• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Don't worry, I clicked on it but I discovered I can't really handle it. It's my fault.

Still, I don't really think you should have jumped straight to linking it

Hmm it felt like I had ample warning signs though. Maybe I should spoiler the links

Jintor

Like... it would have been enough for you to say "Someone is making Strike Witches MH017 doujins and that's weird" and leave it at that. Anything more is kinda just shmuck bait

yeah, I mean I'm not one to be the pc police or anything like that

but there are some things better left unlinked and wallowing in the darkest corners of the internet where sane people aren't looking.

I didn't click on it, but... :/

_hekk05

Banned
Like... it would have been enough for you to say "Someone is making Strike Witches MH017 doujins and that's weird" and leave it at that. Anything more is kinda just shmuck bait

Aha. Again, I apologise

On a significantly lighter note, I have discovered that ま5 is in fact not a new serialisation. It has in fact 13 chapters, and is mostly focused on yuri things. I hereby declare the manga Charade-friendly

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair on hekk it's probably one of the lesser fucked up stuff I've been pointed to from this thread.

Some of the things I've read will cling onto my brain till the day I die!

Jintor

Like I kinda get why people can get so freaked over Hetalia now, imagine a moe Afghanistan-chan playing with planes and smacking a moe-American chan with them and then a picture of the twin towers collapsing, that's kind of what that doujin felt like to me for a second there

_hekk05

Banned
Like I kinda get why people can get so freaked over Hetalia now, imagine a moe Afghanistan-chan playing with planes and smacking a moe-American chan with them and then a picture of the twin towers collapsing, that's kind of what that doujin felt like to me for a second there

Wait that's why people get freaked out over Hetalia? I always thought it was the yaoi or something something hitler references

Jintor

well that too

but there was a brief period of time where people with nothing better to do got up in arms because a hetalia comic would reference an indescribable tragedy or atrocity that happened a couple hundred years ago and was therefore safe to turn into a anthropomorphised cute comic

or shorter timeframes too

Jintor

it's all roughly the same level of fukt

even bits of GuP weird me out, and I liked that show. I kinda rationalise it away because Katushka isn't meant to literally represent Stalin and stuff like that, but it's still weird

Antiwhippy

I thought girls und panzer was just about the tanks? I didn't really see much in the way of humanising terrible people/events.

Jintor

There's not really, but since it's about tank warfare and the schools are nation analogues some stuff comes up here and there esp. regarding the italian, german and russian analogues

_hekk05

Banned
Chinese trans of My Hero Academia are out. I was correct in my reading that the MC cannot become a hero.

Apparently, you can tell whether a person has latent capabilities by looking at how many joints their little toe has...

That's like the most random physical sign ever.

Tizoc

Kingdom Vol. 9
This manga has it all, over the top action, nice humor, some good drama, and feels...the feels.

_hekk05

Banned
Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto 3

so I guess this confirms they didn't do it between series

but man that imouto and her blowjobs

we give you weird looks anyway

if it's a spoiler just tag it

Something something
next chapter will have developing body Y-shirt imouto combo

Also
lots of kisses, including yuri ones

and cosplay

Chinese trans of My Hero Academia are out. I was correct in my reading that the MC cannot become a hero.

Apparently, you can tell whether a person has latent capabilities by looking at how many joints their little toe has...

That's like the most random physical sign ever.
The recent chapters have the MC moving in a more stereotypical direction....

_hekk05

Banned
The recent chapters have the MC moving in a more stereotypical direction....

Yes, he's begun training. Though at the end
that looked like some eel or worm thingie that supposedly introduced foreign DNA and will supposedly give him powers or something?

Deus ex machina in the 3rd chapter? pls

_hekk05

Banned
The v is the opening of the shirt, because the top few are unbuttoned. Y because there's a line of buttons under the opening.

Hence Y-shirt

Though small boobs work too. Especially when they bend down

zeromcd73

The new series starting in Jump SQ looks good.
next_main.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
Oh, wow. Has anyone been reading Kuroko no Basket lately? People been calling me a hater for years but damn it if they aren't agreeing with me now how ridiculous the manga actually is.

_hekk05

Banned
New Serialisation: ヨアケモノ aka Yoakemono

Serialised in Weekly Shounen Jump

Our young protag lives in an edo-japan world where kemonos (youkai?) are everywhere. After his buddy dies in a fight with such a kemono and he is left mortally wounded, someone saves him, and offers him power through a sword. (I'm assuming this gives him kemono powers?)

So now he joins this group of samurais (naturally named Shinsegumi).

Are all the WSJ new serialisations out? Can we have a cancellation bet yet?

Zweizer

Banned
New Serialisation: ヨアケモノ aka Yoakemono

Serialised in Weekly Shounen Jump

Our young protag lives in an edo-japan world where kemonos (youkai?) are everywhere. After his buddy dies in a fight with such a kemono and he is left mortally wounded, someone saves him, and offers him power through a sword. (I'm assuming this gives him kemono powers?)

Are all the WSJ new serialisations out? Can we have a cancellation bet yet?

Would probably have a better chance at surviving if it was a Kenshin prequel.

_hekk05

Banned
So for the 3 new WSJ mangas, we have

仆のヒーローアカデミア aka My Hero Acadamia

About a boy who cannot become a hero

三ツ首コンドル aka mitsu kubi kondoru by 石山谅

Seems to be about a dungeon? (reads a bit more like labyrinth) robber, who has witch eyes, which allows him to do witching stuff. He also has a mimic familiar that does some shenanigans.

ヨアケモノ aka Yoakemono

Make your bets people. Which gets canned first

Frog-fu

Banned
My predictions are as follows.

1. Mitsu kubi konduru goes out first
2. Yoakemono goes out second unless it gets off to a great start, i.e. gets right into the meat and potatoes without spending too much time on setting up the plot through uneventful chapters
3. My Hero Academia goes out last if it's good enough to spawn a strong following immediately or goes out second if it doesn't and Yoakemono performs better

scy

Honestly, all three don't look too interesting to me yet.

7th Garden, though...

I don't know what's your definiton of "good end" but in mine, it's when best girl wins.

In this context, "Good End" would be the route where
nobody dies, which implies MC x Childhood Friend

Antiwhippy

Gan-kon 1

Pretty standard stuff here. Guy makes a wish to a goddess for a cute wife, big mecha-looking goddess misheards him and thought that he wants her as a wife, so the god became a cute girl and they fight shounen battles with the red string of fate. Also turns out there's a total misunderstanding. Also the goddess turns out to be a tsundere. Surprise!

I'm liking it so far though. This manga's got spunk. It's nice to read a manga with some spunk.

_hekk05

Banned
Gan-kon 1

Pretty standard stuff here. Guy makes a wish to a goddess for a cute wife, big mecha-looking goddess misheards him and thought that he wants her as a wife, so the god became a cute girl and they fight shounen battles with the red string of fate. Also turns out there's a total misunderstanding. Also the goddess turns out to be a tsundere. Surprise!

I'm liking it so far though. This manga's got spunk. It's nice to read a manga with some spunk.

Oh my antiwhippy is reading Gan-Kon!?

It's actually pretty good stuff. Battle shounen definitely, but also with some interesting twists and turns, especially how his power works. That and a tsundere waifu definitely makes for an interesting manga.

Apparently eng trans is catching up now after a long hiatus, so now is a good time to get into it.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, I started reading it because I noticed that scanlations are being picked up.

I do like what I've read. With the whole spunk thing.

There is actually a series of moe Middle East characters so it might have been more that.

I mean the only real thing Hetalia gets people up in arms over is if they are Korean netizens cause Japan doing anything Korean reference gets them in arms and the dub so bad its good accents.

Hetalia doesn't even really cover tragedies though. Its was more WW2 but has moved on to mostly cultural stuff.

Of course, once you get into fanworks, then its more of the fan artists problem and less of the original series :p

So for the 3 new WSJ mangas, we have

Make your bets people. Which gets canned first

Probably Dungeon first, then its a toss up between youkai hunters or not a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom