• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

i think the gods are telling me that i read too much manga

bloodborne is gonna be released in feb so thats my break from manga

You know after watching the latest episode of Hunter X Hunter I've become even more depressed. Like imagine if Togashi didn't go into hiatus all those times. The anime would still be continuing. I mean I understand people need breaks, but this fella takes it to a whole new level. It's pretty ironic on how Oda who over works is forced to take breaks. While lazy Togashi doesn't work that hard and takes breaks.

Yeah I always thought Ging and Togashi had the same personality in that they give no fucks. Being a Hunter X Hunter fan is a painful commitment. Though I can't imagine what hardcore fans go through.

Hi all. I want to buy a manga I came across online called "Bakuon!!" but I am having a lot of trouble.

Any ideas where to look? I was hoping Amazon would have it but they did not.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 38-39

Koumoto-sensei, so fucking amazing. I wonder how the author would do if they drew a series in a slightly more realistic/gritty style than JwWw

1fNLrqX.jpg
ulqyXyh.jpg

Dresden

Started bokura no hentai. Good so far.

There's this fantastical shoujo surreality to the art that I'm really fond of. I know, I know, it doesn't run in a shoujo magazine, but it's what comes to mind as being typical of such imagery. Spaces often warp in response to heightened awareness, flowers fill the void, dresses and frills dominate fantasies. And the line work and character art and whatnot are all pleasing stuff. Not overly detailed or busy, but it's not like everyone needs to spend a week filling in wood carvings ala Kaoru Mori.

What I don't like is the tendency to overstate/narrate things - visual motifs, etc - where silence would be more appropriate but the author cannot abide the thought of the reader missing it. First is fine, as it sets it up - second is not, as it is redundant. Eliminate the text and these become better panels outright.

Erigu

imagine if Togashi didn't go into hiatus all those times.
I seriously doubt the quality wouldn't suffer.

It's pretty ironic on how Oda who over works is forced to take breaks. While lazy Togashi doesn't work that hard and takes breaks.
I find it really weird that people expect all authors to work / be able to work at the same rhythm.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seems that way! Though I dunno how soon though seeing that's the cover for vol. 8 and we're at... 4 or 5 in scanlations currently.

dani_dc

Boku Girl 25

Things getting complicated. And Loki didn't even had to do that much this time around.

Edit: Just noticed I said basically the same thing as Infinite Justice

dani_dc

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 5

College girl dating 9th grader is bad, OK?
Don't do that.

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 7

No one in Shokugeki no Soma has anything on Mikoto cooking skills!
Though she'd lose the contest since people would forget what happened after eating her food.

That also solves the issue of Genta girlfriend appearing, their relationship looked unhealthy though, and now that Mikoto has her eyes on Genta I can't see her letting him go easily.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And with that I'm all caught up with volume 1 of Is Reiroukan Still Alive?, thanks to those that recommend it to me, its a fairly good read, good cast that's allowed to shine thanks to the focus in the different individual characters from chapter to chapter.

The series also features some nice thick women eyebrows for those who are into that.

Angels vs demons I guess.

Angels win
Noo Principal! We hardly knew you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom