• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Koe no Karachi 55

I still can't like Nishimiya mother. Have to get her drunk for her to be somewhat sympathetic.

Shokugeki no Soma 88

Glad it was a fast battle. Now we can move to the fun reactions and to the actually interesting match.

Fuuka 33

This is progressing so much better than in Suzuka lol
I feel like Seo Kouji's artistry is weakening over time. I only read from his body of work because I can feel the intensity of his misanthropy through his characters and their lack of genuine human characteristics. His angry, pessimistic view of a new, detached generation lacking in the basic sensibilities of relationships is what gives art to his comics. Fuuka is an example of Kouji indulging in our desire for comfort and logic at the cost of his greater social commentary.

Koe no Katachi 55

Sweet chapter. Shoko and Ishida's moms bonding over alcohol, shit talking about men probably. Its awesome. I guess both of them really needed to let loose after everything.

I hope Ishida's shoulder thing isnt a big deal. Maria was cute this chapter too.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 467

Officially back in the mansion and relatively where the anime was in the timeline. Some more Nagi character development shown.

Reincarnation no Kaben 1-2

I forgot to mention this one I just found in my earlier post. It has an interesting premise: there are people who can tap into their past lives, often being famous (or infamous) characters in history from warriors to scientists to serial murders, and use their talents. It has a very Persona-like feel to me at the moment, but I'm curious to see how it goes.

Zephyx

Fuuka 33

I don't like this one bit. It's good that Fuuka is not like her mother in terms of being a tsundere but.. she's not the best girl here. I'm questioning myself why do I always pick the wrong girl?

Suzuka 41
Geez. So obvious she's not gonna give up on him. Can't she just say they should break up?

Suzuka 42
Wow. Yamato is really a user. Come on Seo. Please don't make me hate the guy more.

Suzuka 43
Great. You barely know the girl and you do that to her. After all the nice things she did for you, that's how you pay her back?

Suzuka 46-47
I thought this girl is a new challenger. Guess I was wrong. But the end of 47 really emphasizes Yamato's dumbness. Not going to hurt her.. Yeah, right.

Suzuka 48-49
Suzuka making the moves again. And Yamato picking a gift by seeing a rival of her girlfriend wearing a necklace. Just great. And that ending.. Seo really knows how to make cliffhangers. :(

Suzuka 50-51
Any girlfriend would feel that way. All that matters to this guy is himself. So selfish.

Suzuka 52
Bye Honoka. T_T You've done your job as a plot device. :(

Suzuka 53
And all this time, you still consider Suzuka's feelings. Seriously?

Suzuka 54
Don't. even. try. You'll fail miserably.

Suzuka 55-58
Wow. This guy moved on so fast. Well, not really amazed given the type of relationship he had with Honoka.. but still.

Vamp Vol.01

mL7IX1dl.jpg

A story written by Narita of Baccano and Durarara!! fame about two rival families of vampires and in true Narita fashion, it was amazing.

As usual there's a large variety of characters that make up the cast and that's really what makes it so great. It goes through focusing on multiple characters and really helps make it engaging to read. Fun twists and turn and the characters are eccentric that it makes this completely interesting to read.

It's definitely something I can't wait to read the next volume of but I need to read something trashy now to keep this light novel equilibrium in set.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Youko x boku SS 1

Did they seriously name an organisation in this manga the SS?

Otherwise, fun premise of youkai stuff, which I'm always fond of.

Stop reading the manga, you are going to regret it. I know I did. The most BS move ever done in any manga and this guy destroyed my humanity for that brief day that I read that chapter.

Fuuka 33

If I didn't know better I'd say Seo knows about the reading bet given how differently this went.

Also, I don't think the other Suzuka characters have aged the proper amount given that the characters in Fuuka were literally not even born yet when Suzuka took place.

Seo is gonna go with his antics pretty soon. The confession part felt forced and pretty early in the life of the manga. I call it ending by Ch. 100 due to how bad it gets.

Isn't what you really crave for?

95466-are-you-not-entertained-gif-Im-K4kF.gif

THE DRAMA WE ALL DESIRE!!!

Vamp Vol.01

mL7IX1dl.jpg

A story written by Narita of Baccano and Durarara!! fame about two rival families of vampires and in true Narita fashion, it was amazing.

As usual there's a large variety of characters that make up the cast and that's really what makes it so great. It goes through focusing on multiple characters and really helps make it engaging to read. Fun twists and turn and the characters are eccentric that it makes this completely interesting to read.

It's definitely something I can't wait to read the next volume of but I need to read something trashy now to keep this light novel equilibrium in set.

is this a light novel dakku?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 55

I like this turn of events. moms bffs 4eva

nah more irl things pissing me off.

I read Game Over and loved it. It was one of the first mangas I read actually.

Kind of weird to think I haven't even been reading manga for a year yet.
Only a year?? What have you read so far?

Try Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san or Himouto! Umaru-chan.

edit:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1-4

Something tells me I should have been reading this a long time ago.
What the fuck is wrong with you, how have you not read this yet.

It's like the creme de la creme of shoujo!

Koe no Katachi 55

I like this turn of events. moms bffs 4eva

Only a year?? What have you read so far?

Try Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san or Himouto! Umaru-chan.

edit:

What the fuck is wrong with you, how have you not read this yet.

It's like the creme de la creme of shoujo!

yep. First time I started reading manga was 2 threads ago, which was like February at the earliest? probably closer to March.

The first manga I read was Nisekoi. :lol

And I just realised why I was holding off on Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I was waiting to get my Kindle to buy the Kindle edition and forgot all about it, so I'll start picking up the volumes on that.

Yeah. I'm pretty much in my first year or so (hell I'm just getting to two years with anime).

yep, I'm the same. couple of years of anime and like 6 or 7 months of manga.

oh how time flies

First proper anime I watched was SAO.

Quasar

yep, I'm the same. couple of years of anime and like 6 or 7 months of manga.

oh how time flies

First proper anime I watched was SAO.

For me, well this time as I did watch a few anime as a kid, it was Ah My Goddess. It all started when I got access to Netflix streaming. Free legal easy access to a bunch of anime is what started it all.

Up to date on Love Tyrant.

That might be the best interpretation of God I have ever seen.

Although I'm still disappointed that the cheetah from Chapter 3 hasn't been involved more, what the fuck is this bullshit?

Rhapsody

Banned
First of mind was Dragon Ball stuff. But this includes random things from visiting different countries.

I think I remember seeing some soccer anime in France too if I wanted to count that. Might've been Captain Tsubasa, I dunno.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
First of mind was Dragon Ball stuff. But this includes random things from visiting different countries.

I think I remember seeing some soccer anime in France too if I wanted to count that. Might've been Captain Tsubasa, I dunno.

it was probably captain tsubasa. hearing it in spanish is hilarious as to how bad they hype up a players set up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Stop reading the manga, you are going to regret it. I know I did. The most BS move ever done in any manga and this guy destroyed my humanity for that brief day that I read that chapter.

Wait what.

You gotta give me the details when saying something like that man. :p

So far there's been nothing humanity destroying.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wait what.

You gotta give me the details when saying something like that man. :p

So far there's been nothing humanity destroying.

I'll spoiler it in case anyone still doesn't heed my warning.
All the characters end up dying. As the manga explains, they look exactly as their youkai ancestor in human form when they reincarnate and they bond with the same people they did in a past lifetime. It was really painful actually finding enjoyable characters and relationships and having all of them die due to some youkai's beef with them. This apparently happens repeatedly from what I remember and the main character and her significant other die in a slaughter. Its been so long since I read it but that shift made me drop it, even the author (if it wasn't the translator) even said said during the beginning of the chapter for this odd shift and hope it can enrich the story. Ever since then I gave up on it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soma 88

Maybe Soma should have added more Beefheart for added flavour.

I'll spoiler it in case anyone still doesn't heed my warning.
All the characters end up dying. As the manga explains, they look exactly as their youkai ancestor in human form when they reincarnate and they bond with the same people they did in a past lifetime. It was really painful actually finding enjoyable characters and relationships and having all of them die due to some youkai's beef with them. This apparently happens repeatedly from what I remember and the main character and her significant other die in a slaughter. Its been so long since I read it but that shift made me drop it, even the author (if it wasn't the translator) even said said during the beginning of the chapter for this odd shift and hope it can enrich the story. Ever since then I gave up on it.

Ah, I can see how people would really dislike that. I dunno though, I'll see for myself how it's handled first though. I don't mind
death
as long as it's handled well.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Ah, I can see how people would really dislike that. I dunno though, I'll see for myself how it's handled first though. I don't mind
death
as long as it's handled well.

You can come back crying to me. I'll keep my arms open.

Edit:

Also, Nozomi x Kimio ended on 19 then went weekly on another comic? My body is ready.

Koe no Katachi 55

I don't get the scene where Ishida drops his sushi while mentioning Nishimiya's shoulder. Why was there an awkward pause?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koe no Katachi 55

I don't get the scene where Ishida drops his sushi while mentioning Nishimiya's shoulder. Why was there an awkward pause?

He drops it because of the damage to his shoulder, either from the pain or nerve or muscle damage.

Then suddenly all the guilt.

Yeah the implication isn't totally clear I had to reread it a few times before I got it.

He drops it because of the damage to his shoulder, either from the pain or nerve or muscle damage.

Then suddenly all the guilt.

Yeah the implication isn't totally clear I had to reread it a few times before I got it.

oh ok. I thought it was something with his speech in the previous panel.

Usobuko

Banned
Hiai Mousou

c6OAkxR.jpg

Psychotic chick where the manga thrives in her obsessive infatuation. I guess I'll drop thist because nothing really faze me and I'm only mildly interested how it will end, as in whether it's a good or bad ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom