• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
why doesn't holyland or onani master kurosawa have an anime? its always some of the crappiest manga's that get adaptations... I need some more Yoko-sama in ma life

KGwnbn3.png

So much Hinako goodness.

I wish this happened more often.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's gonna be called Tokyo Dove or Tokyo Investigator. I'm feeling it too.

id like investigator cause we all know
amon is gonna be the new protag with ghoul powers since he's in a coma. perfect opportunity to expand the social issues dealing with ghouls and seeing how the authorities deal with it when one of their own is turned into a ghoul. will they turn against him or not? friend or foe? it gun be good and i forget if hes brain dead or not...

Revo

Himouto! Umaru-chan 75

Alex just isn't in tune with his feminine side.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 76

RIP secret strats

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps

*dies of the adorbs*

Ei-chan is the smoothest motherfucker ever.

Usobuko

Banned
I think it's rather refreshing that Natsu took the initiative times and times again. It's fitting for both her personality and Ei-chan.

Soma

Parasyte Vol 1+2

So for some reason I wasn't expecting this to be so funny.

The horror elements are very much prominent in the story but the comedy seems equally strong which isn't really a bad thing. The dialogue between the protag and his parasite hand is very entertaining. Art is also quite good especially the 80's style aesthetic going for it.

But man I can tell the anime for this is gonna be so censored in the TV broadcast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's rather refreshing that Natsu took the initiative times and times again. It's fitting for both her personality and Ei-chan.

Ei-chan is pretty smooth though, he always has the right shit to say to get the girls swoonin'

id like investigator cause we all know
amon is gonna be the new protag with ghoul powers since he's in a coma. perfect opportunity to expand the social issues dealing with ghouls and seeing how the authorities deal with it when one of their own is turned into a ghoul. will they turn against him or not? friend or foe? it gun be good and i forget if hes brain dead or not...

See the way I see it is that
Kaneki might end up as a CCG Investigator. Like why would Hide for no reason what so ever send Kaneki to death's door and get eaten by him. Hide as a character is shown to be a intelligent person with great intitution and for him to do that would be out of character. He probably had a plan which is why he said "could you try your best" to Kaneki in order to impress Arima so he would spare his life. Arima was always shown as a expressionless, calm, cold character but in that scene when he was fighting Kaneki he showed some emotions. He literally said " Good Job Kaneki Ken" which shows that he was impressed and he hasn't said that to anyone else. Also the fact that Kaneki cut him was a major feat. At the end of the chapter Arima has a conversation with the chief head that was vague. There was a mistranslation in that Arima didn't say "leave it to me" but it was " I'll leave it to him". Which could correspond to Kaneki and also it was shown that Kaneki had erased on the CCG paper. That could mean his existence has been erased, because Kaneki himself is a ethical disaster. So yeah I feel he may end up as a investigator and that last page had a picture that looked similar to Kaneki with a briefcase.

Or I could be all wrong.

survivor

Banned
This post is full of feelings, i can feel them.

---

How do you even vote at sugoi japan? It's all in moonrunes and i can't understand anything... and the english version is only that welcome page.

From the link posted, just click on whatever manga you wanna vote for. You will get a popout screen, click the big red button and it will be added to the list on the right. After you get 3, click the button under it. New page will ask you for a nickname/name and click next. Then it will ask you for name, email, age and after that it will submit.

Soma

sugoi japan poll needs a prison school choice imo

oh well ended up going with

otoyomegatari
nickelodeon
punpun (coin flip between that and silver spoon)

some stuff i've been meaning to read though (children of the sea, march lion, etc.)

Kyuur

Alright, so if HxH isn't there tomorrow I will finally give up and say it's on hiatus again.

Someone pick out a Nisekoi avatar for me. Anything.

Usobuko

Banned
Easier to pick the anime ones for me.

Mushishi
Mononoke
Dennou Coil / Tatami Galaxy

I go with DC because it's an older series.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
See the way I see it is that
Kaneki might end up as a CCG Investigator. Like why would Hide for no reason what so ever send Kaneki to death's door and get eaten by him. Hide as a character is shown to be a intelligent person with great intitution and for him to do that would be out of character. He probably had a plan which is why he said "could you try your best" to Kaneki in order to impress Arima so he would spare his life. Arima was always shown as a expressionless, calm, cold character but in that scene when he was fighting Kaneki he showed some emotions. He literally said " Good Job Kaneki Ken" which shows that he was impressed and he hasn't said that to anyone else. Also the fact that Kaneki cut him was a major feat. At the end of the chapter Arima has a conversation with the chief head that was vague. There was a mistranslation in that Arima didn't say "leave it to me" but it was " I'll leave it to him". Which could correspond to Kaneki and also it was shown that Kaneki had erased on the CCG paper. That could mean his existence has been erased, because Kaneki himself is a ethical disaster. So yeah I feel he may end up as a investigator and that last page had a picture that looked similar to Kaneki with a briefcase.

Or I could be all wrong.

This is really good too. I honestly don't know what might happen but the author actually knows how to thicken a plot by making it complex with many hints unlike other authors...

This is really good too. I honestly don't know what might happen but the author actually knows how to thicken a plot by making it complex with many hints unlike other authors...

I was literally blown when
Arima said no ghouls can pass V14.
And that Tokyo Ghoul's last manga Vol was 14. Like the connection holy shit.

Usobuko

Banned
I like Kodomo no Kodomo. Looks like no one else is that interested though.

That child-like innocence of 5th graders is a splendid contrast with the gravity issue of pregnancy at their age.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
why doesn't holyland or onani master kurosawa have an anime? its always some of the crappiest manga's that get adaptations... I need some more Yoko-sama in ma life

Judging by the amount of Nisekoi and Suzuka talks in this thread, isn't it obvious that people just like crappy stuff?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Judging by the amount of Nisekoi and Suzuka talks in this thread, isn't it obvious that people just like crappy stuff?

at least its recognized as crappy. i mean i love waifu talk and all that stuff but when its time to get serious, we gotta recognize works that go beyond trends and establish themselves in the midst of heavy competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom