• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I find Iris Zero' story and characters rather average in their execution. The concept and themes on the other hand are pretty great. It's not a masterpiece but it's a worthwhile read.

_hekk05

Banned
"95% of the world is given low level ocular telepathy. High School drama ensues."

It's just too dull for words.

Since such a condition only started being rampant recently and the generation to grow up with it are now high schoolers, what the hell did you expect?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But he never went through with it. In fact one could argue that the beginning of this arc was a new era in Dragonball cause Goku was no longer the protagonist. Then he just throws this concept away and we get the mess of the end we got instead which I thought was silly. I think Toriyama might've had bigger plans for Dragonball with Gohan as the main character, but just never went through with them for some reason.

The art style for example gets lazy, and him dropping plotlines in favor of others kind of suggests to me he was rushing things on through instead of pacing it better.

There's a rumor that Gohan was unpopular as a protaganist, but that's not really substantiated by anything as far as I know.

Iris Zero is terrible. For something with such an interesting premise, it really is boring.

I don't quite understand why they didn't just resolve the last arc with MC coming to grips with school idol wanting his nuts and then it ends.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Its just bi-monthly now because the author has an illness.

I'm kind of confused. The true end of UBW didn't seem ambiguous at all for Rin or Shirou.

Did you bother to think about possibility of Rin you know dying and decisions Shirou would make there of. Archer even states at the end ultimately the fight changed nothing they both gained a small something but UBW Shirou's end point wasn't as well defined. He knows he'll decide not to regret the path but precisely how he'll go about chasing it isn't that well defined either with Rin around.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Eww, your is all jittery and has a watermark. This is how you Luffypunch.gif:
ibv0yGxCU8OJsv.gif

I see jitters in your too. HA

Wiseblade

Since such a condition only started being rampant recently and the generation to grow up with it are now high schoolers, what the hell did you expect?

A Police drama where Zero Detectives and Iris Recruits have to work together on seemingly unsolvable cases.

A Political/Military Drama where some first generation Iris fights against an institutionally discriminatory government, under threat from other nations using the Iris-endowed as living weapons.

I came up with these two ideas while taking a leak.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did you bother to think about possibility of Rin you know dying and decisions Shirou would make there of. Archer even states at the end ultimately the fight changed nothing they both gained a small something but UBW Shirou's end point wasn't as well defined. He knows he'll decide not to regret the path but precisely how he'll go about chasing it isn't that well defined either with Rin around.

Why would Rin die? They basically ran off and got hitched. I mean, sure, if she just ran off, I guess he'd have a much higher possibility of turning into asshole Emiya, but that seems rather unlikely.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Why would Rin die? They basically ran off and got hitched.
Wait did you pay attention to the route. They're going to follow Shirou's ideal that's the point, as in he'll be entering war zones, saving lives fighting constantly. Her life is far from secured. He's essentially going to be doing what Kerry did outside of treating people entirely by numbers, but rather helping as many as he can and bearing emotional, physical risk and toil (basically what Archer did but ideally getting closer to his ideal. If someone has to die that person should be him etc). Rin is a safeguard from him losing and sacrificing everything, but her life isn't exactly secured in such constant danger. Especially if she's in a Natalia like situation

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Holy shit, did I think what happened actually happened? Usopp using haki to take out Sugar (Although unconsciously it seems)? Even without the possible haki bomb-drop, that was insanely awesome on Usopp's part. He's truly earning that "God" title.

Zweizer

Banned
I got stuck in real life, so it's okay to get addicted to an MMO, right? ch5

Not much interesting happened in the MMO yet but I must admit the faces were pretty amusing.

_hekk05

Banned
A Police drama where Zero Detectives and Iris Recruits have to work together on seemingly unsolvable cases.

A Political/Military Drama where some first generation Iris fights against an institutionally discriminatory government, under threat from other nations using the Iris-endowed as living weapons.

I came up with these two ideas while taking a leak.

I'll take my fuwa fuwa manga, thank you very much

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see death pacts have made their way here as well.

It was inevitable really.

Angry Grimace

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun

Welp, I started this.

I see death pacts have made their way here as well.

It was inevitable really.

A what?

Wait did you pay attention to the route. They're going to follow Shirou's ideal that's the point, as in he'll be entering war zones, saving lives fighting constantly. Her life is far from secured. He's essentially going to be doing what Kerry did outside of treating people entirely by numbers, but rather helping as many as he can and bearing emotional, physical risk and toil (basically what Archer did but ideally getting closer to his ideal. If someone has to die that person should be him etc). Rin is a safeguard from him losing and sacrificing everything, but her life isn't exactly secured in such constant danger. Especially if she's in a Natalia like situation

I mean, okay, I guess that could happen.

Haly

Where two people agree to watch one thing together, or to assign each other a particular series. Sometimes, this comes down to each party trying to inflict the most mental damage to the other.

Like if you assigned me KNIM, and I gave you Eden! It's An Endless World.

Angry Grimace

Well hatereads isn't a new thing here

It depends whether its actually hateworthy or not. Fuuka isn't really bad yet, and KNIM was okay until a certain part and then it actually was so absurd as to be funny, e.g. Gum Disease.

Haly

What happened? Mind telling for us kouhais?

I'll have to do some digging, let's see...

Okay, it started here, and it was between Wiseblade and Panda.

Come to think of it, Wiseblade quit Mangaf sometime afterwards and Panda was never the same.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It depends whether its actually hateworthy or not. Fuuka isn't really bad yet, and KNIM was okay until a certain part and then it actually was so absurd as to be funny, e.g. Gum Disease.

KNIM characters weren't likeable enough for me to even laugh at. And the author milked that shit dry...

Wiseblade

That's true, I remember Wiseblade did one with someone else years ago.

We will never forget the Avatar gif we saw that day.

I did a hateread with someone?

Yeah, I read Rage Town and Rage Ending and enjoyed seeing just how terrible they became (Until Rage Town became Dull Town and I dropped it), but the only thing a read with someone was Shaman King (which didn't finish, sorry Chari-Bro) and-

AHHHH!

THE MEMORIES I REPRESSED ARE FLOODING BACK

SO MUCH SMUT

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I exposed myself to TLR/Darkness for prolonged periods of time. ¬.¬

Akito

I'm willing to read anything (at least if it's not like 100 volumes long or something) as an exchange if someone picks up Hot Gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom