• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's not Stockholm, that's just you being Tsundere.

zeromcd73

I don't believe you.

I can't believe you.

Not only that, but judging from the last page it looks like it's doing the classic
Chitoge and Queen swap clothes and Chitoge is mistaken for the queen and is taken away.

Have only seen 3 panels from the chapter, but it seems like that's what it is doing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
7eP3644.png

Oh yuri manga. You never change.

jman2050

Not only that, but judging from the last page it looks like it's doing the classic
Chitoge and Queen swap clothes and Chitoge is mistaken for the queen and is taken away.

Have only seen 3 panels from the chapter, but it seems like that's what it is doing.

So Komi isn't content with cribbing cliches from just romcom harem manga...

Nordicus

Tried checking but nothing came up.

Anyway, Jitsu wa watashi wa had a popularity poll and since I know there are quite a few people here who read it here, I thought to post the results so everyone can see how well their favorites ranked.
1409222750157ykrs3.jpg
Is..... is that 7th girl the demon teacher? That'd be amazing.

Delighted that the hero is showing off his fatherly/brotherly instincts to her even if he has to be rather rough.

Same thing would happen to me with all those cute moments being critical hits to my heart.

Weapon guy is so nice. I think he's the only one whose actually friendly with the hero.
I find the angle "I'm going to drag this innocent little slave girl into some horrible shit, but I have no choice. Let's hope we can survive through it" rather interesting

KingJ2002

Naruto:

This chapter seems too good to be true. Either Shipudden is really going to end or this is all just a ploy as the sage of six paths is the real enemy.

i dunno... with all the "i'm coming back" jutsus out there and the lack of build up regarding the final fight (i swear the fight with pain had more of an end game feeling to it than kaguya's battle) i just can't see the manga ending like this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dresden used to be the King of Smut, before he got a job policing NeoGAF and cleaned up his act.

Exhibit A:

Oh my~
Itokoi Chidori is bad though.
The boob is weird...

Anyway, Jitsu wa watashi wa had a popularity poll and since I know there are quite a few people here who read it here, I thought to post the results so everyone can see how well their favorites ranked.

Alien girl win!

Aww yiss..

Nisekoi spoiler pic
http://i.imgur.com/0889xQx.jpg

New girl for the harem. She is the queen of a foreign country and looks exactly like Chitoge.

Gotta use all the cliche eh Komi?

Kurita

Second Haikyuu!! popularity contest's results
01) Shôsô Hinata (12,720)
02) Kôshi Sugawara (11,254)
03) Tobio Kageyama (9369)
04) Kei Tsukishima (8305)
05) Tôru Oikawa (7410)
06) Yû Nishinoya (6852)
07) Tadachi Yamaguchi (6561)
08) Tetsurô Kuroo (6511)
09) Hajime Iwaizumi (6111)
10) Kenma Kozume (4863)
11) Daichi Sawamura (4634)
12) Ryûnosuke Tanaka (4236)
13) Asahi Azumane (4003)
14) Keiji Akaashi (3995)
15) Hitoka Yachi (3987)
16) Akira Kunimi (3495)
17) Asateru Tsukishima (3258)
18) Kôtarô Bokuto (3084)
19) Morisuke Yaku (2979)
20) Lev Haiba (2753)
The rest : http://textup.fr/103447hy

Tanaka and Asahi are way too low, smh you damn fujoshis.

Quasar

Fuuka > Sara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tama

almost the inverse of my reaction, which would be:

Tama-chan>>>>>Sara>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fuuka.

But Fuukas in the title so she wins by default. Its interesting given a big part of my interest (aside from more Seo) was Fuuka due to my love (mostly) of Suzuka.

And I did love Eba right from the start. So its not like I dislike Seo mains.

Zweizer

Banned

Seems like there will be some more girls (and shenaningans). Class Rep is more popular than I thought.

Youko is still the most moe girl of them all~

dani_dc

Ane Log 25

"Perverted" brother finally got to touch some ass.

One Piece 758

After this arc Usopp is surely to finally get his own wanted poster. Which when in combination with Sogeking wanted poster will probably put him over Sanji in terms of bounty.

Naruto 690

"Congratulations on saving the world" is just such an odd thing to say.
Makes it sound like it was some unimportant thing that they did for their own sakes.
You congratulate for winning a Football game, not for saving the world.

smurfx

get some go again
hajime no ippo

read a theory that i really liked. now that both ippo and itagaki have lost then they can now spar and help each other cancel out their weaknesses. itagaki will help ippo with his offense and defense and ippo will teach itagaki how to properly fight infighters.

One Piece 758

After this arc Usopp is surely to finally get his own wanted poster. Which when in combination with Sogeking wanted poster will probably put him over Sanji in terms of bounty.
i want him to get a new bounty but only if he is called god usopp in it.

smurfx

get some go again
Naruto:

This chapter seems too good to be true. Either Shipudden is really going to end or this is all just a ploy as the sage of six paths is the real enemy.

i dunno... with all the "i'm coming back" jutsus out there and the lack of build up regarding the final fight (i swear the fight with pain had more of an end game feeling to it than kaguya's battle) i just can't see the manga ending like this.
the bloodiest most brutal battle of them all is coming up after this. narutoxsakura and narutoxhinata fandoms are going to destroy each other depending on who naruto ends up with or is hinted to end up with.

dani_dc

Naruto

I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see a Part 3, perhaps not immediately, but at this point I just can't imagine Naruto ending, especially since we're getting an epilogue movie so soon, makes me think it will just be a set up for a Part 3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Scumbag loser 10

Hooooooly shit.

Honestly this manga is kind off a pretty rote critique of conformism being the death of a person, how mainstream media breeds conformity and all that malarkey, but I do enjoy the way it's presented a lot. Fun little horror-ish manga. Also ending soon so it'll be a fun, quick read for people who prefer short stories.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Scumbag loser 10

Hooooooly shit.

Honestly this manga is kind off a pretty rote critique of conformism being the death of a person, how mainstream media breeds conformity and all that malarkey, but I do enjoy the way it's presented a lot. Fun little horror-ish manga. Also ending soon so it'll be a fun, quick read for people who prefer short stories.

What?

Bah.

I guess mangas about fat people will never make it far :/ Despite how interesting it is.

Zweizer

Banned
Okusan 13

She speaks to Zweizer specifically

Screw you.

Imma heal my heart with H-mangos.

Scumbag loser 10
Hooooooly shit.

Yeah it brings some pretty interesting themes, but the execution can be rather off-putting at first, especially during the first chapter when it doesn't fully dive into horror yet.

Naruto
I don't like how they zoomed in on Madara's corpse for a few panels there. Hopefully, they won't pull a "MWAHAHAHA, I'm the real bad guy again!" next issue. Eh, at least Naruto remembered to take care of Zetsu, so that reduces its chances of coming back.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 895-912

Miguel Zail is an amazing character and coach, and fuck Itagaki's "Screw your tactics, I'm Wally West" matches.

Miguel Zail's reappearance was the best thing about the Woli match, par none. Despite having 2 of his boxers beaten by Kamogawa's students, and 1 by Kamogawa himself, he's still trained 6 world champions, something that's beyond the possibility of just being good at spotting natural talent. But more interestingly, he's trained such varied personalities, from naive jungle kids to outright monstorous human being, and has been able to empathize and get along with them. He acts like a nice friendly grandpa right now, but do you guys remember the complete rapeface he had when it looked like Hawk was not just going to win the match but outright kill Takamura? Miguel's not a heel in the slightest, but rather, he gets his boxers.

He kept Hawk from losing his boxing license all the way to championhood, he got Anderson to follow his instructions and advice, and right now he's not bothered by single losses as long as his happy-go-lucky prodigy learns the sport, enjoys the process, and keeps their spirit up. He rightfully calls out Kamogawa for the 110% effort he demands of his boxers in their matches as it's demonstrably a stupid gamble
Miguel with Hawk, and Miguel with Woli
rxLAL4M.jpg
a99kjjA.jpg

Oh right, Itagaki. So, it looks as if he's inching towards crossing the yandere line, or having a regular heelturn. He beat Karasawa 2 seconds faster than Ippo did, congrats, but that was such a messy victory compared to how Ippo just dominated him. Small arbitrary victory, but doesn't stop Itagaki from obsessing over it.
I'm excited to see Aoki face his new opponent. Looks like his weight class just got a bit harder

Fuuka
I ain't even mad about the bottle thing, that's pretty much in line for how I expect pissed off idol fanboys to act. Them guys are scary, and i'm really surprised the industry seems to treat their fanatacism as valid or something worth putting up with.

Quasar

Fuuka
I ain't even mad about the bottle thing, that's pretty much in line for how I expect pissed off idol fanboys to act. Them guys are scary, and i'm really surprised the industry seems to treat their fanatacism as valid or something worth putting up with.

Especially even after stabbings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom