• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
lets suffer together

i remember reading this way back, is this the scuba diving manga? I dont actually remember

-.-

It's a ship salvaging manga about badasses saving the japanese economy and preventing airports from getting blown up.

Lain

Forget-me-not (OBATA Yuuki) Volume 1
EXV.jpg

Can a manga be both uplifting and depressing at the same time? Well, this one was for me.
The way the story starts, with an attempted suicide (because of bullying) gone wrong, paves the way to what is expected to be a sorta gloomy tale, but then thanks to the other characters in the hospital everything takes a turn for the better. Umeno, especially thanks to the help of Yukiyoshi, changes her gloomy outlook on the future and decides she'll go back to school. That's when we go back to the sorta depressing part of the manga, because it's when we learn about Yukiyoshi disease and the rest of the young patients in the hospital.
Still, seeing the way Yukiyoshi handles his own disease and how he interacts with the other people really helps offset the more depressing sides of the story, which consists also of the death of terminally ill kids.
A really satisfying first volume, well drawn and with a story that hits all the right notes, even if it's not all roses and sunshines.

kasane

It's a ship salvaging manga about badasses saving the japanese economy and preventing airports from getting blown up.

yeah this is what i meant

i guess scuba diving was a bad term for it that said im remembering another manga but it was romance they dove too

Forget-me-not (OBATA Yuuki) Volume 1

Can a manga be both uplifting and depressing at the same time? Well, this one was for me.
The way the story starts, with an attempted suicide (because of bullying) gone wrong, paves the way to what is expected to be a sorta gloomy tale, but then thanks to the other characters in the hospital everything takes a turn for the better. Umeno, especially thanks to the help of Yukiyoshi, changes her gloomy outlook on the future and decides she'll go back to school. That's when we go back to the sorta depressing part of the manga, because it's when we learn about Yukiyoshi disease and the rest of the young patients in the hospital.
Still, seeing the way Yukiyoshi handles his own disease and how he interacts with the other people really helps offset the more depressing sides of the story, which consists also of the death of terminally ill kids.
A really satisfying first volume, well drawn and with a story that hits all the right notes, even if it's not all roses and sunshines.
That's the author of Bokura ga Ita, yar? That sounds about right.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 52

Mikoshiba is just too adorable.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto 3

Well, that page.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Black Butler really does feel more like an American comic with its story arcs.
Lots of genre hopping too.

Does it?

It feels a lot more like old school mangas where there is a central cast of characters but most of the story arcs aren't really connected to each other.

Jintor

Gekkan Shoujo is far and away the most consistent gag manga I've ever read, even including Yandere Kanojo which I think is fantastic.

Soma

the point is that i am highly unoriginal

edit- and it got a few people to read that muscle guy manga. thread = success

Zweizer

Banned
"good end" would also mean best girl not winning so I'm okay with this

I don't know what's your definiton of "good end" but in mine, it's when best girl wins.

I feel sad knowing Tachi has already lost. Not because of shipping or anything, but because the tomboys can never win.

You should probably read Molester Man.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch28

What happened to the boy?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOY?!

_hekk05

Banned
MH 17 doujin

Features strike witches girls

WARNING

DO NOT read if you are sensitive to recent tragedies
DO NOT read if you like to be politically correct
DO NOT read if you dislike dark humor

yes it is pretty fucked up

Jintor

Don't worry, I clicked on it but I discovered I can't really handle it. It's my fault.

Still, I don't really think you should have jumped straight to linking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom