And yeah SK was probably a mistake but it didn't require too much of me by the end. If we ever do it again it'll have to be something like Himouto (heck I'm reading that daily right now anyways). TLR was fun though.

3 years ago, this was how panda posted:

60 chapters later...

I think Sir Dickens remarked on a situation very much like this, it went something like...
Yeah whoa that's a lot of swears. Guess it was some kind of rebellious development phase or something.

Originally Posted by PhillipCostigan

things I did in my 3 days off:

Fuuka 1-28

alright, so... somehow this happened.

this is so far not nearly as terrible nor rage inducing as KNIM. BUT. It will be. I can feel it in my bones.

Haruna's a less annoying MC for starters. His shy nature can grate at times, but in general there's always someone there to pump him up/

Tama is shit tier. Completely uninteresting and will be the worst part of the love triangle.

Fuuka is pretty damn good though. Maybe she's just more my type. Short hair, super quirky, cute. She seems like a lot of fun.

Sara is kind of annoying, but her jealousy could be a good gag point every now and again (like her jabbing him with the guitar)

It definitely does have some dumb moments. Like that guy bottling him at the concert. Just... urgh.

I'll stick with it though. It's fine.

28 chapters in Kimi no Iru Machi had no rage inducing moments at all. I think it was at least 50 chapters in when it got to the Tokyo arc. The manga went bad a bit after chapter 200 -- with the last good chapter being the wedding of Akari. After that it's a lot of filler and then some pointless arcs until the final chapter.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ah... a Mikan chapter. Made this chapter worth reading.
28 chapters in Kimi no Iru Machi had no rage inducing moments at all. I think it was at least 50 chapters in when it got to the Tokyo arc. The manga went bad a bit after chapter 200 -- with the last good chapter being the wedding of Akari. After that it's a lot of filler and then some pointless arcs until the final chapter.

Wedding chapter was definitely the last of the good ones. I was hoping it'd stay at that level but it wasn't meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom