• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Getbackers manga considered good? I saw some of it at the used bookstore and was considering getting them.

Gosh, I read this series more than a decade ago, so please take my impression with a grain of salt.

Narrative-wise, I think it's pretty interesting early on when it's still a collection of episodic stories showcasing a variety of clients who just want to "get back what they've lost". However, it then goes into long arcs with almost non-stop fighting and rather dull plot. After a while I just lost interest and stopped following.

Aesthetic-wise, it's basically pretty boys doing cool fights while making pretty poses and delivering cool lines. This alone lasted me a while, actually, so if you're looking for something like that, go for it.

Quixzlizx

I don't even know who my avatar is¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e9sFEil.png

Another possible Marika avatar, of course

what why you're like MangaGAF's largest consumer of harems

I feel like I'm being painted into some sort of lewd loving being disingenuously

like I still prefer fluffy romances with one main couple to harems. I don't think I even read all that many harems really. Like there's Nisekoi, kinda Soma and I used to read Yamada. I guess Aunt Tits too/

Maybe it's because I get pretty involved in waifu wars when I do read a harem. I don't even try though it just happens

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like I'm being painted into some sort of lewd loving being disingenuously

like I still prefer fluffy romances with one main couple to harems. I don't think I even read all that many harems really. Like there's Nisekoi, kinda Soma and I used to read Yamada. I guess Aunt Tits too/

Maybe it's because I get pretty involved in waifu wars when I do read a harem. I don't even try though it just happens

Just pick the tsundere

don't you guys know anything about me by now?

having someone be that lovey dovey to you straight off the bat is way too easy.

that's why tsunderes are godlike. they bring suffering but that payoff is so #worth

Holy shit guys have you seen Tumblr and Twitter. So many people are in denial or anger for Tokyo Ghoul. I'm definitely in that category.

Also Ishida Sui the author hasn't tweeted anything for a week I believe. I hope everything's alright. Though I do feel that he's looking at everyone's tweets and laughing at there tears and anger. Even probably on the Internet. And I'll tell you there are lots of tears especially on Tumblr. All those pictures. Everyone's been trolled like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom