• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Gohan Shiyo ch1

rtggqdX.png
FJm7g6l.png

b7iEiXw.png

starting fights with me on the first page of the manga huh, alright. i get it. that's how we're doing this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why Raku from Nisekoi acts like Chitoge is a horrible bitch all the time when she hasn't even been been mean to him for like 85 chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because character tropes.

Its just kind of dumb when her whole character issue is being abrasive and he likes Onodera for not being abrasive, but Chitoge isn't even abrasive anymore.

dani_dc

Takkoku!!! 31

How is america if the second ranked depends of a once a day technique not failing?

So this is Worls War 3 with table tennis? If so I'm ever more confused why Kako isn't at the school.

Gohan Shiyo ch1

rtggqdX.png
FJm7g6l.png

b7iEiXw.png

starting fights with me on the first page of the manga huh, alright. i get it. that's how we're doing this.
Choco-mint is amazing and I won't let anyone argue otherwise.

The other one does not sound appealing though.
I don't understand why Raku from Nisekoi acts like Chitoge is a horrible bitch all the time when she hasn't even been been mean to him for like 85 chapters.
The first year with Chitoge defined his view of her.

Angry Grimace

Takkoku!!! 31

How is america if the second ranked depends of a once a day technique not failing?

So this is Worls War 3 with table tennis? If so I'm ever more confused why Kako isn't at the school.

The first year with Chitoge defined his view of her.

That wasn't even a year, it was like a few months.

Chariot

I think Raku would look at her differently if she confessed to him (lol).
Yeah, as if. Even if she would confess, he would just forget it, be unconscious or dead during the confession, misinterpret it or getting sucked into another dimension.

I think the moment Komi Naoshi tries to draw a real confession that Raku recognizes our universe will be in such a disorder that the doctor has to step in.

Komorebi no Kuni - Le duché ch1-4

Like 2-3 pages into it I got up and made some tea, pretty much out of necessity. The art is so cozy. With the full color and everything, it's got sort of a classy atmosphere going on, just really nice.

It's also running for manga with the least amount of plot I've ever read, which actually feels incredible (but also serves as a warning for those who don't feel okay with that). It's all basically brought in by the art and the way it carries itself.

In love with this right now
3465764pusns.jpg

First the avatar choice, now this. You're on fire (in the good way, not the Houtai Shoujo way).

upandaway

Ketchup and pickled radish? Sounds unpleasant.
So you're not okay with hamburgers having ketchup and other types of pickles?

What exactly makes pickled radish's affinity with ketchup significantly worse than other pickles

Otoyomegatari 7-8

Everything just got insane all of a sudden. I did not expect an honest to god skirmish to happen. Geez that was intense.

So let me get this straight, they send her to marry someone, then they want to take her back because they want to marry her to someone else, out of necessity because he killed the other girl they sent him? Because he killed the other girl they sent him? This stuff man. Lemme process this for a second.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 913-923

I always wondered why Kimura can't get a girlfriend. I guess he's too plain and non-aggressive for his own good in this area. Though the way the anime nerd and pedo rumors went out of control was really funny. I wonder if Morikawa hates everything that goes for moe appeal (with varying amounts of lewd), or if this is him making a jab at himself and his interests with those chapters.

Also, wow, Itagaki's horrible with women. Especially with mature ones, he's definitely surpassed Ippo in something. Now, I'm not sure whether I like that his seemingly abnormal speed was explained with his ability to see every twitch of his opponents muscles and eye movement at times. While it does move him away from being able to use the Speed Force, Itagaki is now closer to Prince of Tennis territory. That is not exactly an improvement!

Ippo's new challenger Kojima, is rather interesting. Already a step up from the earlier opponents in terms of gimmick and much of the build-up. Heck, Ippo even might have appropriate training this time! A guy with devastating punches, large body but no footwork, coming down 2 weight classes to challenge him. He is probably the biggest heel character Ippo has encountered, at least outside the ring.

He wears his heelness as a mask however, it's apparent that he really isn't this obnoxious usually, but for some reason he feels like he needs to get Ippo absolutely mad for the fight. It might be either to make Ippo fall into his bad habits, or maybe to make Ippo fired up just enough so that Kojima can get the determination to use his broken right hand as self-defense against his idol.

I can actually believe that Kojima knows a secret flaw of Ippo. He is a fan, so much so that his wife knows Ippo's match times because Kojima has been playing the fights over and over. He is downright obsessed, and as an experienced in-fighter he very likely has found out some kind of pattern in Ippo's fights. He's repeatedly said he has a strategy for getting a championship and that he can only do this because Ippo is the defender. Kojima is probably aiming for a counter, and counters by in-fighters actually do tend to down Ippo quite a bit.

Didn't really understand what good it would do for Kojima to antagonize Miyata so after their sparring. He sounded like he could beat Miyata despite the spar, and every fight Kojima's ever been in showing completely another outcome. He didn't word it quite as bluntly as he did with Ippo.

I really want to believe that the KNIM reference is actually Morikawa raging at Rage Town. I will not accept any other interpretation, even if true.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari Ch. 138

I'm a fan of fan under the skirt, but this is certainly acceptable as well. I think he'll have an easy time bedding her honestly.

Trinity Seven Ch. 41

Seeing Arata get all fluster over this girl is making me so very happy. I know soon he'll wave his sword dick and she'll be on her knees, but I'm enjoying seeing him being the one on his heels in regards to a girl for once.

Watashi no Ouchi wa Honya-san Ch. 1-9

The lewd is not nearly as high as I thought it was going to be and I'll totally okay with that. I still find it humorous all the same.

Zweizer

Banned
What exactly makes pickled radish's affinity with ketchup significantly worse than other pickles

My experience with radishes so far are that they're rather insipid with a very fibrous texture. I have trouble imagining adding ketchup on it will make a good dish, but hey, I haven't actually tasted such a thing~

Have you tried it panda~? How was it~?

Fairy Tail Zero 003

So Mavis's friend doesn't exist.... I am guessing the real girl (Zeira) died a long time ago

Man that is some "Wilson the Volleyball" shit right there

That or it is just plainly her spirit like what Mavis is currently doing with Fairy Tail

Nordicus

Even so, a few months of physical violence are difficult to erase from memory.
Hmm, the whole metal trauma from violence thing reminds me of Girls Saurus

Otoyomegatari 7-8

Everything just got insane all of a sudden. I did not expect an honest to god skirmish to happen. Geez that was intense.

So let me get this straight, they send her to marry someone, then they want to take her back because they want to marry her to someone else, out of necessity because he killed the other girl they sent him? Because he killed the other girl they sent him? This stuff man. Lemme process this for a second.
The intensity has yet to reach its peak!

And yes, the manga gets very grim at times. However, usually the implied worst case scenarios seem to be darker than what actually happens, for the main characters anyway. They are still quite chilling every single time

upandaway

My experience with radishes so far are that they're rather insipid with a very fibrous texture. I have trouble imagining adding ketchup on it will make a good dish, but hey, I haven't actually tasted such a thing~

Have you tried it panda~? How was it~?
My grandma makes a huge jar of pickles that we take some home every Saturday and it's super fine with ketchup (if they're both on other stuff obviously). It's the same as other pickles except more soft than crunchy.

Aqua ch8

President Aria chapter, that guy has a lot going on too, hang in there.
Next chapter is the last one before Aria... I'm thinking of just going with the manga and watching the anime in the more distant future (if at all, depending on how good it is).

HSDK
Okay that last arc end rather strange like author run into problems with the company .
As for the ending it was a okay would have been good if the last arc did not end so funny.
All in all i have to say in enjoy the manga for it's fights ,fun and funny fan service.

So does Kenichi have an even worse ending than Reborn or are they about the same level of terrible?

HSD ending rush as hell but it better than reborn and a whole bunch of others i read.

Zweizer

Banned
My grandma makes a huge jar of pickles that we take some home every Saturday and it's super fine with ketchup (if they're both on other stuff obviously). It's the same as other pickles except more soft than crunchy.

Ah the texture was what I was afraid of, but at least the taste is the same as other pickles.

dani_dc

So you're not okay with hamburgers having ketchup and other types of pickles?

My hamburgers have bread, meat and nothing else on them.

Hmm, the whole metal trauma from violence thing reminds me of Girls Saurus
Time to check that.
Hajime no Ippo 913-923

I really want to believe that the KNIM reference is actually Morikawa raging at Rage Town. I will not accept any other interpretation, even if true.
Didn't Ippo do the same exact thing with his "girlfriend"?

blo4Dw0.png

So I guess I'm in for the MangaGAF Seo-sensei Appreciation Suzuka Reading.

Do we have a date for this yet?

HSDK
Okay that last arc end rather strange like author run into problems with the company .
As for the ending it was a okay would have been good if the last arc did not end so funny.
All in all i have to say in enjoy the manga for it's fights ,fun and funny fan service.

HSD ending rush as hell but it better than reborn and a whole bunch of others i read.
The only thing that made me angry was the final page cause I thought the author was gonna keep who Kenichu ended up to open for the fans to decide since he covers the face of the two people in the wedding photo, but then in the corner they show a picture of Miu and Kenichis daughter...like...why...you might as well have just put older Miu and Kenichi in that pic. I was rooting for Shigure personally ;n;

The only thing that made me angry was the final page cause I thought the author was gonna keep who Kenichu ended up to open for the fans to decide since he covers the face of the two people in the wedding photo, but then in the corner they show a picture of Miu and Kenichis daughter...like...why...you might as well have just put older Miu and Kenichi in that pic. I was rooting for Shigure personally ;n;

i will never understand this line of thinking when the real answer was damn obvious.

*shrug*

dani_dc

Oh, he did. Thank god this is not a romance series.

Edit: and Ippo's so pure that he doesn't understand the meaning of "stick it in her" when he's over 20

Somehow, over 1000 chapters of Ippo makes me feel more frustated than the 200 chapters it took in KNIM, even if Ippo is a Sports series (that and KNIM characters were younger than Ippo both when we compare the start of the series as well as when they had sex in KNIM vs Ippo now).

Does Ippo even understand the concept of sex? Do they not teach it in class, or was it just brain damage from all the fights? Maybe the reason he's so resilient during fights is due to his sexual frustrations. As soon as those are gone he'll lose the edge he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom